Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7848 - 04/17/08 12:23 AM "Fuck"
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Osho is so gansta. Osho gives a lesson on the English language. His beany is so Ivana Trumpish too. I actually liked this. I mean the fact that a religious "guru" can have a sense of humor like this.

His first statements is the most relevant here. When one extreme is gone, people inevitably fall to the other extreme... is Satanism the other extreme; and if it is; is there a "state" of equilibrium somewhere in the middle? Is Satanism just a rubber band or pendulum affect of a loss of one extreme?

Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/17/08 12:36 AM)

~~352~~

#7870 - 04/17/08 01:11 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

My guess is this guy is high as FUCK… His eyes are red and glassy and his speech and mannerisms are that of someone on a high of some kind… A chemically enhanced guru…

I must admit I dig the scifi space theme to his outfit and chair… He would have made an interesting enemy on the original or next generation Star Trek… His shoulder pads just scream Ace Frehley (star child)… Somebody needs to powder his nose for video…

I need to research this man some more to see if what he says is worth a listen…

Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
I actually liked this. I mean the fact that a religious "guru" can have a sense of humor like this.

This is why I must research this I am not convinced that this is not just done for laughs…

Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
His first statements is the most relevant here. When one extreme is gone, people inevitably fall to the other extreme... is Satanism the other extreme; and if it is; is there a "state" of equilibrium somewhere in the middle? Is Satanism just a rubber band or pendulum affect of a loss of one extreme?

I feel no loss do you? While Satanism may very well be the other extreme it has evolved to much more than that in a very short time… Knowledge and reason should always win out over blind faith and secret knowledge known by only a select few… In a way Satanism itself is the pendulum…

Reality is a much harsher ride than the safety of candy land...

Is this, what it was like when the roman gods fell and Christianity took the reins?

Thanks for sharing…

#7874 - 04/17/08 04:40 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: ta2zz]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
It was funny, but that whole thing was done by a comedian a few years ago.

#7878 - 04/17/08 07:38 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: ta2zz]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: ta2zz
This is why I must research this I am not convinced that this is not just done for laughs…

What's with the double negatives?
You mean you suspect this video might have been a joke or parody?

I suspect that, with Osho's seemingly poor English, he didn't quite realise what he was reading (or saying), or the 'gangsta' image he was portraying - adding to the humorous effect.

I liked his "Fuck You" mantra! An interesting use of 'power words'.
Why not try "Fuck You! Hail Satan!" 10 times each morning? It could alter your consciousness through the power of words... \:D

#7881 - 04/17/08 08:41 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]

See, it's been done before.

[img][/img]

#7882 - 04/17/08 08:52 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: Meq]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Mequa
What's with the double negatives?
You mean you suspect this video might have been a joke or parody?

Hey could even I have missed his name is os-ho is that pronounced with a lowercase o like ahs-ho?

I still dig his outfit...

~T~

#7884 - 04/17/08 09:21 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: ta2zz]
Meq Offline
Banned

Hey could even I have missed his name is os-ho is that pronounced with a lowercase o like ahs-ho?

Seriously man, lay off the vape. \:D

#7885 - 04/17/08 09:24 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: ta2zz]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Is this, what it was like when the roman gods fell and Christianity took the reins?

This is a good point. I'll have to go read up on pagan roman religions and early christianity.

I didn't think about seeing Satanism as 'the pendulum.' Perhaps you can elaborate on this for me. I'd like to see how you see it.

His space suit getup is cool. He has them in different colors. This Osho guy was around in the 60's under a different name... I can't remember; but he is dead. His followers, or marketers renamed him "Osho"... like how a company would repackage their shit to reach a new target market \:\)

Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (04/17/08 09:29 PM)

~~352~~

#7887 - 04/17/08 09:32 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: Asmedious]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Asme, but Osho came before computer animation. Besides, Osho is a "guru", so i suspect there's more to his version of the F word thing that just humor...

Kayla

~~352~~

#7888 - 04/17/08 09:37 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: Asmedious]
Meq Offline
Banned

The audio was done long before this video version - wasn't this a Monty Python sketch or something?
I think Osho was simply trying to get his message across to the audience by reading something popular and adding his own unique twist to it.

Is that Runescape? Or similar?
My brother is a chronic Runescape addict, and I mean that in the literal sense of the word...
Shame whoever wrote the subtitles doesn't have a better grasp of spelling, but I digress.

Has anyone here ever wondered how the word "fuck" would sound to someone not brought up with English (as either mother tongue or 2nd/3rd/4th language), with no knowledge of its meaning or context?
I understand the word's origin is onomatopeic, like that other 'F' word... \:o

#7891 - 04/17/08 09:53 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: Meq]

Quote:
Has anyone here ever wondered how the word "fuck" would sound to someone not brought up with English (as either mother tongue or 2nd/3rd/4th language), with no knowledge of its meaning or context?

Hard to say. It was one of the first words in my English vocabulary.

1. "Sorry, no speak English"
2. "Go to bathroom"
3. "I need to go to bathroom."
4. "It emergency, must go to bathroom."
5. "Fuck."

Eh, what do you expect from a third grader back in 1974?

#7894 - 04/17/08 10:32 PM Re: "Fuck" [Re: Asmedious]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
When I lvied in South Korea (in the late 80') the little Korean kids would know the word 'Fuck' and be able to say it perfectly, but could not say my friend 'Fiona's' name and would call her Piano.

Actually they all knew the word 'fuck', I guess it's probably just about universal now.

I wonder if there is actually many people on the planet that don't recognize it?

Zeph

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.