Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#7612 - 04/13/08 01:36 PM fear
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
I recently heard explosions about 30 minutes ago (turned out to be EOD doing routine disposal) but thought it was mortar fire. which got me thinking about fear. I will be the first to admit that I fear things, I was wondering what causes us to "feel" fear. I know that it's a psycological reaction to events current or past, but there's just gotta be something more to it then just that. I was also wondering what you all most fear if you don't mind sharing. mine is incompotence and currently getting someone killed because of that incompotence.

#7620 - 04/13/08 03:03 PM Re: fear [Re: Ringmaster]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: ringmaster
I recently heard explosions about 30 minutes ago (turned out to be EOD doing routine disposal) but thought it was mortar fire. which got me thinking about fear. I will be the first to admit that I fear things, I was wondering what causes us to "feel" fear. I know that it's a psycological reaction to events current or past, but there's just gotta be something more to it then just that. I was also wondering what you all most fear if you don't mind sharing. mine is incompotence and currently getting someone killed because of that incompotence.

Maybe fear is this instinctive survival mechanism. We fear things that we believe will harm us in some way. I wonder how some soldiers and gangbangers make themselves fearless?

I was watching an emotionally provoking documentary on child soldiers used by war lords in some african countries. The documentary was very graffic; but the war lords give these boys, some as young as 7 years of age drugs, and tell them mythical lies that these drugs or some magical amulet will make them bullet proof. Then you see these little boys running around the city with automatic rifles killing civilians and each other.

I'm afraid of hieghts; of the pool and the ocean, and the dark. I'm afraid of creepy bug and animals that just looks horrid, like worms and parasites. I used to be scared of clowns when I was little; but now they're just freaky. I'm afraid to go past 100 miles an hour on my car.I'm afraid of big dogs. Lastly, I'm afraid of getting my heart broken after I fall deeply in love with someone.

Kayla

~~352~~

#7633 - 04/13/08 05:24 PM Re: fear [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Simon Offline
pledge

Yes, everybody fears something. It is, as you say, most likely to be an form of natural self defense mechanism. But many times fear is meaningless. There is no point to be scared by things like getting your heart broken. Yes, it will hurt there and then. But it will only make you stronger.

Many are scared of the unknown, but when you are used to it, it suddenly aren't scary anymore. I used to be scared of pretty women. (don't laugh) Because I had seen to much movies were thoose who were pretty always were mean. It is idiotic, I know. But the only way to cure fear, is to face it. Show yourself that it isn't that dangerous.

Edited by Simon (04/13/08 05:26 PM)

#7634 - 04/13/08 05:30 PM Re: fear [Re: Simon]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

you made me think there. I know fear is natural, a part of our human makeup; but this natural feeling can be overwritten... its like a default myspace layout? You can alter it to your liking. Compassion probbably works the same way. So you were scared of pretty girls? I here girls in Norway and Sweden are hot.

Kayla

~~352~~

#7637 - 04/13/08 05:48 PM Re: fear [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Simon Offline
pledge

Most of them yes, so you see, I had quite a problem. The problem about Norway, is that the only sataist in Norway are of the type that burns churces and so on.

Fear can be overcome, just like any other problem.^^

#7638 - 04/13/08 05:54 PM Re: fear [Re: Simon]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: Simon
Most of them yes, so you see, I had quite a problem. The problem about Norway, is that the only sataist in Norway are of the type that burns churces and so on.

Fear can be overcome, just like any other problem.^^
Well, in that case, me Chloe, and Frank are moving to Norway. Frank has a camera, and he's not afraid to use it. You can show us around.

In my opinion, those are the best type of satanist. They are morons, but they get things done... their actions could be funneled to more productive ends - you understand little brother?

K

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/13/08 05:55 PM)

~~352~~

#7640 - 04/13/08 05:57 PM Re: fear [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Simon Offline
pledge

Kinda, though they are stupid. Their way is more effective when it comes to concrete results. That is, if they do it right.

Edited by Simon (04/13/08 05:58 PM)

#7641 - 04/13/08 06:10 PM Re: fear [Re: Simon]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Kinda, though they are stupid. Their way is more effective when it comes to concrete results. That is, if they do it right.
Yes indeed. Their stupid, and gullible, and their actions are aimless. Like a river that just naturally flows. after a while the river corrodes the land; but if you harness that same energy, and build a damn, that same river produces positive results. They just need a blueprint to work with, and a goal to work towards. There's more value in Satanists like these, than the one that sit on there ass.

