Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#7939 - 04/18/08 09:14 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Asmedious]
Boogs Offline
stranger

Loc: California North

"enlightened" Very touchy subject well I guess ill have to tell my college professor what I mean then have him translate it into less abstract Thought. into something very simple.... And we can take back disease its called medication. Take back time that would be godly but there is not a god only ourselfs. And everything we do leaves a footprint in the world Is that simple?

#7940 - 04/18/08 09:23 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Asmedious]
Boogs Offline
stranger

thnx ta2zz for making things more clear....
asmedious have you ever cut down 150+ft. tree? It is a worldly experience. Maybe enough to make you feel like god, to move something so gargantuine that otherwise would have stood hundreds more years? Kinda like firing automatic weapons or making a woman scream with your toung just baffling unexplainable stuff till you try them....

#7941 - 04/18/08 09:25 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
And we can take back disease its called medication.

Ok, you have something there.

However, at this time, medication does not cure Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) which your hypothetical blood splatter caused in another person. It merely retards the HIV, which causes AIDS, and might give that person a few more years to live. Maybe enough time to be around for a cure.

Also, although you might be able to give the medication to the person, you have not created that medication, but instead scientists who worked years using their brain and real time, physical experiments created it. Hard work, dedication, trial and error. This makes THEM great human beings worthy of great praise, in my opinion, but they are still not gods, and WE cannot truly take credit for their achievements, except perhaps on a very small scale, if we donated something TANGIBLE such as funds to their research.

#7942 - 04/18/08 09:28 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: ta2zz]
Boogs Offline
stranger

ta2zz is very smart because no need for such simple explanation understanding of abstract thought shows "enlightenment" Asmedeous
I think ta2zz signature explains everything quite clearly though YOU MAY NOT THINK SO

#7943 - 04/18/08 09:30 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]

Quote:
asmedious have you ever cut down 150+ft. tree? It is a worldly experience. Maybe enough to make you feel like god, to move something so gargantuine that otherwise would have stood hundreds more years? Kinda like firing automatic weapons or making a woman scream with your toung just baffling unexplainable stuff till you try them....

lol, well, I must admit that I have never cut down a tree quite that big. Only a few hundred tiny ones, when I was a Land Surveyor many years ago.

The other stuff, yes.

However, all those things might as you say, “make us feel like a god,” but in no way does it make us gods. Again, we could not have fired those weapons without someone else first inventing them, using hard work and dedication. Human beings did that, not us. We simply used the tools that hard working PEOPLE created.

As for making a woman scream while giving her an orgasm......well hell, a feather duster might do exactly the same thing ;\)

#7944 - 04/18/08 09:36 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Asmedious]
Boogs Offline
stranger

I like you asmedious you have great speculation probly one hell of a surveyor too. My point is although Albert Einstein may have created the bomb it took someone just as capable to drop it.
And I dont think a feather duster could make as big a mess as that (even in herrrr pants) ;\) But yes your right without others inventions other things may not have been possible just as without people to make the things possible the inentions would be useless... many valid points all around very good discussion

#7946 - 04/18/08 09:43 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]

Quote:
I like you asmedious you have great speculation probly one hell of a surveyor too.

Thanks, feelings mutual. As for the "hell of a surveyor," well frankly I totally sucked at it. Something I fell into after high school, and just went along with it for a pay check.

Then I applied myself, worked hard, and became a nurse.
I hate that too, probably more then Surveying. \:\)

Quote:
My point is although Albert Einstein may have created the bomb it took someone just as capable to drop it.

Oh come on now, there are probably thousands if not more people who would be able to be trained to drop the Atomic bomb. Those people would very likely not come up with the invention themselves if given many life times to try.

To say that someone arming, deploying, and then dropping the INVENTION, is as capable or great as the person who actually invented it, is not too realistic.

#7948 - 04/18/08 10:02 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Asmedious]
Boogs Offline
stranger

Well specifically what I said was capable. And by that i mean capable of the destruction not that you have to be a nuclear physicist to drop the thing or a pilot could invent it. Or that good ol al would have the morality or balls to drop it or be able to fly a plane for that matter (requires finesse kinda like tying shoes) could he do that?lol anyways they are both equally qualified in my opinion. The pilot is just as guilty as he. Soory gotta run but you have a wonderful weekend sir

#7949 - 04/18/08 10:07 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]
Boogs Offline
stranger

and on another note although 1000 or so pilots could drop it u know as well as i that only the elite few GODS as id like to call them would be selected for such a mission. And now I think of it its funny were on this subject as im direct blood relation to the capt. of USS Indianapolis which carried parts for the bomb....Way off the subject though maybe he was just as capable too. Who am I to tell im not god I just believe i am my higher power or god as I have come to understand him. cheers

#7953 - 04/18/08 10:35 PM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Boogs]

Yes, well, that is a good point I believe, and an interesting one to ponder. Would Einstein have been able to fly and drop the bomb, if everyone solely relied on him to carry out the destruction of Nagasaki and Hiroshima all by himself, if complete and total trust was handed to him to carry out the entire event. Furthermore, would he have been able to physically build that bomb? Which would include making the metals, and mining all of the ingredients needed for it. The answer I believe would be a very definite no.

Just as one, or even a small group of scientists who invent the medications would unlikely have the ability to take a drug from “concept” all the way to distribution.

Perhaps, it takes many different types of people, with different skills and knowledge to create an event that might at the end of the line, make one individual feel “godlike,” and what it all boils down to, is that individually, and all by ourselves, we are just hairless monkeys with some great ideas.

