Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#77787 - 07/05/13 11:37 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: SIN3]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
 Originally Posted By: Morgan
Simple...

Don't like abortion, don't have one.

How you feel about it has no bearing on whether someone else should use it.

Abortion is not new, what is new is the relative medically safe way it can be done. If it gets outlawed, it will still happen.

M

Word soup word soup word soup and then Morgan…a breath of fresh air.

Abortion is not complicated. In fact, it’s so simple that a kindergartener could understand it. Should the thing growing in Mommy's tummy be protected by law? If you say yes, then you’re pro-life. If not, you’re pro-choice.

I happen to believe that when I was a fetus I was a life, and that my right to live superseded my mother’s right to choose what to do with me. That would make me pro-life. Others believe differently, and there’s not a damn thing I can do about it; abortions are simply a fact of life.

At the end of the day, all I can do is live my life the best that I can.

#77788 - 07/06/13 12:18 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: Le Deluge]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
 Originally Posted By: Le Deluge
Governor Perry seems to have some latitude to call another special session under Texas law. He must really want this one.

Special sessions are designed to resolve an impending crisis. I'm unaware of any time-sensitive "crisis" that especially needs addressing. Even the conservative legislators likely aren't all too happy, given that they aren't getting paid any more to get dragged in for an extra session (and are missing their other jobs for it). It's an immensely unpopular tactic in any case.

Traditionally Texas has wanted a weak governor, and Perry has been unusual in that he throws his weight around to the upper limits of what he's permitted to do.

I loved Perry's justification for making Gardasil mandatory: "I will always err on the side of saving lives." What about this time? No? Oh, he's concerned about the lives of fetuses. Women with pre-eclampsia, ectopic pregnancies, Mirror Syndrome, hydatidiform moles, etc. be damned. Their lives can go suck it.

Originally Posted By: SIN3
She stood for over 10 hours and didn't even pee! All for a delay. All they had to do was mirror the Bill and kick it through. At best she's a punchline.

That delay held over to the end of the session (with a little help from a rowdy crowd). Perry called another session, sure, but now 2,300 people have signed up to testify. If they can keep it going, the new session will expire. Perry could try to call yet another special session, but he'd be treading on thin ice at that point.

#77789 - 07/06/13 12:33 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: XiaoGui17]
Le Deluge Offline

Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17
Special sessions are designed to resolve an impending crisis. I'm unaware of any time-sensitive "crisis" that especially needs addressing. Even the conservative legislators likely aren't all too happy, given that they aren't getting paid any more to get dragged in for an extra session (and are missing their other jobs for it). It's an immensely unpopular tactic in any case.

Traditionally Texas has wanted a weak governor, and Perry has been unusual in that he throws his weight around to the upper limits of what he's permitted to do.

I loved Perry's justification for making Gardasil mandatory: "I will always err on the side of saving lives." What about this time? No? Oh, he's concerned about the lives of fetuses. Women with pre-eclampsia, ectopic pregnancies, Mirror Syndrome, hydatidiform moles, etc. be damned. Their lives can go suck it.

This doesn't surprise me somehow. So, Perry was barely within his rights to call the first session. Davis shuts down the first session with a filibuster. The second special session (again sans crisis) is likely to fail? "Oops." I bet you'll be glad to be rid of that guy. It would be funny if Paul challenged him the 2014 primary and ended up winning. He sure had Ricky's number during those presidental debates. I suppose 77 is a bit old, but it would be awesome to see.

#77793 - 07/06/13 07:04 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: XiaoGui17]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
Perry called another session, sure, but now 2,300 people have signed up to testify. If they can keep it going, the new session will expire. Perry could try to call yet another special session, but he'd be treading on thin ice at that point.

According to the status of the Bill, the testimony has been favorable (see: July 2, Updates). Dubbed the Bro-Choice Bill, most of the coverage appears to be a focus on Women's Heath, and preventing sub-standard care, while saving viable fetuses. Even if OBGYN's feel differently (see: OBGYN's Denounce Bill). Excerpt:

Quote:
The bills would ban abortion after 20 weeks and impose other widespread restrictions that would close many of the state’s abortion clinics, decrease the number of doctors who meet the additional requirements for providing outpatient abortions, and decrease access to essential women’s health care. For example, the bills would require physicians who perform abortions to have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles, allowing abortions only in surgical clinics and setting a higher standard than for other procedures with similar low risk such as colonoscopy. The fact is that abortion is one of the safest medical procedures. The risk of complications from abortion is minimal, with less than 0.5% of abortions involving major complications.

Wendy's Wasted Voice directly addresses the response to reaction without reading the Bill. There was a similar brouhaha here in Virginia last year. Much of the verbiage in the H.B. 2 Bill seems to be in direct response to the Shotty care provided by Gosnell in PA.

Quote:
What about this time? No? Oh, he's concerned about the lives of fetuses. Women with pre-eclampsia, ectopic pregnancies, Mirror Syndrome, hydatidiform moles, etc. be damned. Their lives can go suck it.

