Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#8102 - 04/22/08 07:43 PM Mentoring
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Mentoring.

I have been thinking about this for a while. As a "supposed" Satanist, the whole idea of mentoring is kinda an oxymoron. Satanism is supposed to be about the individual and how they view themselves and the world around them.

Its different from verbal exchange/dialogue within a group or between peers on the internet or in the real world setting.

As a Satanist, you have to tread/make your own path to knowledge. You have to read. You can't learn anything by having it spoon fed to you. You may hear the words, but you lose the internal thought processes that comes form pouring over words and thinking about what it means to yourself.

As a Satanist of any sort, just read the book. Think about it, then burn it, sell it, ebay it or put it on a shelf. Just take the knowledge and decide for yourself what works. No one else can make that decision for you. Before you can say something doesn't work, you should have at least finished reading it. Hell, its even free on this site in the media room.

You have to take responsibility for yourself, your brain, your life, and how you view everything. When you give those decisions over to someone else, you lose information because everything you learn is coming through someone elses personal filter, with all their bias and opinions. You don't always get the whole story.

Satanism is supposed to be about empowering yourself to be the best you can. About becoming/being a leader, not a follower. There are lots of sources for knowledge, and information. You just have to do the work yourself. There are lots of good source books listed all over the site upon which to expand your mind. Use them.

You don't have to join any group to be a Satanist, but if you are then know at least what you are getting involved with before you send in any money.

Morgan,

Welcome to the Darkside,
we have great cookies and brownies

#8109 - 04/23/08 01:05 AM Re: Mentoring [Re: Morgan]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
As a fairly high-ranking member of the Babycakes Brigade, I have yet to see any cookies or brownies...just sayin'.

#8113 - 04/23/08 06:21 AM Re: Mentoring [Re: Octavius]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Yeah, I know Octavius is a Lieutenant and everything... but what happened to the NCO's? Saltines and Cheese Wiz, perhaps?

I do remember being promoted to Seargant Major Babycakes status - could we have a dance or something?

Support the troops, is all I'm sayin'.

What the hell was this thread about?

Oh yeah, Mentoring... fuck em'.

#8122 - 04/23/08 04:48 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: Morgan]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Well recently it came to my attention that one of our most vocal members has taken to thinking their place here was to be a mentor… Of course they discovered this after playing out the posting game as they put it… My reply to this went as follows…

“Well the Satanist should choose his/her teacher wisely so maybe you are just getting the crumbs falling through the cracks… Did you ever think that?” ~ ta2zz

“Never thought about this - them being the undesirables. Good point.” ~ person playing the posting game

Now on the subject of missing cookies and brownies... ;\)

If anybody wants to complain about missing their rations of cookies and brownies I will hear your complaints... First fill out this form in triplicate and I will see what I can do...

Name____________ Age____ Assumed Rank___________________

Number of cookies and brownies you think you are owed__________

Years in Service__________________

Thank You

~T~

#8126 - 04/23/08 06:59 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: ta2zz]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

You Guys are the best.

Hmm, I will have to look into the missing brownies and cookies.

In theory, I should have some time in the next 2 weeks to make some.

Morg

#8133 - 04/23/08 09:47 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: Morgan]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
On the flip side, there is much to be gained by being a member of a group. Take this site for example. We are a group of like minded individuals feeding off recommendations, opinions, and insight gained by other members. No one here is necessarily dispensing the one and only truth. We are able to interact and take a piece of this and that and put in our satanic bag to be used later to shape our continued growth. Through debate and the expression of opinion, one can see they may be on the wrong track, or open a door to a new way of thinking.

Similarly, I am a member of an offline group of local satanists. We don't have a leader. We don't have a set of laws or do's and dont's (well a few, but they are for privacy issues). We don't have to contribute a dime. Anyone can arrange a meeting with any kind of topic they chose. It's up to the member if they wish to attend. We have had family picnics and bbq's, outings to movies and museums, dinner parties, serious group rituals, trips to haunted sites. At each of our gatherings, the group is free to interact and discuss amongst ourselves new topics. Therefore, we are always growing and exchanging new ideas. We have had speakers at some of our meetings. Introducing us to their latest books, artwork, essays, music, etc. At our member only meetings, we are asked to bring something new as "show and tell" to perhaps allow the members to benefit from something they might not know was out there. It doesn't have to be a product. It can be an essay, a short story, video, or a re-telling of a ritual or experience that worked out well or not for a member. We can then discuss that person's topic, offer advice, praise them, condemn them, etc.

On the subject of the missing cookies and brownies, I think I ate them last weekend at 3 in the morning after binge drinking and gambling. Sorry, I was fucking hungry!

#8152 - 04/24/08 07:10 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: fakepropht]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

"On the subject of the missing cookies and brownies, I think I ate them last weekend at 3 in the morning after binge drinking and gambling. Sorry, I was fucking hungry!"

Dude, how did you get into my kitchen?
I thought it was the cats.

#8155 - 04/24/08 08:23 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: Morgan]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I astral projected my ass there and feasted like a demon. Good thing cats love me, otherwise they might have given me away. I must admit, I wasn't alone. I took a couple of demons with me that I called up in a ritual. I figured after seeing my Aces beat one too many times, it was time to bring hell down on my opponents. Unfortunately, my demons only seemed interesting in eating and drinking. After they cleaned out my fridge and licquor cabinet, we roamed the astral planes in search of more. Your's happened to be the second stop on our search. Yummy, btw.

