Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#814 - 10/02/07 06:02 PM any interest in a Satanic Grotto?
Venger Satanis Offline
stranger

obviously, this has nothing to do with today's Church of Satan because they don't advocate Grottoes anymore... or even productive activity between members.

no, this is something else. i say we take the Grotto concept back and do something with it. if you'd like to take Satanism nine steps further, then let me know. post here or send me an email (my address can be found on the signature links).

the time for action is now. what do you think about localized Satanic organization?

Hail the new Satanic Aeon!

Venger As'Nas Satanis
Cult of Cthulhu High Priest

#815 - 10/02/07 06:10 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Venger Satanis]
Old Spider Offline
stranger

The funding must come from somewhere, and whoever is in charge had better know how to deal with the business end of things.
#853 - 10/03/07 02:56 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Old Spider]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
I say we let venger satanis send us money to establish a grotto, through ourselves a good party, and then through it all away like a pair of old socks.
The teenage satanists would most certainly like the idea of having a place to hang out, but I personally prefer meeting with fellow people in a more private and sophisticated place, like having a nice dinner in my dining room. This way it's up to me who qualifies and who doesn't.
Good whiskey loses the taste in poor company.

#855 - 10/03/07 05:36 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
Grotto's seem like a good idea at first glance, However the reality of it is much worse. The problem with the grotto system is that if you misjudge and choose members poorly and one of them does something retarded, the entire group will find itself in prison or worse.

Lets say that the "new guy" gets arrested for lighting the neighbors cat on fire. He fights the cops and during his time in jail, threatens the cops with his Satanic beliefs and tries to unnerve them with the fact theres a huge local grotto.

Do you really think they will do anything other than come for you all? Think they will do it friendly and in a neighborly way? The public thinks were baby killers, and the police have been trained that were insane drug using psychopaths. Local governments love Satanic groups because prosecuting them makes sensational television news.

"Police chief takes down blood drinking Satanic cult in small town."

Satanism attracts nit wits. Just from this site I have read statements from idiots who; Break into cemeteries to have group sex. People poisoning the neighbors dog. People who Satan appears to during weekly meetings at the laundry mat. People who scream to everyone in their life that they follow Satan and wonder why life is so hard.

then again, you never know. Prove me wrong.

Chris

#859 - 10/03/07 08:20 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: MCSA TEK]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I am a member of a local group of satanists. We don't consider ourselves a grotto. I can attest first hand that it only takes one idiot to wreak havok on the rest. We have a screening process where an applicant fills out a questionaire. Most don't make it beyond that point. Those that we feel might "get it", get a face to face interview with one or more members. We ask questions. We delve into their background. In subtle ways. We don't come right out and ask them if lighting cats on fire is cool. If you pass that test, we hold a vote and usually admit you.

Our first encounter was with a nit-wit that pretty much fit every sentence of yours MCSA. We eventually booted the person, but not without a fight. Dude tried to drag our names through the mud. Fabricated stories and posted them online. Was a pain in the ass for about 4 months.

The second one was more of a problem. He kidnapped his daughter and fled across the US. Some of you probably saw stories about him on your local news. He worked at the jail here and was considered armed and dangerous. As soon as the cops found his altar and stuff in the basement, we made headlines across the US. I was one of the first to catch wind of it. I was able to forewarn our other members of the situation and prepare them for phone calls and black 4 door sedans to pull into their parking lots. Sure enough, several of us were contacted and asked to give statements and junk. We were smart enough to disavow his membership publicly and tell the cops that while he was a member, he was not active, we did not support him or his actions, and fully cooperated with the investigation. We have had no problems since then. So yes, the possibility of one's actions bringing the whole down is very real.

#861 - 10/03/07 09:12 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: fakepropht]
Old Spider Offline
stranger

I'd suggest an online grotto, but it looks like you've already got one.
#864 - 10/03/07 11:43 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Old Spider]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
What I have done is to simply try to meet with people here in real time.

This gives them a chance to get to know a little about you from your conduct here. You may even invite them to your myspace or something like that.