Text from the Bill H.B. 2 :

Quote:
An act is
not an abortion if the act is done with the intent to:
(A)save the life or preserve the health of an
unborn child;
(B)remove a dead, unborn child whose death was
caused by spontaneous abortion;
(C)remove an ectopic pregnancy; or
(D)treat a maternal disease or illness for which
a prescribed drug, medicine, or other substance is indicated.

A similar Bill passed here in Virginia and a lot of Women were tripping, getting their info from the Media vs. just sitting down to read the Bill. The majority of the Legislation that passed stepped up care of Women, and addressed the funding to State funded clinics that performed Abortions. It didn't shut down any Abortion clinics here, it just stepped up the standard for new Clinics. All of it was to the direct benefit of a Woman seeking an Abortion, but the Media spun it as some form of moral policing of Abortion procedures.

Quote:
On and after September 1, 2014, the
minimum standards for an abortion facility must be equivalent to
the minimum standards adopted under Section 243.010 for ambulatory surgical centers.

This section is what people believe will shut-down clinics and limit accessibility, the same outcry occurred here in Virginia in response to safety-protocols added to the VA Bill. All it really did was put Clinics on their toes to prevent women from dying from a simple Abortion procedure without complications (as in the case of the Gosnell case).

As for the late-term Abortion, with testimony from OBGYN's (the fetus 'feeling pain'), it gives people personal feelings of horror to think of terminating a fetus at 5 months gestation.

I had my son premature at roughly 7.5 months, I kept going into premature labor at 6. During exams he kept scooting away from the Ultra-sound and I was told that the fetus reacts to the sound 'in pain'.

Seems to be the kicker for this Bill. Most advocates just can't accept a termination at 5 months gestation if there is no medical reason to do so.

Quote:
Leavitt v. Jane L., 518 U.S. 137 (1996), in
which in the context of determining the severability of a state
statute regulating abortion the United States Supreme Court held
that an explicit statement of legislative intent is controlling, it
is the intent of the legislature that every provision, section,
subsection, sentence, clause, phrase, or word in this Act, and
every application of the provisions in this Act, are severable from
each other.

See: Inside Story, a candid discussion of the Bill.

Edited by SIN3 (07/06/13 07:25 AM)

#84048 - 01/17/14 12:35 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: SIN3]
DJHezron Offline
Banned Troll
pledge

I say extend abortion parents might decide children of the age of 3 or 4 are too much to handle in which case they should legally be able to execute them, this would pertain to anyone up to the age of 25 in parental care, I know there's some people living in their mother's basement past the age of 18 so they should be within the remit of my magic new law also.

Edited by DJHezron (01/17/14 12:36 PM)

#84053 - 01/17/14 12:58 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: DJHezron]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: DJHezron
I say extend abortion parents might decide children of the age of 3 or 4 are too much to handle in which case they should legally be able to execute them, this would pertain to anyone up to the age of 25 in parental care, I know there's some people living in their mother's basement past the age of 18 so they should be within the remit of my magic new law also.

I see you're quite eager to cull more than half of the Satanic e-community. Nice going there..

I'm not opposed to abortion. If you want one, get one. There's plenty of situations I can come up with where an understanding can be given to the parent(s). However, there's also a thing called "ownership" which comes with a list of duties. Despite whatever reason there is to "keep the child", I expect the parent(s) to be able to nurture it to good health and let it grow up to be a decent human with a sense of justice, morality and opportunities. Failing to do so only creates additional burdens which deserve an auto-kill.

I do not really value unborn life. But there are parental duties starting well before birth which should be held into account by the parents themselves.

#84056 - 01/17/14 01:03 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: Dimitri]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
there's also a thing called "ownership" which comes with a list of duties.

What are your thoughts with regard to ownership and our own bodies? Female issues/Abortion aside, if something is inside of your body, does it belong to you? Are you responsible for it?

Should it then carry a list of duties in spite of your own capabilities?

#84059 - 01/17/14 01:10 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: SIN3]
DJHezron Offline
Banned Troll
pledge

Originally Posted By: SIN3
 Quote:
there's also a thing called "ownership" which comes with a list of duties.

What are your thoughts with regard to ownership and our own bodies? Female issues/Abortion aside, if something is inside of your body,

Should it then carry a list of duties in spite of your own capabilities?

If something lives in your house does it belong to you? Are you responsible for it? yes! there for children who belong to parents should be under their jurisdiction to the death!

#84060 - 01/17/14 01:22 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: DJHezron]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Right, so if you decide you're incapable of caring for them, you should have a right to remove it from your body, if it belongs to you (regardless of stage of development).

#84409 - 01/23/14 04:16 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: William Wright]
CalvertBrown7 Offline

Loc: United States
I Think people should have the freedom to choose if they want an abortion or not, but I don't support it, and would never have one done myself if I were a woman. Why the hell not just put the kid up for adoption if you cant take care of it?

