Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#76318 - 05/12/13 04:25 PM _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino
Michael A.Aquino Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Earlier this year I decided to do an "expansion" of my 1980 "From PSYOP to MindWar" paper that has continued to cause such a fuss in tinfoil-hat Internet circles ever since [just Google "Aquino MindWar" and see. ]

The result has now been published as MindWar, and is currently available in paperback here and in electronic Kindle version on Amazon here.

For some strange reason when I authorized the Kindle edition on Amazon, the paperback option disappeared from this "regular" Amazon page, but I am contacting them to see about getting it back. Possibly I checked a wrong box somewhere.

[On Ignore: Dan_Dread, 6Satan6Archist6, Caladrius, MindFux, SIN3]

#76322 - 05/13/13 12:47 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
What would say the key additions have been? Have you been tracking the work the govt has been doing in Afghanistan and Iraq over the last 12 years? Did you look at the Army's new Information Operations doctrine or COIN strategy? Things have come a long way since VN, although the fundamentals will always remain the same.

#76332 - 05/13/13 07:19 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Fist]
evilboy666 Offline
pledge

Loc: Texas
Correct me if I am wrong,but I've hear if you love Satanism,you should join the CIA ? Both you gentlemen above me have been involved with the govt. Am I right ?
#76333 - 05/13/13 11:40 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Fist]
Michael A.Aquino Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
What would say the key additions have been?

MW has almost nothing in common with old-style special ops.

Quote:
Have you been tracking the work the govt has been doing in Afghanistan and Iraq over the last 12 years?

Yes, a failure and disaster in both cases.

Quote:
Did you look at the Army's new Information Operations doctrine or COIN strategy? Things have come a long way since VN, although the fundamentals will always remain the same.

IO is the stock in trade of the new Electronic Warfare Branch, which is essentially playing in the same sandbox as NSA. The FMs are still screwed up, with overlap into MISO, so there are presently ongoing turf hissyfits. MW is once again in a completely different realm in which EWB is needed only to keep transmission media available and clear.

COIN is just the same old counterinsurgency band-aid on the symptoms. MW cures the disease.

Incidentally the printed MW is now in the main area of Amazon here, but the Kindle version is still separate here. They are somewhere in the process of being merged.

#76334 - 05/13/13 11:44 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: evilboy666]
Michael A.Aquino Offline

Originally Posted By: evilboy666
Correct me if I am wrong,but I've hear if you love satanism,you should join the CIA ?

Not necessarily. There is no special correlation.

Quote:
Both you gentlemen above me have been involved with the govt. Am I right ?

In my case see the author description on one of the Amazon MindWar pages linked above.

#76342 - 05/14/13 12:48 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

I agree with your assessment on all counts. I currently work near Ft. Meade and have been at the pointy end of our current "persistent conflict" since about 2002. Things have not gone well largely because (as you correctly identify) we have the wrong thought process and thus the wrong strategy. Again, you are correct that everyone is trying to show how relevant they are. Pissing contests and petty 'me tooism' abounds. You might find this article of some interest:

http://www.soc.mil/swcs/SWmag/archive/SW2401/SW2401TheFutureOfMISO.html

Currently I am reading your latest revision of Black Magic. I will have to dig into MW next. I think I may buy a few copies and hand them out to some people I know. With any luck it may apply some subtle influence to the IO community (in all of it's various forms).

#76345 - 05/14/13 03:14 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Fist]
Michael A.Aquino Offline

You might find this article of some interest:

This is exactly why MISO is both ineffective and obsolete. Which is why it needs replacement by MW. \:\)

Quote:
Currently I am reading your latest revision of Black Magic. I will have to dig into MW next. I think I may buy a few copies and hand them out to some people I know. With any luck it may apply some subtle influence to the IO community (in all of it's various forms).

You should have some fun watching the fur fly. I have a feeling that MW is going to cause more than a bit of commotion. During my research/writing process I sent drafts around to several sages, both governmental and otherwise, for critique. Responses ranged from "genius" to "WTF". ;\)

#76354 - 05/15/13 08:15 AM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino

The result has now been published as MindWar, and is currently available in paperback here and in electronic Kindle version on Amazon here.

I noticed there the mention of a second volume. Any chance you could give us a taste of what that will entail?

#76358 - 05/15/13 11:42 AM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Fist]
Michael A.Aquino Offline

I noticed there the mention of a second volume. Any chance you could give us a taste of what that will entail?

As noted, that would be a detailed discussion of the unit and HQ redesigns in the SO community, along with campaign procedures. Probably much duller for the ordinary reader than the conceptual Volume 1, but needed if the Army actually decided to give MW a test drive. \:\)

#76360 - 05/15/13 12:04 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Le Deluge Offline

@Dr. Aquino: What has been your experience with printing books in general? MW will definitely make this layman's shelf. I may also get a copy for my old man (Navy in Vietnam). I do wish more material remained in print. My queries have had mixed results.

To Dr. A and Fist: Iran? What course of action neutralizes the problem? I feel we've FUBAR the Middle East in a way that makes the Post-WWI mandates seem benign.

#76361 - 05/15/13 12:33 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Le Deluge]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Le Deluge

To Dr. A and Fist: Iran? What course of action neutralizes the problem? I feel we've FUBAR the Middle East in a way that makes the Post-WWI mandates seem benign.

Well, it seems that you are asking two questions - one about Iran and the other about Middle East in general.

I would offer the following in general:

Do less. I am of the Ron Paul school on this.

Let these various wars play out until their is a clear victor. Wars end decisively around a table with terms of surrender. Otherwise, you are setting the conditions for the next war.