K

~~352~~

#7643 - 04/13/08 06:21 PM Re: fear [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Simon Offline
pledge

One question Kayla, what is your opinion on handicaped? And if there is discovered that the baby is handicaped during pregnancy, should the parents kill it?

#7647 - 04/13/08 06:30 PM Re: fear [Re: Simon]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

One question Kayla, what is your opinion on handicaped? And if there is discovered that the baby is handicaped during pregnancy, should the parents kill it?
That's a very good question Simon. The answer depends on the parents. If they have the heart, compassion, and money to spend the rest of their lives taking care of the handicapped child for its entire life, then they should by all means keep it.

I don't believe any laws or the opinions of a few thinkers should force anyone to do or live their lives in anyway. This includes abortion and stuff.

Personally; ME, Myself, and I; I believe in euthanasia. The handicapped offspring is a genetic mutant, and worthless. I would kill it. I don't want to cry or experience heart ache over how it will be in life. I believe genetic degenerates should all be euthanized or sterilized. But that's just me. If I had the baby it would mean there was something wrong with my genes. I would sterilize myself, and adopt a healthy baby in this case.

Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/13/08 06:31 PM)

~~352~~

#7672 - 04/14/08 03:11 AM Re: fear [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
I assume that you don't have any children. I'd like to share something, not being argumentative here.

My son was born back in January 2005. My wife's hormones were pretty much out of wack (I apologize if any women are offended by this statement - it's the only way that I could describe it) and she was yelling at everyone in the days leading up to the birth (her mom, the hospital staff, me). On the night of my son's birth, I selfishly thought to myself: "This miracle of birth stuff is vastly overrated. I can't wait until my son's bigger so that we can play baseball". I was pretty much feeling down at that point, apologizing to the staff for my wife's yelling (which they took in stride because they've seen it all before). Then my son came and I looked into his beautiful face and cried. I knew right then and there that I've never loved anyone as much as him and still do.

Around December of 2006, my wife noticed that my son was slow in reaching his milestone moments (a baby's firsts) although he was walking. I refused to believe that anything was wrong, telling my wife that boys are usually later bloomers than girls and that he would be just fine. To make a long story short, my son was diagnosed with Autism (which has been the topic of discussion in a few threads).

Needless to say, I am experiencing a lot of heartache. But I love my son and would never think of changing a thing.

When you look into your own child's eyes for the first time, everything changes, and so will you...

Edited by Sinistar (04/14/08 03:11 AM)

#7673 - 04/14/08 03:16 AM Re: fear [Re: Ringmaster]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
As far as the topic of the thread goes, my biggest fear is if my son will be able to take care of himself after I'm gone...

I had the same fears as you when I was in Iraq but became indifferent towards them because as crazy as it might sound, sniper fire, IED's and mortars became business as usual.

Stay safe out there and I hope to hear from you often, Ringmaster.

#7677 - 04/14/08 04:04 AM Re: fear [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Simon Offline
pledge

I would kill it, men have been weakened by bad geens for a long time, and it has only made the human race weaker. The new tecnologies have made it possible for weak people to survive. People that couldn't have made it before, are always making it now. This means that the bad genes it now washed away bu nature. But is mixed in with the good genes. So good genes and bad genes have an equal chance of survival. This weakens men everywhere. I myself, believe this is something people should think about.

#7687 - 04/14/08 07:00 AM Re: fear [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Fortunately it's not necessarily you, if you had a handicapped child so don't go cutting your wires. It might just be by chance that something wen't wrong. Or maby the man just has rotten sperm.
#7700 - 04/14/08 01:30 PM Re: fear [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
[quote=LUCIFERIFIC I wonder how some soldiers and gangbangers make themselves fearless?

Kayla [/quote]

kayla nobody in iraq is fearless. I say this not out of ignorance but from most my conversations with peole that have been deployed many times they still fear the inevitible when shit hits the fan. I saw the looks on people's faces when the first explosion happened and it was of shock and fear (most of the people i was around were higher ranks to). We don't become fearless just apathetic, and learn to controll that fear because the thing all soldier's in combat fear most is losing a battle buddy because of the events around them, that's why we like to think we are good at our jobs the "them before me and my friends" mentality. most of us don't even think about our families when we on mission we think about the person to our left and right.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.