Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#36526 - 03/16/10 08:58 AM Re: Morbius, something is approaching the perimeter. [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
111Cal Offline

Dr. Aquino and the Temple of Set are now and always have been an important part of the Satanic Community. He was there in the early years and has been a loyal, outspoken and committed voice for decades.

I think that sometimes he is at a bit of a disadvantage here, as the majority of the board is from a CoS/LaVey point of view and is often unfamiliar with the exact nature and views of the TOS. But make no mistake, even if the TOS downplays the actual word "Satan" sometimes, they are still part of the same overall community.

#36531 - 03/16/10 09:18 AM Re: Morbius, something is approaching the perimeter. [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
111Cal Offline

Touche!!!

Yes this is a LaVeyan site and yes Dr. Aquino is here by choice. My point was and is, that a lot of people simply do not have much information about the TOS and their views. A lot of that is from the years of bad blood between LaVey and Aquino and from the fact that during those years.... the unofficial CoS position was that Aquino was scum and everything he said was garbage! ha ha ha

So a lot of LaVeyan satanists simply wrote him off. We have to remember that "Satanists" were around for thousands of years before Dr. LaVey put pen to paper, and that there are many in the community who have different interpretations.

As for Dr. Aquino? I wont get into the whole split, as I am sure that all parties could have and should have dealt with things better and I am sure there is blame to be shared, but I do commend him for his work.

#36557 - 03/16/10 01:17 PM A duck by any other name ... [Re: 111Cal]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: 111Cal
Dr. Aquino and the Temple of Set are now and always have been an important part of the Satanic Community. He was there in the early years and has been a loyal, outspoken and committed voice for decades.

I think that sometimes he is at a bit of a disadvantage here, as the majority of the board is from a COS/LaVey point of view and is often unfamiliar with the exact nature and views of the TOS. But make no mistake, even if the TOS downplays the actual word "Satan" sometimes, they are still part of the same overall community.

I don't feel "at disadvantage" in 600C, for the simple reason that I am not here to seek any "advantage". As previously noted, I am here primarily for historical (to explain what and how the Church of Satan actually was 1966-75) and sentimental (to uphold the honor of the Prince of Darkness as I was ordained to his Priesthood 1970-75) reasons. Both of these I regard matter-of-factly; if others wish to disagree with either, that's entirely their affair.

I have been principled on one self-evident count: that "Satanist" is properly used to identify someone who believes in the existence of Satan as a sentient entity, and who owns allegiance to him sincerely and formally, as per the Oath in the "Satanic Baptism" of the Satanic Rituals, and within the Priesthood of Mendes as per the Oath in the ceremony of that ordination. I assert that the Church of Satan had the exclusive and authentic authority to administer both Oaths 1966-75, but not thereafter. Hence sincere Satanists post-1975 are on their own concerning the first Oath, and in the absence of the true Church the second is extinct as well.

Atheists are atheists, not "Satanists"; and an Atheist who likes to affect Satanic imagery for its glamour [because Atheism by itself is dull] is doing just that.

The Temple of Set is not properly "part of the Satanic community", since it considers "Satan" simply an imperfect, propagandized, JudŠo/Christian caricature of Set. So I suppose you could call Satanism a superficial, still-J/C-conditioned "part of the Setian community". ;\)

#36560 - 03/16/10 01:22 PM Re: A duck by any other name ... [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
111Cal Offline

Ha Ha Ha

Dr. Aquino, I like how you put a spin on it like that. And I respect your views, opinions and insight.

My point was simply that many "Satanists" view the TOS as some sort of odd "New Age Occult" beatnik group, or some odd mix of Nazi Germany and Black Magic, without having any idea of what they are talking about. That is a real shame.

Maybe its because you can join the CoS with a check and no effort, while the TOS requires a more active and committed interest.... and some are not willing to take the time to learn more. I dont know.

#36569 - 03/16/10 02:05 PM Re: A duck by any other name ... [Re: 111Cal]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Honestly 111Cal, I am getting tired of you talking down to the members of this board in general. On matters ranging from our manners to intelligence.

So you are older and claim membership CoS for 35 years, big deal. Jake and Aquino have never taken the attitude that you show, and I believe they are both older than you. I'm in this a long ass time too, a lot of the members here are in their 30's and 40's. Most of us don't feel the need to bandy numbers around about how long we have been Satanist's. Numbers don't prove anything, it is thoughts, words, and deeds that show what is inside your mind and heart.

I doubt anyone here considers the TOS a beatnik or Nazi group. Hell, if anyone has any questions in regards to the TOS, they can google it or just ask Aquino here. Granted it's a Satanism site, but IMO, no one really minds the occasional TOS question mainly because Aquino is such a font of information, and generally a nice guy.

