Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#7518 - 04/11/08 11:42 PM shapeshifting
alfgar Offline
stranger

Loc: eagle river,wi.
Greetings,

How many believe in shapeshifting? Do you believe people can actually change physicaly into a animal? a native medicine man I learned from said in the old days the old medicine men could physically change, ut the ability was lost. Also think about all the cultures all over the world that didn't have contact in ancient time's tho they all have storys of shapeshifters. Any thoughts on the subject?

alfgar

#7519 - 04/12/08 12:22 AM Re: shapeshifting [Re: alfgar]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
If my legs get wet - i turn into a mermaid Alfgar.
Shapeshifting would half to occur on a cellular level, where most of the cells in your body somehow changes forms... what's the genetic theory behind shapeshifting?

~~352~~

#7526 - 04/12/08 04:49 AM Re: shapeshifting [Re: alfgar]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Alright Alfgar,

Your posts have been kinda strange, and I have refrained... did I just rhyme? I'm a poet, and I didn't know it.

Ok.

How about this:

Shapeshifting is plausible, but perhaps not neccesarily by the definitions of which we are accustomed.

Does that make any sense?

If I decide I want to "become" a certain thing, usually an animal form, there is nothing stopping me from actually doing this. This must be taken in the context of other threads in this forum, of course. I am an eagle, I am a crocodile, I am a God... or more particularly, I am Thoth. Why not?

Is this a question of witness? Of subjectivity? Who can say? If I was chilin' with the bro's after ingesting large quantities of ayahuasca, and decided that the great bear was with me, would they see it as well? Would it matter?

"Bigfoot is my daddy and he wants to protect me!"

Seriously, though, and I have been serious throughout this post - I've heard of the wearing of furs, or feathers, aids in this "transition". You must ask yourself, though, what is to gain, and why would I do this? If this is to gain a certain power, or knowledge that you believe this particular animal or god-form possesses, then I'd say "go for it".

If you're going to rely on others to validate your experience - if they do or do not, this is of no consequence. If you truly become the wolf, then you "are" the wolf.

#7527 - 04/12/08 04:50 AM Re: shapeshifting [Re: alfgar]
Stag Offline
pledge

Stories of 'shapeshifters' likely originate from the practice of astral projection and it's many analogues.

When exploring the many and varied astral realms it can be useful to employ an astral body suitably 'tuned' to the ambience of the place. A bestial form may be better suited to the lower, more emotional end of the astral spectrum, with more angelic forms coming into play in the higher strata.

Since most shamanic practices I've heard of involved some form of astral projection, it would seem that this would be the source of the stories you've heard. As these techniques filtered down into ears unfamiliar with the context, these became tales of shapeshifters, werewolves, ghouls, etc., who could change their physical body -- either at will or involuntarily.

Stag

#7584 - 04/13/08 01:26 AM Re: shapeshifting [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
alfgar Offline
stranger

well, from the web pages I researched state that a human can physically change, that you can't change your genes into anotherm also you can't take a adult and bring it down to the size of a rabbit. they gave 3 types of shapeshifting.

1] dream state[ where when one is dreaming they transform into a animal.
2] meditation[ where one goes into a medative state visualises the animal and see'e the animal enter you, and becoming one.
3] I forgot what they call it, but what you do is study the animal its abilitys and charcter, then assume by seeing your seeing and physically doing what they do, like getting into there head. this method they carry the animal within them always. The first 2 are temporal.

Now the most common reasons used by tribal people were to use the animals abilitys for hunting,battle,courage, and to be closer to nature.

alfgar

#7585 - 04/13/08 01:30 AM Re: shapeshifting [Re: alfgar]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Oh... I thought you meant like warewolf and stuff. Like my bones morph into a dog shaped body and i grow a snout and fangs.

If thats what you mean by shapeshifying - do you know how many Americans shapeshift into potatoes everyday in front of the tv set watching Oprah and Star Jones?

Kayla

~~352~~

#7664 - 04/13/08 11:50 PM Re: shapeshifting [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
alfgar Offline
stranger

Yes, I did mean the werewolf type. But the web says its impossible to physically shapeshift except for those 3 methods. but if it was possible you would make a beautiful she-wolf.

alfgar

#7665 - 04/13/08 11:57 PM Re: shapeshifting [Re: alfgar]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: alfgar
Yes, I did mean the werewolf type. But the web says its impossible to physically shapeshift except for those 3 methods. but if it was possible you would make a beautiful she-wolf.

alfgar

LOL... Thanx. I would be a snowwolf, with all white fur.