#84446 - 01/24/14 07:00 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: CalvertBrown7]
Naama Offline

Loc: NewYork
If you have (made)alive human being (kid) talking, and walking, and breathing on Earth - it gives you power, it's your blood. Like a servitor. He (or she) performs you wish by simply functioning and carrying your genes.

Some of the people are so foolish for not realizing it. They think they gonna have "less money - if more kids". What a mechanical thinking, full of stereotypes...

Think you look good and healthy - clone yourself. Do not buy a social propaganda...

Edited by Naama (01/24/14 07:01 PM)

#84448 - 01/24/14 07:15 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: Naama]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
I don't think Satanism and abortion have much to do with one another.

I think getting religion and philosophy mixed up into the abortion issue is doing little but to muddy the waters.

Sure, we can find loose correlations, even the C/S has an official stance on abortion, but I find this as unnecessary as asking how Satanism and euthanasia jibe.

'may as well be asking what are "satanic alcoholic drinks"?

If you want my opinion (and opinions are like assholes) - what's the difference between having an abortion and carrying it to term save that it is only hastening the inevitable.

One way or another that kid will die - and either which way - it effects me like not one iota.

If you don't approve of abortions, don't have one.

If you want to have one and we have the technology to provide one safely - go for it.

In that grey area where the husband wants to keep it and the wife does not... the wife's will trumps the husband's - sorry charlie.

I mean what's the message "don't have abortions; (a hyuck) life is sacred"?

*meanwhile to shove that kid out into a world of cigarettes in gas stations, liquor stores, tantalizing drugs, mindless entertainment, artery clogging McDonald's (perhaps a happy meal), unilateral actions against sovereign nations, crushing student loan debt, soul crushing occupations, vanishing pensions, only to be forgotten about in some geriatric ward staring vacantly out a window stinking of your own excrement - once a man, twice a baby? ... yeah... life is "real" sacred.

All roads lead to Rome. Abortion does not phase me in the least. Anti-abortion sentiments, on the other hand, are flatly absurd.

Edited by antikarmatomic (01/24/14 07:17 PM)

#85048 - 02/16/14 05:16 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: antikarmatomic]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
Lol, antikarmatonic quite a pleasant view of life you have there. There's a lot of positives to life as well, I would definitely say it is worth living.

As for me, If abortion is legal, that's fine by me. If abortion is made illegal, that is also fine. I can see both sides of the argument. I guess it boils down to two things, one is if you consider an unborn child a life or not, and the other is if you even care about the taking of a life.

If you don't care about the latter, the decision is easy, and if you do care it becomes all about what constitutes life in your eyes.

I will say this however, if you do in fact believe an unborn child to be a life, and do believe a child has the right to life, it would make perfect sense to believe a mother does not have the right to choose based on her own beliefs. By your own ideology, in that case you would believe the fetus has the right to live regardless of the mother's views.

Thus, I take no issue with the pro life view point, despite me not having any personal objection to abortion.

Edited by 334forwardspin (02/16/14 05:17 AM)

#85053 - 02/16/14 09:41 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: 334forwardspin]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
 Quote:
Lol, antikarmatonic quite a pleasant view of life you have there.

heh, ain't it? \:D

I tend to think that so long as the fetus is dependent on the mother for nutrients and whatnot then it is basically like a kidney - she can remove it if so desired. In fact it's even less important than a kidney.

The pro-life point of view is basically telling the mother "you *have* to have this baby" - which is not all that different than the man telling you which type of surgery you should have.

I have arbitrarily decided that life begins at birth, because it just plain makes sense. 'til you're on the outside, breathing air on your own you're basically an organ.

Sure, it *could've* been a life, but I also *could've* robbed a bank - arrest me for that?

Besides, there's only two certainties in life - death and taxes.

Somehow I suspect where the two conflict is really what is driving this debate.

#85056 - 02/16/14 10:04 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: antikarmatomic]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
I don't think Satanism and abortion have much to do with one another.

That depends. If one were to define abortion 'as' Satanism, you could make that argument. However, it can get a bit more complicated when dealing with the deed.

I've run into my fair-share of Pro-Life Satanists, that make the argument that they oppose it because it exterminates a life as they see it. Not that life is holy or sacred but that the person who made it is shirking a responsibility to that life as well as their actions that caused it to be made in the first place. I.e. being irresponsible with contraception.

The counter to that, is that taking up the responsibility may be carrying out an abortion. That if one doesn't consider life holy or sacred, then removal of the material that can produce a life only makes logical sense if one doesn't want to be anchored to a kid.

Another aspect of that is using abortion as birth-control. If a person is autonomous over their own bodies, then having this procedure regularly is their prerogative. Acting as adversary to the thing in their body can be a Satan-ic act.

Whether you consider Satanism a philosophy, religion, a method, etc. makes no difference. In any case, it's an approach to abortion from that vantage point.

Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.07 seconds of which 0.039 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.