Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7657 - 04/13/08 11:22 PM Infernal Habitations Help
saturntosol Offline
lurker

I'm writing a paper on a diagram called the Infernal Habitations, it a qabbalistic diagrams. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some resources that might describe these levels of materialism and hell. Here are a list of the seven lower hells shown in the diagram, that I am looking for more info on besides just the demons associated with it, specifically I am looking for the descriptions of these realms.

Sheol-Depths of the Earth or the Pit
Abaddon-Perdition
Titahion-Clay Of Death
Ber Shacheth-Pit Of Destruction
Tzelmoth-Shadow Of Death
Shaari Moth-Gates Of Death
Gehinnom-Hell

Thanks in advance for any help

SaturntoSol

#7671 - 04/14/08 02:57 AM Re: Infernal Habitations Help [Re: saturntosol]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
You need to look for Qliphothic works; Aleister Crowley, as well as his peers delved into it quite a bit, but I would also look into the more traditional Jewish texts.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#7738 - 04/15/08 12:56 AM Re: Infernal Habitations Help [Re: Mercury_Templar]
saturntosol Offline
lurker

I've been researching it for the past six months, its mind boggling the lack of information out there. The majority of what I have found has been in the Zohar. I'll check out the references however. Thanks.

SaturntoSol

#7743 - 04/15/08 07:34 AM Re: Infernal Habitations Help [Re: saturntosol]
Xutech Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
It's difficult to argue for any translation of the Zohar as it stands at the moment. not only would the translator simply translate, they would need to understand the cultural and stylistic meaning of an old text written in a very allegorical and poetic fashion.

There is an excellent article on the subject
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,993858,00.html?iid=chix-sphere

In regard to your paper there may well be no existant information on the subject that was not written within 30 years. Whether or not that information was written by a Judaic scholar would be another pertinent question.

You may need to use nonstandard methods to gain more information, which would make it difficult to reference and corroborate.

#9352 - 06/03/08 01:54 AM Re: Infernal Habitations Help [Re: Xutech]
saturntosol Offline
lurker

Your suggestions really helped. Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.