#7955 - 04/19/08 12:20 AM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: Asmedious]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
Perhaps, it takes many different types of people, with different skills and knowledge to create an event that might at the end of the line, make one individual feel “godlike,” and what it all boils down to, is that individually, and all by ourselves, we are just hairless monkeys with some great ideas.

Isn't this in a way the 'collective unconscience'? That's pretty much what I CHOOSE to picture when I think of it.

I'm someone that doesn't believe in 'God' because I am an athiest, but I can beleive in it if I see it as us, those hairless monkeys, that are their own gods, but using the collective contributions of all those other little hairless monkeys and the world around them to have an effect on their own reality and will.

Lets face it, if you are happy in the world around you, happy with the existance around you, then aren't you your own God at that point?

You've navigated a 'vital existance' and everything around you has an effect on you. You in turn have an effect on everything around you. That's pretty Godlike if you think about it. It is to me anyway. I think every moment of life and every living thing does have a spark of the devine just for being alive, which however you look at it is pretty impressive.

In my humble opinion anyway..

Zeph

#8007 - 04/20/08 01:37 AM Re: Of God(s) and Men [Re: ZephyrGirl]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Link to discussion that is somewhat along the same lines in another thread.

Zeph

#31756 - 11/16/09 04:20 AM Re: Worshipping Yourself as (a) God [Re: truthseeker2000]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
hi truthseeker2000,
 Originally Posted By: truthseeker2000
...see myself as God.
seeing yourself as things is a variation on perceptions only, and requires simply the manipulation of your imagination. there are some who are convinced that this is all that is necessary to achieve what one imagines is possible based on increased potential due to the primacy of imagination in the cosmos. I am not one of these, i think that is simply delusion.
 Quote:
...all matter and energy that exists now just came into being by random chance, more or less.
I know of no evidence that anything ever 'just came into being' due to any cause or lack thereof. therefore i do not suppose any "possibilities" based on this lack of evidence.
 Quote:
...I am not the highest life form and that the universe was created through the will of some other life form to which I am, in some way, indebted for my very existence. This is the theistic possibility.
there is no reason to consider this a 'possibility' excepting the suspension of rational thought and the engagement of wild speculation without foundation. once one imagines 'possibilities' due to imagination (rather than actual likelihoods, or explanations founded on something observed and realistic), then anything "is possible" (enter delusion).
 Quote:
...the possibility that something higher than myself exists should, and does, give me just cause to pause and think before I declare myself the one master of my world.
you can declare yourself to be the King of Bunkadoo, but whatever your imagined relation to the rest of the cosmos, this imagining by itself won't change your actual socio-economic status, your physical location in space, your birthed origin as a mammal of relative intelligence, or your finite duration alive as that organism. it takes real work to change the first 2 of those things, possibly assisted by the tool of magic. changing the latter 2 outside of the imagination, as by somehow making yourself originate from a cloud or an alien intelligence without a belly button, or by suspending your limitations as a human being and becoming "immortal" in some literal sense, is not going to happen.
 Quote:
...how do I get around this or do I even have to? ...
your premise is that you want to "see yourself as {a} God". to me this means you want to delude yourself into thinking that you are the originator of all matter, change, and experience of these. you might want to study mysticism, where they indoctrinate themselves into believing that "realization" of this "truth" is possible, set about disabling their rational capacitors by interminably mumbling routinized syllables to themselves, or restricting their entire attention to blank white walls for hours on end, and enter into some kind of mindstate where the ability to discern where they leave off and everything else begins drops away (reported by Scientific American or Nature or some other reputable periodical not very long ago as regards meditators and brain function).

I suggest that all of this thinking, hyper-rationalizing, and self-delusion is really unnecessary. all you need to do is take up the trappings in order to conduct the practice efficiently. discover how people worship their gods, evaluate the options available to you, and set about doing this to yourself, without any fancy explanations as to who created what with what nothingness, what 'level' of life form you or anyone else may be, or who is indebted to what delusion. forget all those fancy explanations delaying you from your purpose. once you've decided on your method, just get yourself a pretty table and plunk it in the corner or the center of your room, get a picture or statue of yourself and adorn it with thngs that you like, and commence to worshipping it until you can figure out how to redirect this worship to your own organism, then proceed accordingly. it's not that difficult, and it's likely to have a really enjoyable outcome. ;\)

#31757 - 11/16/09 04:29 AM Re: Worshipping Yourself as (a) God [Re: nocTifer]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Aside from all the bullshit you just wasted the time to type out; you are also responding to a post that is over a year old made by someone who hasn't been here in over a year. THINK before you post.

#31773 - 11/16/09 03:28 PM Re: Worshipping Yourself as (a) God [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
Aside from all the bullshit you just wasted the time to type out; you are also responding to a post that is over a year old made by someone who hasn't been here in over a year. THINK before you post.

Oh there is thought going on in this post perhaps not the kind of thinking you’re used to or that which you seek but there is thought.

Originally Posted By: nocTifer
once you've decided on your method, just get yourself a pretty table and plunk it in the corner or the center of your room, get a picture or statue of yourself and adorn it with thngs that you like, and commence to worshipping it until you can figure out how to redirect this worship to your own organism, then proceed accordingly. it's not that difficult, and it's likely to have a really enjoyable outcome. ;\)

Now that made me laugh, that is priceless. Worship a picture or statue of yourself by decorating it with things you like to learn how to worship yourself. Sorry buddy either they have it or they don’t either way it matters little to me. Nothing in my life changes by anyone getting it or not, as nothing changes by you doing what you do.

So with that being said I enjoy a different perspective at times even if from my angle it appears bent. There is always something to be learned from any lesson or story, if you’re smart enough to learn it. Remember the lesson learned may not be the one that was planned in fact at times it might be the exact opposite.

~T~

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.