Let Israel handle their business as they see fit. Why should they expend their blood and treasure when we seem all too happy to do it for them? If they feel the need to attack Iran then that is between them and Iran.

Let the Middle East revert back to it's natural, historic, tribal lines - not the lines drawn by Colonial Europe.

Support Kurdish independence in Iraq. The traditional Kurdish lands hold 1/3rd of Iraq's oil reserves. The Kurds are decidedly less crazy than other Muslims and they do not play that fundamentalist shit. Today they are working a deal to run a pipeline directly into Turkey.

Vastly increase our drone program. Most of our military operations can and should be done by 'shock and awe' alone. What cannot be done by drones can be done largely by SOF (Special Operations Forces) and naval power. Massive land invasions should not be a part of our national strategy.

#76362 - 05/15/13 12:43 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Fist]
Le Deluge Offline

My question was indeed overbroad. I agree with a lot of your assessment. Specifically regarding Iran: I would be all for Israel taking out all their nuclear capabilities. However, does there not also come a point when the "threat" will extend beyond Iran's named enemy? That would be my specific observation on Iran. Obama refers to some ephemeral "red line". It is beginning to remind me of Qadhafi with his "lines in the sand".

#76368 - 05/15/13 05:33 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Fist]
Michael A.Aquino Offline

Originally Posted By: Le Deluge

Well, it seems that you are asking two questions - one about Iran and the other about Middle East in general.

I would offer the following in general:

Do less. I am of the Ron Paul school on this.

Let these various wars play out until their is a clear victor. Wars end decisively around a table with terms of surrender. Otherwise, you are setting the conditions for the next war.

Let Israel handle their business as they see fit. Why should they expend their blood and treasure when we seem all too happy to do it for them? If they feel the need to attack Iran then that is between them and Iran.

Let the Middle East revert back to it's natural, historic, tribal lines - not the lines drawn by Colonial Europe.

Support Kurdish independence in Iraq. The traditional Kurdish lands hold 1/3rd of Iraq's oil reserves. The Kurds are decidedly less crazy than other Muslims and they do not play that fundamentalist shit. Today they are working a deal to run a pipeline directly into Turkey.

Vastly increase our drone program. Most of our military operations can and should be done by 'shock and awe' alone. What cannot be done by drones can be done largely by SOF (Special Operations Forces) and naval power. Massive land invasions should not be a part of our national strategy.

Note that these very sensible ideas are not a "MW solution", just a common-sense one. Which, for all sorts of tiresome reasons, is not going to happen.

MW starts with the assumption that war is endemic to humanity, then restructures it so that no one gets hurt and areas wind up better than they were before. I suppose it would be both easier and more fun just to have everyone take their clothes off and give them all nerf guns, but I suppose I have a predilection for complicating things. ;\)

#76369 - 05/15/13 06:24 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Le Deluge Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
Note that these very sensible ideas are not a "MW solution", just a common-sense one. Which, for all sorts of tiresome reasons, is not going to happen.

MW starts with the assumption that war is endemic to humanity, then restructures it so that no one gets hurt and areas wind up better than they were before. I suppose it would be both easier and more fun just to have everyone take their clothes off and give them all nerf guns, but I suppose I have a predilection for complicating things. ;\)

Yeah, I know it won't happen soon. Look forward to reading MW. I can't say as I can argue with your premise. I can line up photos of my relatives in uniform from the Tsar's Army to the USS Carpenter. Ideals fail me in this regard.

I do wish they'd simply: Bring The Boys Back Home!

#76642 - 05/25/13 11:23 PM Re: _MindWar_ by Michael Aquino [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
dust-e sheytoon Offline

Loc: NYC
 Quote:
Have you been tracking the work the govt has been doing in Afghanistan and Iraq over the last 12 years?

Yes, a failure and disaster in both cases.
[/quote]

It's things like this that fascinate me so much. Dr. Aquino has a very dangerous reputation on the internet, yet here he's complaining about the costs of war--in all terms, human life, economic and so on, if you go by that website. I could take this as a MindWar comment in and of itself if not for the fact that Dr. Aquino has also shown concern about Post-Fukushima nuclear-contaminated fish, and has mentioned the fact that mushrooms absorb radiation at a faster rate than some other plants. There does seem to be an element of kindness and concern that Dr. Aquino shows sometimes that does not seem to go together with his infamous reputation.

Back to Iraq and Afghanistan, there is so much money to be made off oil in Iraq, and minerals and agriculture in Afghanistan, that somebody's losing money when they losen their grip. There's also lots of money to be made off slaves, looted artifacts and stolen gold—and selling weapons to people who will get busy killing each other, and money to be made off of rebuilding infrastructure and civilization after the shelling stops. So with the cash cows of "democratic" change and violent "terrorism"—isn't MindWar kind of a hard sell these days? Or is that for the long game, after people are worn down by the brutal killing in the streets?

Is the current tendency to arm Salafist jihadists basically going to get them killed off/purged by Assad/Russia/Hizbollah, leaving the more docile and civilized people remaining? And then the next phase will be to focus on MindWar to get the masses to do what you want, more like they already are in the US?

Is the goal to remove all free will from all but a tiny elite? Does free will even exist for them? Do you have free will?

These questions remind me of B.F.Skinner's statements regarding free will. But they are also remind me of a teenage Iranian Hip Hop producer I interviewed, who said:"I always had freedom of expression. When you really don't care about being arrested or dying--you always, wherever, whenever you are--you are free."

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading Dr. Aquino's new "MindWars" book.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  fakepropht, Nemesis, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Morgan, Mercury_Templar, Woland, Draculesti, Asmedious, Fist, Fnord 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.