This reminds me of an 80's movie I saw. I don't remember the name of it, but i'd like to see it again. It was about this guy and girl who loved each other, but a witch put a curse on the both of them so they can never love each other. The guy would turn into a n eagle during the day, and the girl would turn into a wolf at night? They go around to find a spell to break the curse.

Alfgar, the closest thing I've seen to real, genuine shapeshifting or warewolves is that one genetic condition when the people are born with fur on their face.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPG1OokzGo

Kayla

~~352~~

#7670 - 04/14/08 01:56 AM Re: shapeshifting [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
frank Offline
stranger

Loc: Malta
that film is lady oke the guy in wolf black one and
the lady in falcon,
the best part when he gose in the churc whit the horse

#7693 - 04/14/08 09:22 AM Re: shapeshifting [Re: frank]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: frank
that film is lady oke the guy in wolf black one and
the lady in falcon,
the best part when he gose in the churc whit the horse

LADY! It that the name of the film...ok I got it all backwards. I saw it when i was little. I'm gunna see it again and keep an eye out for the Church seen. Is it a sex scene?

Kayla

~~352~~

#7695 - 04/14/08 09:48 AM Re: shapeshifting [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
You want to be a SNOWwolf? I can help. ;\) All I have to do is cover you all up! LOL. Anywayyy~~ To the topic:

My take on shapeshifting would have to be the general idea here, y=I don't believe you can physically change yourself at will. You can get inside the mind of the target to shapeshift into, you can know it and study it, and become it mentally, but I don't believe you can change on a genetic level to actually become something else.

#7707 - 04/14/08 06:40 PM Lycanthrophic Metamorphosis [Re: alfgar]
Meq Offline
Banned

How To Become A Werewolf:

http://www.playspoon.com/twi/howto.html#3

Abridged from Anton LaVey's 'The Devil's Notebook' (it's long enough anyway).

#7710 - 04/14/08 08:23 PM Re: shapeshifting [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Actually for accuracy's sake the name of the film was 'LadyHawke'. I love that film also. I caught it recently again on Cable.

As far as morphing goes, when I was little I wished on EVERY fist star, shooting star and birthday cake etc, that when I grew up I wanted to be a 6' Black Woman, but surprise surprise, it still didn't happen. And it certainly wasn't for a lack of trying or belief.

Zeph

#7712 - 04/14/08 08:38 PM Re: shapeshifting [Re: ZephyrGirl]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
Actually for accuracy's sake the name of the film was 'LadyHawke'. I love that film also. I caught it recently again on Cable.

As far as morphing goes, when I was little I wished on EVERY fist star, shooting star and birthday cake etc, that when I grew up I wanted to be a 6' Black Woman, but surprise surprise, it still didn't happen. And it certainly wasn't for a lack of trying or belief.

Zeph

LadyHawk! Thank you Zeph.

A six foot tall black lady? Thats the most unique wish I've ever heard, from a little australian girl? Why? Basketball? What if you got your wish in a different way... like your a black girl in spirit \:\)

I wished for a Rambo knife when I was small. I saw how cool it was. I still don't have one :p

Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/14/08 08:39 PM)

~~352~~

#7713 - 04/14/08 08:53 PM Re: shapeshifting [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
I wished for a Rambo knife when I was small. I saw how cool it was. I still don't have one :p

LMFAO. I still remember the day I got myself a Rambo knife for one of my teenage birthdays. Had fish hooks and line in the handle. A compass in the top. Sharp as shit. I cut myself with it the same day. Funny story about that birthday. I had a friend that had bone cancer as a kid and had lost his leg as a result. He had a "wooden" leg. He was at my house for my birthday. I had invited another friend over. He didn't know my friend had a fake leg. So he shows up and we are checking out my gifts and shooting the shit like typical kids. My friend with the fake leg grabs my Rambo knife and slams it into his fake leg with authority. My other friend turned ghost white and his eyes damned near hit the floor. Fake leg showed him the fake leg and he calmed down. It was magical. I miss my Rambo knife and one legged friend.

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.