#8178 - 04/25/08 07:05 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: fakepropht]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Gee, thank you. I should be making more soon.

I am not going to ask how the demons knew my house.
The again the freddy kruger on the front door kinda gives it away.
At least you guys missed the freezer with the tequila, blauhouse, and abscent in it.

M

#8211 - 04/27/08 04:45 AM Re: Mentoring [Re: fakepropht]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
 Originally Posted By: fakepropht
I astral projected my ass there and feasted like a demon. Good thing cats love me, otherwise they might have given me away. I must admit, I wasn't alone. I took a couple of demons with me that I called up in a ritual. I figured after seeing my Aces beat one too many times, it was time to bring hell down on my opponents. Unfortunately, my demons only seemed interesting in eating and drinking. After they cleaned out my fridge and licquor cabinet, we roamed the astral planes in search of more. Your's happened to be the second stop on our search. Yummy, btw.

We'll let Morg decide the rankings, but as a member of the Babycakes Brigade, I take issue with your assumptive munching of said Babycakes Brownies and cookies without giving the rest of us our due. You know we need such treats in order to continue our work for The Cause. Next time, you'll get more than what's coming to you.

On a serious note, I've greatly benefited from generous mentoring here. But to echo what has already been said, choose your mentors wisely. There are those among us who are little more than posturing charlatans.

Sincerely,
Octavius, Sub-Lord of the Babycakes Brigade (and hungry for sweeties)

Edited by Octavius (04/27/08 04:50 AM)
Edit Reason: adding relevence

#8232 - 04/27/08 08:58 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: Octavius]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne
 Originally Posted By: Octavius

On a serious note, I've greatly benefited from generous mentoring here. But to echo what has already been said, choose your mentors wisely. There are those among us who are little more than posturing charlatans.

I could not have put it better myself. You took the words right out of my mouth, Octavius.

Perhaps as you, I've always thought that the Satanic Bible should be properly placed into the section of "self-help" in any good bookshop. Perhaps nudged inbetween Tony Robbins and Dr Phil. Certainly not the "occult" section.

But Anton LaVey - in life, ahhh, what a genius performer that man truly was.

There are indeed those among us, Octavius, little more than posturing charlatans. Weren’t sheep born to be fleeced?

#8244 - 04/28/08 05:56 AM Re: Mentoring [Re: Octavius]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Alright Octavius... what the fuck? You're getting promotions now? Behind my back? First you're Lieutenant Babycakes, and now you're Sublord of the Babycakes Brigade?

What the hell is a Sub-Lord anyway?

The shit of it is, I think you still out-rank me... fuck.

Anyways, back to the show... I have two cats, and they don't take kindly to astral beings, and unless you're really into spinach and Feta cheese, you'd best stay away. The chocolate cake was eaten by my kids - those punk asses.

#8255 - 04/28/08 07:19 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: daevid777]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

hmm, looks like I have to make time to make more brownies.
Then hide them from the various astral projected people, demons, and such.
and to think of it, my vegatable lazana is better than the brownies.

Morg

#8258 - 04/28/08 07:49 PM Re: Mentoring [Re: Morgan]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Yummy, now you've got my mouth watering too!

I kind of look towards you as a mentor, but not in the strict sense of the word. I guess it's really a respect thing. I respect you, so I try and earn your respect back. In doing so, I might read something you've suggested, or try to find the lesson in a post, but I wouldn't want to be spoon fed anything. I've always much preffered learning through my own actions, although watching others mistakes can be a lesson for all.

Zeph

#8265 - 04/29/08 12:43 AM Re: Mentoring [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
I would like to bring to the attention of Heriticks like,me,for instance.The horned god-flows through my annoited veins tonight.I see all the creatures feeling rebellious under this rock-the-vote-moon.Do you feel the rebellion,I know you do.I see the lust for life,sex,drugs,Magick and knowlege.I see that the church hated me so much that they put my image on their quote "Devil" I see they have been blinded by this because the ancients loved me just fine like Red Wine.I am their flesh and they deny me in my own world,and the world they inhabit.I feel they should look real-hard at the face in the distorted mirror of vainity before dismissing me.Since they deny me I make a fool of them,using the good old cannon verse across the heart of my flesh,the 3:16th century if you know about me.Here in the bible-belt,using their sign against them has it's purks.I found that it keeps them guessing who they are or what they really serve,witch is themselves,no you din't but yes I did.Since they enslave me I use the sign as a reverse trickery of a symbol which if you know the tarots,the cards can go both ways,divine or trickery.The Magick sparks,the magician,and the emperess or
Red Queen,to the rebbit or Crone,are all connected like all religion or hypnotizing creative thinking.Think about it.Christ was a ceremonial witch or shaman.Helping with words and believing in the self to get things done,not anyone else.I think they who are inside the cult of slavery should exaime this and realize that they do not serve god but only themselves,not one christian I know helps to save the world just pollute like the rest,on the other hand also when I plant seeds or a tree in the ground for the divine mother-earth a christian would come by and cut it down,if it where bothering them in any-shape form,and fashion,they say we are of god,but spit at all humanity,to me if there is a hell they will see it before me.

"To Hell with you."
Hypocrites............

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.