Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#90356 - 07/01/14 12:19 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: SIN3]
theharkonnen Offline

That's interesting. I never knew there were herbal remedies for pregnancy.

I guess that means being pregnant is like having a disease to some women and treatment is the same.

Still, better than a hangar.

#90357 - 07/01/14 12:23 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: theharkonnen]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
See: List

Pennyroyal is favored to be the most effective with the least amount of pain afterwards.

There's also plenty of pharmaceutical drugs that carry warnings for pregnant women. Those warnings are often 'helpful'.

#90358 - 07/01/14 12:28 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: SIN3]
theharkonnen Offline

Thanks.

Never know when you might need it.

#90383 - 07/01/14 07:10 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: theharkonnen]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
The rebuttal argument would probably be something along the lines of a personal responsibility one, that the women would have chosen to use the unsafe method and the suffering would therefore be her own fault.

You have to see it through the eyes of someone who is strongly anti abortion if you want to understand why they reject the pro choice arguments. From their perspective, most of them would make no sense.

Someone who has a strong moral objection to abortion would reject that argument very much. Through their eyes, it would probably read something like 'if you can get around the law to do x 'wrong' thing, it should be made easier for you to do it'. They would probably think more along the lines of 'if they're going to do it, it's better they at least suffer in the process as punishment'.

If I have a problem with someone doing something, that's how I'd see it. Abortion isn't something I have a problem with, but it's very easy to see why someone who does object to it would reject that argument.

Edited by 334forwardspin (07/01/14 07:10 PM)

#90400 - 07/02/14 09:51 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: 334forwardspin]
theharkonnen Offline

Ironic. If they are are using the moral argument, that the person deserves to suffer, they are passing judgment on the person. I thought only God could do that?

Also, such a notion seems evil. So, on one hand, they pretend to be all-good, while supporting such notions.

I'm starting to think the devil is the "good" guy these days.

#90432 - 07/02/14 07:30 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: theharkonnen]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
Even Christians have a desire for vengeance, people just are that way. Although, it wouldn't just be a vengeance thing, it would also be personal responsibility. They may say that abortions should never be done, and that if the woman does an unsafe abortion she brought the suffering on herself, and that the way to avoid the risk is to not get an abortion.

They also may see it as a 'lesser of two evils', in that what they believe to be a child being killed is worse. Either way, they're not going to be sold by the argument that because a woman would find a way to do it regardless, that it should be made easier for her.

If someone wants to convince a pro lifer to be pro choice, the 'rights' arguments are about the worst way to go there is. They believe that the child's right to live usurps any right to choose, because the child is it's own life. They will not see any arguments that relate to women's rights, it just won't work. The way to go would be to try and provide evidence that a fetus is not a life yet. Until they believe a fetus is in fact not a life, they will object to abortion. That's more of the 'scientific' aspect of the matter, what exactly constitutes a life.

The rest, is pretty much just a moral argument. The argument that they should care if the woman suffers in an unsafe abortion is a moral one as well, and morality is subjective.

I have my own 'moral' views, it seems you also do and perspectives will be influenced by those. However, if you wonder 'how can they not see it?'...well, the answer lies in the fact that morality is all about perspective. They look at it in a different light, and will thus likely not see your moral argument.

#90469 - 07/04/14 09:20 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: theharkonnen]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: theharkonnen
Ironic. If they are are using the moral argument, that the person deserves to suffer, they are passing judgment on the person. I thought only God could do that?

Also, such a notion seems evil. So, on one hand, they pretend to be all-good, while supporting such notions.

I'm starting to think the devil is the "good" guy these days.

It really depends on the sort of 'Christian' you're dealing with.

If you ask: "What about John 8:7?" and they look at you like a deer in the headlights, you know they're just parroting off stuff they've heard, been taught, and as a caveat what they personally believe to be true.

I don't think anyone pretends to be 'all good' really, most of the time they forget themselves. I think when faced with a quandary, people just react and certainly make judgment calls. There's plenty of Pro-Choicers that get quite righteous and moralistic if say, women use abortion as birth-control. Get an abortion more than once, well people want you to be ashamed of yourself. Or, there's people that believe that abortion should only be used in extreme cases where the mother's life is at stake. There's really no difference.

#113249 - 06/19/17 12:26 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: PoisonDrinkMe]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

The Satanic Temple & Abortion

Quote:
Amidst rising violence and an onslaught of clinic closures, the Satanic Temple is fighting to protect women's right to safe and legal abortion. We followed Satanic activists from across the country to find why.
Source: Broadly

Read the comments section. Amusing.

The TST is the weirdest thing ever.

#113250 - 06/19/17 02:55 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: SIN3]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Lol

The leftastic temple at it again.

#113251 - 06/19/17 04:07 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: Dan_Dread]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Thing reads like your average Democrap site.

Quote:
The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people. In addition, we embrace practical common sense and justice.

When has Satan ever been Just? ;\)

#113253 - 06/19/17 07:11 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
 Quote:
The TST is the weirdest thing ever.

I stopped following them a long time ago. It's just boring. But I also realize they can annoy the hell out of your average Christian, especially of dumbass Pentecostal type. If getting on someone's nerves is their mission, then their goal has been accomplished. Otherwise, (that means if they really believe in what they preach) they are merely social justice warriors.

#115420 - 12/23/17 05:22 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: PoisonDrinkMe]
MollyJ Offline
stranger

Loc: TX
I feel that your argument is basically pointless for this reason and this reason only:

Third trimester abortions are unbelievably rare.

If you agree that abortions should be legal when the "thing" to be aborted is a zygote or embryo, then you're fine. If this extends to "if it can feel pain," then you're still good on that front. Third trimester abortions almost always occur when there is no other option; ie: the pregnant woman's life is in danger.

I have never heard of a woman able to walk into a doctor's office in the third trimester, say "I change my mind," and be given the option to abort. Ever.

#115430 - 12/24/17 04:07 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: SIN3]
Ubermensch23 Offline

Loc: Pretoria, South Africa
How can a nonexistent being be just or unjust?

#116338 - 05/27/18 09:59 AM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: PoisonDrinkMe]
Dark One Offline
pledge

According to one book I've read Satanists have sacred genetic material and so it is not permissible to the abort the fetus if one of the parents carries the Satanic gene. I think that's nonsense myself but Satanism does as a rule regard flesh and life as sacred so there is a strong case for pro-life/anti-abortion stance. Personally I would see abortion as a last resort if the physical or psychological health of the mother is at risk, for instance if there is serious deformity or the woman was raped. Otherwise having the baby and giving it up for adoption is the way to go, it is physical and psychologically traumatic but then so is having an abortion carried out.

Teaching teenage girls about contraception is a lot better though so avoiding unwanted pregnancies to begin with. You would think it would be straight forward enough.

#116343 - 05/27/18 11:52 PM Re: Satanists and Abortion [Re: Dark One]
Kori Houghton Offline

Loc: East Coast USA
 Originally Posted By: Dark One
According to one book I've read Satanists have sacred genetic material...

What's the book and who wrote it?

Originally Posted By: Dark One
...and so it is not permissible to the abort the fetus if one of the parents carries the Satanic gene.

That says nothing about whether the fetus has "the Satanic gene", right?

Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.