Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#7703 - 04/14/08 05:33 PM Of God(s) and Men
truthseeker2000 Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate SC
I'm almost ready to label myself as a Satanist. However, as I see things and as I read TSB, in order to identify myself as such I must first be willing to see myself as God. Perhaps this is where I am hitting a stumbling block and where others may help me.

It occurs to me that there are two general scenarios that could exist. The first is that all matter and energy that exists now just came into being by random chance, more or less. This is the atheistic possibility and in this case, I am indeed god in that I am the highest evolutionary form. I am a collection of "stuff" just like everything else in the universe but, unlike everything else, I am able to alter my environment in accordance with my will.

However, there is also the possibility that I am not the highest life form and that the universe was created through the will of some other life form to which I am, in some way, indebted for my very existence. This is the theistic possibility. Now, I find myself with no way, other than instinct and superstition, to determine which one is correct.

It seems to me that the the possibility that something higher than myself exists should, and does, give me just cause to pause and think before I declare myself the one master of my world. Perhaps this is just a fear based on my Christian upbringing but even so, how do I get around this or do I even have to? Are there any theistic satanists here who would like to answer the question? Thanks in advance for everyone's advice. You are all most helpful.

Edited by truthseeker2000 (04/14/08 05:35 PM)

Caligula WSA
~~352~~

#7720 - 04/14/08 09:25 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: truthseeker2000]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Hello. I've pondered on those things too once, until I figured it wasn't getting me anywhere? Like what spectacular metamorphosis is going to happen it we know the answer to these mysteries in life? You can spend your whole life trying to figure this stuff out, and when you find the answers - then what? You shrug your shoulders, say to yourself - hey I figured it out... the die of old age. Nothing should really matter; and you should try to keep things simple. Who cares where all this came from, or where its going... we're here, and we're only here for a short while. This God shit is a moot subject. Who cares? I'll tell you a dumb story someone told me once:

One day a corn seed falls to the ground. With no one to talk to or love it fell asleep and sank into the darkness of the ground and took root. It grew into a green plant, and many ears of corn came forth. Now each ear of corn had many seedlings.

One day these seedlings began to wonder where they had come from and who made them. Some believed the sun had made them because it too was yellow; some thought they had come from rocks and pebbles, because they looked similar; but none ever thought that their world they grew on had created them. So they went on their lives with their difference in beliefs until one day their world grew old and dry, and the green leaves turned brown.

All the corn seedlings began to worry over the coming doom of their dying world, believing that they would soon die. Nothing could save them, and the ears of corn fell to the ground and scattered the seedlings.

But each seedling was nurtured by nature. The sun still shone, and the rain still fell. And each seedling took root and began to transform. They grew into stalks, and gave forth leaves, and then had ears of corn on their own. Thats when the answer to their question was realized, that all they had to do was KNOW THEMSELVES, instead of looking in dead letters, old books, and statues...

The only reason that you are your own "God" is because if you take the time to KNOW YOURSELF, like some people devote their time trying to know "gods" and things outside themselves, you just might find the answers to the these mysteries - inside.

I guess you can see what you want to see in this story.

Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/14/08 09:30 PM)

~~352~~

#7752 - 04/15/08 10:09 AM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
truthseeker2000 Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate SC
I think you're right. If there is an all powerful God then it sure hasn't done anything in particular to make itself known. It seems more to hide itself in mystery. If it desired our worship then it could surely demand it or at least make some sign to each of us that it desired to be worshiped. Besides, all theistic religions are simply a collection of opinions from other people who have no more insight into the matter than I do. I've found them all to be full of lies and empty. This is rather a moot point when you think about it. Your story made a lot of sense.

Michael

Caligula WSA
~~352~~

#7922 - 04/18/08 07:26 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: truthseeker2000]
Boogs Offline
stranger

Loc: California North
As one ponders on the thought of being GOD, one must understand that of all creatures and forces YOU have ultimate control through your will to do so. I know if you understand yourself through much introspect you can come to the conclusion everything you touch (physical or mental) has been manipulated in some way by your will. Or the will of GOD (you)
Explaining the forces of nature as god's will is a layman way to understand the world. Control of those forces is You god himself

#7923 - 04/18/08 07:49 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
I know if you understand yourself through much introspect you can come to the conclusion everything you touch (physical or mental) has been manipulated in some way by your will.

I thought that knew myself very well, from years of introspect, study and such. However, the above quote does not make any sense to me what so ever. Could you be more specific as to what you mean?

#7926 - 04/18/08 08:02 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Asmedious]
Boogs Offline
stranger

You know yourself well then my friend and are fully aware of your capabilities and thus are manipulating your environment constantly to your liking. Man will ponder why, GOD creates the question. To know yourself is knowing your environment and the direct correlation between.