To date, I have only actually met one person from this site. I am pretty busy.

Fakepropht does not live that far away from me and I continually to threaten to meet him in DC at a show. Still, we have yet to meet.

#883 - 10/04/07 11:11 AM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Venger Satanis]
birdstrike Offline
pledge

Loc: Canada
"the time for action is now!"

What is this supposed to mean? Time for what action? I am merely a self righteous loner sitting in front of my computer waxing intellectual about things I know nothing about. I don't think I'm the only one either.

I am very curious how a grotto would benefit the average poster on this board. There really doesn't seem to be any even common thread of belief. To even refer to Satanism as a religion overall is laughable. Satanism seems to encompass everyone from atheists who can't come to terms with their Atheism, to people who believe in mythical monsters from pulp magazines bringing about a new Aeon.

Your post reads like a military recruitment poster. Perhaps you should rally around a specific cause instead of trying to motivate the Satanic Nation. A nation which has no cohesion.....wait..wait thats it isn't it? You are going to rally us. You are going to unite us in our beliefs. You can be our pope in the new Aeon.

Sorry not interested. Thanks though!

#893 - 10/04/07 02:22 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: birdstrike]
Old Spider Offline
stranger

Yeah, it does seem to be a bit of a joke. Any self-deserving Satanist would already have a personal 'grotto' called a 'living room' or perhaps even the 'bedroom'. However, if it could serve as a vendor to the public for literature and similar services, then why not? But strictly as a meeting place... that doesn't seem to be very useful.
#904 - 10/04/07 09:35 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Old Spider]
Gravity Offline
stranger

Loc: U S A
 Quote:
Grotto's seem like a good idea at first glance, However the reality of it is much worse. The problem with the grotto system is that if you misjudge and choose members poorly and one of them does something retarded, the entire group will find itself in prison or worse.

What?! Can you explain further please?

#1263 - 10/26/07 10:00 AM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Gravity]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

Loc: Melbourne, Australia.
 Originally Posted By: Gravity

What?! Can you explain further please?

I believe Fakepropht already covered such a possible eventuality in his post, reread and then discuss.

#1374 - 11/02/07 04:06 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Venger Satanis]
Satanic_Priest Offline
lurker

Loc: Vermont
I am an Ordained Satanic Minister ( not through the CoS ) and I am in the very begining steps of establishing a Satanic Church in New England Starting in my home state of Vermont. I believe firmly that it is time the Satanic Religion be recognized as a legit religion and those who practice it allowed to do so in a building designed for the soul purpous as well as a gathering place for Satanists of sound mind and body to converse. The Constitution covers all religions not just those that CONFORM to the will of the " socially Correct".
#1381 - 11/03/07 02:11 AM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Satanic_Priest]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
"Satanic Religion" IS a recognized "Religion"...

However, "IN YOUR FACE" doesn't fly well... so if you really want to be the owner of the "church" that gets burned down - more power to you. See you on the flip-side, and good luck.

Nice place to get all those pesky Satanists out of the way in one shot!

Edited by daevid777 (11/03/07 02:12 AM)

#1389 - 11/03/07 04:16 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: birdstrike]
139381512 Offline
stranger

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Christians are the fascists of religion period!! They have have tried to convert every culture they've ever came in contact with, whether they want to or not. So why would some jack ass come on to our Satanic community and even type a word? We don't care if you believe our ideas or not!
People in the Satanic world are always exploring new magical avenues, we refuse to become stagnate.
There is not one way to do anything, but a lot of Satanists most likely follow very similar philosophies. Christians should take a look at history, We have been seeding into predominant positions in society for centuries! It's my belief that we'll consume the USA, if not the world, from the inside out.

That cult of chtulu is cheesy at best! Your book is way over priced for theories most likely recycled. Bill Gates comes to mind. lol

#1391 - 11/03/07 04:52 PM Re: any interest in a Satanic Grotto? [Re: Satanic_Priest]
139381512 Offline
stranger

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
I completely sympathize, but it is true that psychotic christians will most likely take some sort of radical action.

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.