Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8495 - 05/08/08 01:19 AM Something for the homeless hater...
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Enjoy...

~T~

#8498 - 05/08/08 02:42 AM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: ta2zz]
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

Loc: Indiana
I am not their brother's keeper.

Have you not heard? Abel was killed long ago. You'll find no one wandering around here, except that branded beast with the mark. For he who has wisdom let him count it up.

But, again - Abel's dead, lying beside that tightrope walker - just ask Zarathustra and Cain.

#8526 - 05/08/08 09:31 PM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: Xaulamyn]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Ok.... white liberals assuage their guilt by giving the homeless a fish so that they may eat for a day.

The 'homeless' usually fall into a few groups. You have the crazy people who need meds, or who are collecting SSI but have stopped taking their meds because they feel 'fine' now. Then there are the random and assorted drunks and drug addicts who are homeless for the obvious reasons. And of course, we have the criminal fuck-ups who are 'homeless' because they are between sentences but will be back 'home' in short order.

When a 'homeless' guy says "Can you help me?" the correct answer is "No! I cannot help you." I cannot help you, only you can help you. If you gave some bum $10,000 dollars, in just a couple of months he would be right back in the same sorry shape he is now because his fundamental approach to life is still unchanged.

And, let of never forget about the professional panhandlers who make a tidy living simply by asking for money all day.

People who have sympathy for the homeless are simply showing what a bunch of poseurs they are. Anyone who has spent any real time running the streets knows all too well what the 'homeless' deal is.

#9246 - 05/30/08 07:16 PM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: Fist]
Skippi Offline
stranger

this lady was outside circle k and i told her circle k would probably hire her. she said.. "i cant work right now im fighting for unemployment"
#10996 - 08/24/08 05:50 PM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: ta2zz]
DemonProphet Offline
stranger

Loc: Maryland, USA
I see people all the time around the D.C. Metro area, with signs that say things along the lines of, "Homeless, Helpless, Worthless" etc. I'll never give them a dime. There's no reason they can't find a job other than the fact that they don't want one. To that, I say "Fuck you". Goodwill will hire anyone.

#10998 - 08/24/08 06:06 PM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: Fist]
Succubus666 Offline

I agree that homelessness for the most part is a choice. There are some rare circumstances in which a person loses their home, or is being screwed over by the government and doesn’t have any support system such as family or friends. But those are the people who usually manage to get back on their feet within a couple of months because they genuinely have the motivation to do better for themselves, and those are the people who generally do not ask for handouts.

Oprah actually did a show that caught my attention awhile ago about homelessness where she interviewed a group of people who made a documentary in which a homeless man was given $100,000 to do anything he wanted with. He was not a drug addict, and he was not mentally or physically disabled. With the money he was also given free access to a financial planner. What does the guy do? First he goes out and buys a $35,000 truck, and buys his friend an $8,000 car. He rents a hotel room and sleeps on the floor. He gives thousands of dollars to his family. By the same time next year he was not only broke, but in debt. The documentary was meant to be a social experiment, and in the end I think it showed what most people believed to be true in the first place - that homelessness for the most part is a choice, and a state of mind certain people choose to live in.

#12386 - 10/08/08 09:38 PM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: Succubus666]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
I know what its like to be on the streets working a shit job that will not keep a roof over you're head. But i never asked anyone for anything, Except maybe a shower.
Goddamn if i had a hundred thousand i would own this place i am renting, With plenty of money left over to get a better car, And put a good bit in the bank
Most homeless make being homeless there job because they have it in there heads that the world owes them. Or the drug they use has made them to where they just don't care about anything except the drug they are on. I meet plenty of those working for Labor Ready, And most them only worked when they couldn't hustle up the money fast enough. I hated working with them because they did not want to work, Ans it made me look bad. But normally the people i would work for took notice, And would give me a good report, So i could get another job the next day.5:AM is very early to wake up and not get to work the day.
I did meet a few good people, That did not deserve to be on the streets, But some times life throws you a hardcore curve ball and all you can do is work through it or give up.
I prefer to not give up. Being on the streets is not fun.

#24977 - 05/25/09 04:34 PM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: Succubus666]
lefthanded Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia,Us
 Originally Posted By: Tala de Sade
I agree that homelessness for the most part is a choice. There are some rare circumstances in which a person loses their home, or is being screwed over by the government and doesn’t have any support system such as family or friends. But those are the people who usually manage to get back on their feet within a couple of months because they genuinely have the motivation to do better for themselves, and those are the people who generally do not ask for handouts.

Oprah actually did a show that caught my attention awhile ago about homelessness where she interviewed a group of people who made a documentary in which a homeless man was given $100,000 to do anything he wanted with. He was not a drug addict, and he was not mentally or physically disabled. With the money he was also given free access to a financial planner. What does the guy do? First he goes out and buys a $35,000 truck, and buys his friend an $8,000 car. He rents a hotel room and sleeps on the floor. He gives thousands of dollars to his family. By the same time next year he was not only broke, but in debt. The documentary was meant to be a social experiment, and in the end I think it showed what most people believed to be true in the first place - that homelessness for the most part is a choice, and a state of mind certain people choose to live in.

Homelessness is just another excuse for the laziness in america and not only america but everywhere and it isnt completly choice but alot of people would rather not do shit and have nothing than work to get something although i will admit the economy is horrible right now and mcdonalds is full people can find work they are just to god damn lazy and if obama is anything like bush in the next4 years then we are all fucked but none of this is relative as me along with countless others think we wont be around for obamas 2nd term because of the forsaken ones arrival

#24979 - 05/25/09 04:57 PM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: lefthanded]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Goddamn, I didn't see a single punctuation mark in the gigantic run-on sentence that was your post. Please learn the ancient art of "sentences" and "paragraphs", not to mention capitalizing your proper nouns and the first letter at the beginning of sentences. It makes your posts very difficult to read when it's nothing but a giant text message.

Anyway...care to elaborate on your opinion of "the forsaken one's arrival?"

#25000 - 05/26/09 04:57 AM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: Nemesis]
Disabuse Offline

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
Goddamn, I didn't see a single punctuation mark in the gigantic run-on sentence that was your post. Please learn the ancient art of "sentences" and "paragraphs", not to mention capitalizing your proper nouns and the first letter at the beginning of sentences. It makes your posts very difficult to read when it's nothing but a giant text message.

I swear this seems familiar...

#26551 - 07/01/09 10:37 AM Re: Something for the homeless hater... [Re: Disabuse]
Satans Scrotum Offline
stranger

I give to the homeless sometimes, I once got drunk with a bunch of bums. I wanted to hear the stories they had, was an interesting experience. I'm financially stable, but I don't see myself as being better or anything.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.