Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#83190 - 12/13/13 01:08 PM post formatting - my post are getting scrambled
Conchis Offline

Loc: us
I am noticing a really odd issue with my recent posts. I am writing a post, I check and double check my formatting, then post the info. After posting I double check my post and the formatting is fine. A couple days later I come back and check my post and the formatting is scrambled. Some of the quote boxes will be re-arraigned within the post. Normally I will quote someone and then reply to them underneath the quote.

Here is one example: Bad (scrambled) post one , bad (scrambled) post two

Now this is what that post should have looked like (and did when I origionally posted it) good post one , good post two

This is the actual thread containing this post. here

I would like to note that I am not sure if this is a problem on my end or not. Can anyone confirm whether my post is correct or not on their end? I might also add that this is not the only post in which I have seen this issue.

Edited by Conchis (12/13/13 01:22 PM)

#83192 - 12/13/13 02:02 PM Re: post formatting - my post are getting scrambled [Re: Conchis]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
That's odd. Once you have posted something and haven't edited it yourself, it shouldn't change by itself. I haven't seen this issue come up before so I'm at a loss to tell you the truth.

I could see this happening if you went back and made some edits to it and while doing so accidently deleted the / in the quote gizmo thingy. But it doesn't sound like that since it seems you are saying that you did not make any edits to it, and that it just happened on its own. If this continues to happen you might want to send a message to Xear, since he knows more about the gears and levers that operate this system.

#83221 - 12/13/13 06:42 PM Re: post formatting - my post are getting scrambled [Re: Asmedious]
Conchis Offline

Well it just happened again, I have no idea how or why but here you go.

good post

bad post

I am definitely not editing my post's and causing this. If it continues I guess I will have to get a hold of xear.

Edited by Conchis (12/13/13 07:06 PM)
Edit Reason: Removed dumb question

#83239 - 12/13/13 07:46 PM Re: post formatting - my post are getting scrambled [Re: Conchis]
Conchis Offline

Update: Well the problem seems to have been fixed, I have checked on multiple browsers and everything now looks fine. I'm still not sure if the problem was on my end or not.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.012 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.