Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#78693 - 07/26/13 11:03 AM Special Forums
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
The Special Forums section:

1. Announcements & Updates
A. This section appears to contain topics that aren't necessarily relevant to Announcements & Updates of the site. Couldn't some of these topics pinned be moved to other forums?

For example: Karla LaVey's Annual Black Mass Announcements could be moved to an 'Events' page.

B. The sub-forums could be underneath the 'Announcements & Updates' header, such as: Hall of Shame, New Member Introductions, Site Updates & Bugs,etc.

2. Video & Images
Could be pinned to the 'General Forum' vs. having it in the Special Forum section. What's so special about these forums other than they are for videos and pictures?

It would shrink the 'Special Forum' page to be more focused on specific 'Specialty' areas, such as the Satanism 101, Encyclopedia Project, Level 2, 600 Club, and the Site Annoucements (I'd pin that to the top of the Special Forum).

It may look a little something like this:

SPECIAL FORUM

I. Announcements & UPDATES
- Site Bugs & Suggestion Box
- New Member Introductions
- The Hall of Shame

II. Encyclopedia project
- Satanism 101

III. 600 Club

IV. Level 2

GENERAL FORUM

I. EVENTS

II. Satanism

III. OCCULT

IV. PHILOSOPHY

V. POLITICS

VI. COUNTER-CULTURE

VII. GENERAL CONVERSATION

VIII. BOOKS & LITERATURE

IX. TELEVISION & FILM

X. VIDEO DISCUSSION BOARD

XI. PHOTO DISCUSSION BOARD

Just some suggestions.

#78698 - 07/26/13 02:35 PM Re: Special Forums [Re: SIN3]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
Announcement pin themselves to the front page. I think that's why it's set up the way that is.

Also, I don't know if you know this but Karla's church is associated with 600 Club.

Karla's Annual Black Mass makes the front page of the site for that reason, which is why it was put in announcements.

#78699 - 07/26/13 02:41 PM Re: Special Forums [Re: FemaleSatan]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

If I'm understanding you correctly, the 'front page' would be the Special Forums section (top Menu of forum items), and the Lower end of the page wouldn't be considered front page?

The outline I provided above would still be on the Forums main page, just organized a bit differently.

Yes, I was aware (re.: Karla), I was just thinking they may be more suitable for an Events sub-menu.

#78700 - 07/26/13 02:48 PM Re: Special Forums [Re: SIN3]
FemaleSatan Offline

Nope, the home page. If you look at it right now it has the announcement Morgan did called Basic Site Information. Also, the shout box, recommended reading, top posters list, etc.

If you scroll up to the top (very top) of your screen it's on the right side, top link. It's where you 'land' if you just type in 600 Club.

#78703 - 07/26/13 03:22 PM Re: Special Forums [Re: FemaleSatan]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Perhaps I'm not being clear, I'm addressing the layout of the 'Forums' page, not the Home page.

#78708 - 07/26/13 04:15 PM Re: Special Forums [Re: SIN3]
FemaleSatan Offline

I know what you're addressing.

I was saying why (I think, not 100% sure) that it wouldn't work. Because of the posts in the announcement section going to the front page, fucking with the placement of the announcements section (and placing new things under that header) might mess that up.

Which is why I said this in my first post:

"Announcement pin themselves to the front page. I think that's why it's set up the way that is."

#78710 - 07/26/13 04:27 PM Re: Special Forums [Re: FemaleSatan]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Got it.

I was under the impression that ubbthreads allowed for you to move the forums to your own criteria vs. being stuck with a fixed outline.

The Special Forum vs. General Forum, these appear to be options.

A Main forum could include as many sub-forums that you choose.

I suppose Morgan or Xear could answer this in all certainty, or even if my proposed outline is even a good idea.

I just thought the overall presentation could be cleaned up a bit.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.