If you find us so lacking. Plus aside from your gossiping and previous lack of respect towards the privacy of the finances of Karla and the rest of the Lavey family why do you come here?

Morgan

#36571 - 03/16/10 02:13 PM Re: A duck by any other name ... [Re: Morgan]
111Cal Offline

Gee Morgan.... I thought that the difference between THIS site and the CoS puppet sites... was that UNLIKE THEM, we dont stop members from discussing LaVey, or his family, or personal things that the CoS wants to pretend doesnt exist? hmmmmmm....

As for those financial issues... they are all common knowledge! You can google it and get 100X more info than I have put forth. When you become a PUBLIC person, and have a Public based career, you can no longer make claims to privacy.... Anton, Karla, Zeena, Stanton are all public people... and Stanton himself (and his grandmother Diane) have spoken on these matters and written about them publicly many times... so its not like im "Outing" someone here! The LaVey family themselves ALL made choices to be public people... Its not like Karla wanted to have a quiet life away from the camera eye. They ALL made that choice and along with that, they give up part of their "private" life...
just the same as Elvis, Obama, Madonna or Liberace did... and since the LaVey family has allready said the same things I have said (on many occasions) its not some "secret!"

And I would put forth that if you want the topic dropped, then maybe you should stop bringing it up when you dont like a post I make? It wasnt me that brought it back up again.

and I am not talking down to the community at all. I am honest, and if people are showing bad manners and talking in a way that reflects badly on Satanists in general, I will speak out. As for those who have that negative view of the TOS??? I can tell you firsthand that many people do have those views. Not so much on this site, but google other sites and u will see that a lot of Satanists have a warped view of what the TOS is about.

By in large the Satanic community is far more intelligent and courteous than most all others... however, I am sorry if I am blunt with my views sometimes. ( I will say that most of those I have had disagreements on this site with, have since PMd or emailed me direct with a much nicer direct resolution!)

Edited by 111Cal (03/16/10 02:15 PM)

#36574 - 03/16/10 02:21 PM Sieg Heil Cats 'n' Chicks! [Re: 111Cal]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
... many "Satanists" view the TOS as some sort of odd "New Age Occult" beatnik group, or some odd mix of Nazi Germany and Black Magic

Well yes, that's why we sell those "Beatnik Nazis for Set" T-shirts and bumper stickers.

#36576 - 03/16/10 02:24 PM Re: A duck by any other name ... [Re: 111Cal]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
It's not a matter of discussing things. It's a matter that you seem to get off on gossiping about LaVey and his family.

Back to gossip, until you brought up questions as to who gets a cut of the Satanic Bible, no one thought the need to be rude and nosey into a family/business situation that doesn't benefit or matter to 99 3/4% of the members here.

Back to you speaking about members here who have bad manners in regards to the 3 main religions, do you have any examples off hand? I am not just talking about when Xitian's come here and ask for a rebuke. Do you have examples of Jew or Muslim bashing by members since you are using a wide brush. I see you backed down on saying members of this site have no clue about the TOS.

Okay, accepted.

Morgan

#36577 - 03/16/10 02:25 PM Re: Sieg Heil Cats 'n' Chicks! [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
111Cal Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
... many "Satanists" view the TOS as some sort of odd "New Age Occult" beatnik group, or some odd mix of Nazi Germany and Black Magic

Well yes, that's why we sell those "Beatnik Nazis for Set" T-shirts and bumper stickers.

Ha ha ha

A simple google search of the TOS will reveal a whole onslaught of odd claims.... sites that make ridiculous and untrue claims about Dr. Aquinos involvement in Child murders, claims of neo nazi fascinations, and all sorts of stupid claims that are factually wrong and offensive to me to read!

The CoS has long since had a smear campaign against the TOS and Barton and Gilmore have made personal comments and attacks that were untrue and have pretty much banned discussion of the TOS or any ideas of the group for years.

My point was that many people dont know enough about the TOS to really form an informed opinion.

#36578 - 03/16/10 02:33 PM Re: A duck by any other name ... [Re: Morgan]
111Cal Offline

Originally Posted By: Morgan
It's not a matter of discussing things. It's a matter that you seem to get off on gossiping about LaVey and his family.

Back to gossip, until you brought up questions as to who gets a cut of the Satanic Bible, no one thought the need to be rude and nosey into a family/business situation that doesn't benefit or matter to 99 3/4% of the members here.

Back to you speaking about members here who have bad manners in regards to the 3 main religions, do you have any examples off hand? I am not just talking about when Xitian's come here and ask for a rebuke. Do you have examples of Jew or Muslim bashing by members since you are using a wide brush. I see you backed down on saying members of this site have no clue about the TOS.