#7928 - 04/18/08 08:05 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: Boogs
You know yourself well then my friend and are fully aware of your capabilities and thus are manipulating your environment constantly to your liking. Man will ponder why, GOD creates the question. To know yourself is knowing your environment and the direct correlation between.

I thought we were in a Satanic forum? What "GOD" are you speaking about?

~~352~~

#7929 - 04/18/08 08:10 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Boogs Offline
stranger

referring to yourself as the highest power metaphorically speaking

#7930 - 04/18/08 08:18 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]

My confusion stems from your statement, that everything I (we) touch, is in some way manipulated by my (our) will.

If I touch an object, but do not move it, then in what way is it manipulated by my will? Also, if you do believe that it is manipulated, then how so, and in what way is merely touching it beneficial to me (us)?

For example, I lay my hands on a table, or a slab of gold, but do not move it, or I am not allowed to take it with me. How is my “will” manipulating it (aside from perhaps leaving dead skin cells and DNA on it), and how is this to my benefit?

#7932 - 04/18/08 08:23 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Man will ponder why, GOD creates the question.

Oh, well, then you make no sense to me, because it sounds like we're playing cosmic mind games with our own self. If God/Us makes the question, and Man/us ponders the answer; it seems slightly crazy.

~~352~~

#7933 - 04/18/08 08:37 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Asmedious]
Boogs Offline
stranger

Your takin things very literally. If I sneez and no one gets sick how has this impacted anything is what your saying. What im saying is being your own god, you can choose to push the button or cut down the tree, then weve all been affected. Dont focus on moving the table you cant take, its the presence that wouldnt have been had you not touched it. Maybe it made the world of difference you just dont know it. If I dont know I have aids and I touch the table a spot of blood from my cut is there you touch pick your nose and the gentlest touch became the greatest blow

#7934 - 04/18/08 08:43 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]
Boogs Offline
stranger

well my little Shaboing Boing then i guess I make about as much sense as your Polygamy rant sorry you cant understand. God is a metaphor. God is A powerful ruler or despot by dictionary definition has nothing to do with religion

#7936 - 04/18/08 09:03 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]

Quote:
Your takin things very literally.

Yes, you are right. I’m very simple. I express myself in as simple terms as I possibly can. I figure that way, most people will be able to understand what I am attempting to convey. If I feel that I have something of substance to say, it will be easily understood by just about everyone. If I don’t have anything of substance to say, but attempt to use “smoke and mirrors” to pretend as if I do, for whatever reason, then those who are truly “enlightened” will see through my weak attempts.

Quote:
Dont focus on moving the table you cant take, its the presence that wouldnt have been had you not touched it. Maybe it made the world of difference you just dont know it. If I dont know I have aids and I touch the table a spot of blood from my cut is there you touch pick your nose and the gentlest touch became the greatest blow

That scenario is very unlikely to happen. Again, in my simple mind, if I have a disease, and another person catches it, by accidently ingesting my diseased body fluids, then I don’t see myself as a God, but merely a man, who unfortunately passed on a terminal illness to another person.

On the other hand, if I was truly a god, then I could take the disease back at will, and make that person healthy again.

#7937 - 04/18/08 09:04 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

If I dont know I have aids and I touch the table a spot of blood from my cut is there you touch pick your nose and the gentlest touch became the greatest blow

Hepatitis yes aids no... There is evidence that transference of a full drop of liquid blood is needed to spread aids, yet hepatitis can be spread much easier...

I almost understand this enough to agree with what he is saying... I do not know if I agree with how he is getting there or the significance of some small changes but I agree... Everything we touch we change in some way... Just as you read these words I have changed you ever so slightly by you having done so...

Changing the world is very simple if you do not set your goals very high... As to the benefits for doing it that would depend on what you changed and the impact on others... Also how good and if you can market it…

Peace

~T~

#7938 - 04/18/08 09:13 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: ta2zz]

Quote:
Changing the world is very simple if you do not set your goals very high... As to the benefits for doing it that would depend on what you changed and the impact on others... Also how good and if you can market it…

I see that we can affect a certain space, and perhaps have a very limited affect on a persons brain by our actions and words. As you said, you did affect my brain software to some degree, because I read what you have written, and to do that, my brain would have to be engaged to a certain degree. Yet, I have to ask, “So what?” Those changes mean nothing. (No disrespect intended), but it really changes nothing of substance.

I read what you wrote, and I either agree, or disagree. Yes, there a perhaps minute changes in the universe from it, but it signifies nothing really.

Am I missing something?

I mean, if I cut down one tree in a forest. I did affect that tree quite severely. I have also perhaps created a space for more sunlight for another kind of shrub to grow, that would have otherwise not had the chance, without said light. But so what? One tree gone, one shrub grows in its place. This does not make me feel more powerful in anyway.

Edited by Asmedious (04/18/08 09:16 PM)
Edit Reason: wanted to add more shit.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.