Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8418 - 05/05/08 10:20 PM Nightline About Scientology
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

Loc: Indiana
Has anyone seen this yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1GqFAPY6k - I'm sure you're smart enough to find part two.

Relatively new.

Features Jenna Miscavige (David Miscavige's niece. David runs Scientology).

It seems that Scientology's free pass is becoming more and more non-existent, and more and more people are waking up to them - Oprah's recent softball interview with Tom Cruise not withstanding.

Edited by Xaulamyn (05/05/08 10:24 PM)

#8431 - 05/06/08 05:14 PM Re: Nightline About Scientology [Re: Xaulamyn]
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

Loc: Indiana
Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to say that I would appreciate others' opinions about how the media in general has been reacting to the Church of Scientology, how they are now, if they're doing enough, what they should do, your reaction to the above mentioned Nightline report, etc.

Whatever you have to offer on the subject is all good.

Edited by Xaulamyn (05/06/08 05:17 PM)

#8432 - 05/06/08 06:03 PM Re: Nightline About Scientology [Re: Xaulamyn]
psiren Offline
pledge

Loc: Spain
I'm not sure what I think about all the scientology hoo-ha at the moment. Whenever the media jumps on something to this extent I'm always sceptical. From what I've seen it seems like a dangerous cult just out to make a buck by brainwashing but who knows, many things in the past have been twisted out of all proportion by the media.
If it is being twisted though, the spokespeople aren't doing a very good job of appearing rational and reasonable. Here's another report, a British one that's quite interesting. It's worth a watch even if only for the reporter totally losing it and the way the scientology peeps flip out or have a brain fog when they hear the word 'cult'. It's quite amusing.
This is quite an old show so you may have seen it but if not, enjoy:

scientology and me part 1

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.