Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#9724 - 06/21/08 04:43 PM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: Tony]
999 Offline
stranger

Loc: alabama
i call myself a satanist although i dont believe in satan i do model satan.whene i preform rituals its in the name of satan.if you were to read the bible and payed real close atention you could see satan is more of a behaver,such as being pridefull,lustfull,hatefull.so if this is satan then i am a satanist.because i am lustfull,hatefull ect....in that horried book satan always questioned god and a few other things.i question everything, again a satanist or satan.so these or some of the reasons i call myself a satanist.

#9738 - 06/21/08 08:48 PM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: 999]
davesalyers Offline
stranger

Loc: Tehachapi, CA
I have a rather simple definition. "Real" Satanism is left hand path and is thus the opposite of Christianity and other right hand path spiritual religions.

Christianity and right hand path religions try to practice the eradication or submersion of the ego into some universal force, often defined in a supernatural or theistic sense. Proper LHP Satanism therefore would be atheistic or nontheistic and instead focus on Self-Actualization in this life (not self-negation and focus on an afterlife).

Worshipping any being as a deity is self- or ego-negation and is inherently a right hand path practice (whether one terms it Christianity, Judaism, or "traditional or theistic" Satanism). At least Buddhism is honest in its goals as it clearly states that it sees the self as "unreal" and thus something to be dispensed.

Dave

#9744 - 06/22/08 01:20 AM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: 999]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Holy hell, is your space bar broken? I'm going to use this post as an example. Satanists consider themselves elite. That means we rise above the common heard in all aspects of our life and how we present ourselves. That includes a proper grasp of the English language, spelling, and grammar. Not limited to that, but how we interact with our fellow man and conduct ourselves in public. This being a Satanic site that caters to a modern satanic viewpoint, and generally caters to Levayan writings, may I remind everyone of a couple of general rules of thought?

When in another's lair, show him respect, or do not go there. This is another's lair. Namely, Xear's. We are guests here. Some of us have been appointed gate keepers (in green) and others have been appointed as elite(in blue). If you don't see fit to just follow a few basic rules and present yourself as a member of the elite, then shuffle along.

If a guest in your house annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy. Not necessarily directed at you 999, but some of the others that bitch about being taken to task by other users for puking drivel on the board. While the meat of your post made sense, it qualifies for unreadable. No use of capilization, proper spacing, and the spelling is atrocious. There, I used you as a whipping boy. Slow down, think out a response. This applies to all the users here, not just you.

#9753 - 06/22/08 03:20 PM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: fakepropht]
999 Offline
stranger

Loc: alabama
OK,I have done said that the key pad that I am useing is indeed broken, some of the letters don't type out whene I push them.YES, sometimes I dont use the caps properly,and my spelling is not all that great.I am not sorry for anything I've said.I do apoligize however, If I've said something to offend someone.I did not try to post anything offencive.I will try to spell things better. If I must I'll get a dictinary.Thanks for for the shruide critisism.

#9760 - 06/22/08 08:55 PM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: 999]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Another way to spell-check (depending on what browser you're using) is to highlight the text you're typing and right-click. Select "Spell Check" or something similar. It will go through and any word it finds misspelled, will list alternatives for you to replace it with or ignore. It's not a grammar checker though, but it's a start. It also never hurts to click the "Preview Post" before you hit "Submit", just to proof-read your post beforehand.

#10195 - 07/12/08 04:03 PM Re: This should be in Satanism 101 [Re: ta2zz]
Engel08 Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Yeah after I got more into critical thinking I tore out the second half of the book too.
Doesn't mean I don't understand or could not do a ritual. I just don't.
I feel the philosophy of Satanism is important.

#10228 - 07/15/08 03:01 AM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: Nyarlathotep2012]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I would like to say that I'm new to all this, but I'm a little confused. I have noticed alot of people call themselves satanist but they don't really believe in satan as a deity. This to me is confusing because it sounds to me as your just an atheist, and your basically using satan to mock the christian religion. why not just call yourself an athiest?

Well maybe it would help if i said Satan and his principles can be seen as symbols representing a force in nature. And not as an unseen,untouchable creature. I will never say i'm theistic or atheistic, i'm neither. I'm just a human who has the ability to think, do and is.
Also i will not mock the church for the things it had done wrong in the past or in the present nor for their way of thinking. I will only mock the people who mock me, and let bad things happen in the name of his beliefs but who are only for his good.
I will not blame christ because of the words he said or the deeds he had done. I only blame the people who abused his words to gain power over others. I only blame things personally and never towards a whole group of persons because there still is a chance you turn innocent and wise people against you.

Quote:
Yeah after I got more into critical thinking I tore out the second half of the book too. Doesn't mean I don't understand or could not do a ritual. I just don't. I feel the philosophy of satanism is important.

Maybe because the philosophy is based on human instincts and the natural way of thinking and not a sort of dogma who wants you to oppres your feelings to "have a better life".

Edited by Dimitri (07/15/08 03:07 AM)

#10284 - 07/18/08 07:40 AM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: Dimitri]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Maybe because the philosophy is based on human instincts and the natural way of thinking and not a sort of dogma who wants you to oppres your feelings to "have a better life".

I disagree on that last point.
The way I see it, the rituals are there for people who may no be able to deal with their emotional baggage very well, and so they are included as a means to rid the person of their baggage, rather than have them constantly think about their problems and get stressed about them. After all, stress can lead to all sorts of health problems if it gets out of hand. The rituals are just there as a guideline to helping the individual deal with his negative emotions more constructively, rather than letting them consume the individual.

Of course, it is up to the individual whether they perform any of the rituals from the Satanic Bible or their own variant. So long as they hurt no-one, including themselves, I see it as an okay thing to do.

Don't mind me; slight disagreement there and a little brain fart...

#10288 - 07/18/08 11:42 AM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: DistroyA]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

Why shouldn't I mind with your disagreement if you are totally right?

I agree with your view about the rituals, but I was talking about the so-called holy rules in other religions and not the rituals.

#10321 - 07/22/08 03:19 PM Re: Different Types Of Satanist [Re: Dimitri]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
 Quote:

Why shouldn't I mind with your disagreement if you are totally right?

I agree with your view about the rituals, but I was talking about the so-called holy rules in other religions and not the rituals.

Oh right. Whoops. Sorry, I kinda got my wires crossed there. Yeah, I get what you mean now, and I kinda agree with you on that level. But in essence, the rituals ARE the dogma of Satanism. Hence me feeling like I was disagreeing there.

But yeah, we need less prayer, and more emotional release is what I say.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.