Morgan, I will reply here since you asked... however I think that in the future, it would better serve the site to PM one another with such questions because it is counterproductive to take threads off track like this.

1. The financial issue over royalties IS enough of an issue that Stanton LaVey and Diane LaVey/Hegarty have both commented many times in letters and interviews about it. Major news agencies covered the settlement. Countless news articles detailed the settlement in detail. Zeena commented on it. You keep talking about "being nosey"? How can it be called that when the info has been out there for years and Millions have read these articles? These are PUBLIC People, with PUBLIC articles and interviews covering all this material. You cannot want to be a public person and write books, or lead organizations and then claim "Privacy" when people ask about the finances of those same public groups. You give up that right. And if 99% of the people dont care, then they do not have to read or comment on these issues at all.

2. As for those being rude and offensive? I would direct you to the thread you are allready well aware of and have taken part in. To me, it doesnt matter if a Christian starts the thread and stars it off rudely or not... bad manners is bad manners. LaVey himself had to deal with Christian bigotry and ignorance on a semi-constant basis and never resorted to screaming F*** You and cussing them out and hurling insults. He handled himself maturefly (at least publicly) and fought them with his Mind and his intelligence, and debated his views where he could or ignored them if he could not.... he never sunk to the "schoolyard name calling mentality".

As for the misconceptions of the TOS--- would u like me to post links??? a simple google search will reveal all sorts of insanity about them! NONE of which is true and all of which is simply offensive!

#36579 - 03/16/10 02:34 PM Re: Sieg Heil Cats 'n' Chicks! [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Morgan
So you are older and claim membership CoS for 35 years, big deal. Jake and Aquino have never taken the attitude that you show, and I believe they are both older than you.

Well age doesn't neccesarily imply higher experience/intelligence on a matter.
Agreed however anyone in blue deserved their title.

Gee Morgan.... I thought that the difference between THIS site and the CoS puppet sites... was that UNLIKE THEM, we dont stop members from discussing LaVey, or his family, or personal things that the CoS wants to pretend doesnt exist? hmmmmmm....

There is a difference between discussing LaVey (pointless) and discussing his ideas and views (not pointless).

Originally Posted By: Whiney bitch
As for those who have that negative view of the TOS??? I can tell you firsthand that many people do have those views. Not so much on this site, but google other sites and u will see that a lot of Satanists have a warped view of what the TOS is about.

And there are people who have a negative view of Satanism and of Christianity and of Odinism and of....
In the end: who cares? As long as you know what you believe in I don't see any problems.
Quit whining!

Edited by Dimitri (03/16/10 02:36 PM)

#36580 - 03/16/10 02:39 PM Re: Sieg Heil Cats 'n' Chicks! [Re: Dimitri]
111Cal Offline

If I make an comment or thread that you find "pointless" then I truly apologize for having wasted your time. However, I would suggest you simply not read it. The fact is that a lot of these threads that you may find pointless, are not viewed that way by some as they have comments and views and have resulted in many off-site discussions as well.

I understand that there may be some topics you find to be pointless or dull or tiresome and that is your right to view them as such... however there are those who do have an interest in the life of LaVey or others in addition to their philosophies.

Edited by 111Cal (03/16/10 02:39 PM)

#36581 - 03/16/10 02:43 PM Re: Sieg Heil Cats 'n' Chicks! [Re: 111Cal]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
However, I would suggest you simply not read it. The fact is that a lot of these threads that you may find pointless, are not viewed that way by some as they have comments and views and have resulted in many off-site discussions as well.

If things are not of my interest I do not read them.
But your manners and behavior are a pain in the ass, you come across as a whiny bastard whose so-called experience is doubtful and seemingly limited towards adoration of a long-passed person.

Your meddling with matters whom are none of your business show a lack of decency and respect. You might be fascinated, but you should have figured out already your fanaticism isn't shared nor do you bring out any useful debate.

Watch it gramps, I bite before I bark.

Edited by Dimitri (03/16/10 02:46 PM)

#36584 - 03/16/10 02:50 PM Re: Sieg Heil Cats 'n' Chicks! [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
111Cal Offline

AMEN Brother!
Anyone who has any issues/comments/questions towards me (aside from the posted thread topic) lets take it to PMs and discuss them directly!

#36588 - 03/16/10 03:45 PM Re: A duck by any other name ... [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: MawhrinSkel
OK, who's up for rebelling against the Setian community?

I would be, if it weren't for that fact that there isn't much to rebel against; aside from a handful of people whom are jacking (or jilling) off to Egyptian mythology.

Everyone has the right to state their opinion concerning anything, whether or not that opinion is valid is another matter. You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own reality.

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.