Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#8506 - 05/08/08 11:01 AM Inside the Church of Satan
Amina Offline

Loc: Denmark
I don't know if anyone has discussed this movie yet. If I overlooked a discussion on the topic I'm sorry and I would be grateful to be directed to the discussion.

Has anyone see the new movie on The Church of Satan or read the news release and webpage on the movie, and does anyone has any comments or opinions on the topic? The News release can be found at this address: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/5/prweb919664.htm

I have not see the movie yet, but I am not too happy about the way they are selling the movie. I guess Gilmore want to have some of the publicity that LaVey had, but I don't think he has the needed charisma.

- Amina

#8510 - 05/08/08 02:58 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Amina]
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

Loc: Indiana
It's just a publicity stunt.

Quote:
December of 2007, the Catholic Pope formed exorcism squads to tackle the rising tide of Satanism across the world.

That right there is some hilarious, retarded shit. That really is Monty Python.

The Church of Satan has never looked more silly - it used to be that the "Mardi Gras" exterior was actually hiding something truly sinister, legit, and worthwhile, but now the Church of Satan is nothing except Mardi Gras.

I wonder what's next terms of Peter H. Gilmore pimping the organization?

#8516 - 05/08/08 06:04 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Xaulamyn]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Yes well, "One man risked his life...." is a bit rich, LOL.

Unless he was a virgin, they do still sacrifice virgins don't they? ;\)

I will watch it of course. Like any film, you can't judge it as good or bad until viewed. Will add more then.

Zeph

#8521 - 05/08/08 07:42 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I would think that those clips and pictures would be unsettling to those, who are not aware, of what is actually going on.

#8524 - 05/08/08 09:16 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Asmedious]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
And yet it comes across as humourous and almost tongue in cheek to us. Maybe that was the idea, if so, it was very cleverly done. Kind of like the layers of humour in say the Simpsons. Babies find it funny and so do adults and all ages in between.

Zeph

#8560 - 05/09/08 08:12 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I'll definitely see it, if only for a good chuckle.

#8612 - 05/11/08 03:57 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Nemesis]
Xutech Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
Perhaps its time they hired a media consultant.
#8630 - 05/12/08 08:34 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Asmedious]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
So, in your opinion Asmedious, what do you think is 'really' going on? For yes, things are not always what they appear to be ;\)

Edited by Euronymous (05/12/08 08:35 PM)

#8635 - 05/13/08 10:41 AM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Euronymous]
markus Offline
stranger

Loc: iraq (for now)
I just finished watching it and im pretty sure i would have been more entertained if i took the $8 i spent to watch it and got a haircut instead. There isnt anything in it that the majority of the people participating on this site don't already know. Just a heads up.
#8637 - 05/13/08 02:00 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: markus]
Amina Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: markus
There isnt anything in it that the majority of the people participating on this site don't already know. Just a heads up.

The PR I have read/seen looks like something that will not educate people on Satanism but just support the notion that satanists are dangerous occultism who like to show off there knives in rituals. You say that you learned nothing from the movie, but I would be surprised if any of the users of a satanic messageboard would learn much from a movie on Satanism (most documentaries being very superficial). But what about those who know nothing about Satanism? Does the movie educate them, or does the impression from the PR last? What do you think?

Does anyone who have seen "Speak of the Devil" and/or "Satanis" have any comments to share regarding comparisons? Better, worse, nothing like it or..?

- Amina

#8639 - 05/13/08 04:21 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Amina]
markus Offline
stranger

Loc: iraq (for now)
When was talking about learning something i meant about the CoS. I think it would give others a misinformed impression of Satanism by leading them to believe all satanists are like Gilmore.
#10296 - 07/19/08 03:31 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: markus]
Xande Offline
stranger

Loc: Arlington, TX, USA
My friend, if that is your opinion, please answer this relatively simple question: If several members of the Church of Satan are interviewed, including Peter Gilmore, why would one assume that the casual observer would automatically attribute his personal interpretation of Satanism to be the correct one...in spite of the handful of "testimonials" provided by other prominent members?

Granted, Gilmore is the current High Priest of the Church, but in the context of the film his personal views are cast alongside those of other members with slightly differing views, which suggests what we've espoused all along: Satanism is ultimately defined at the hands of the individual who wields it.

#10298 - 07/19/08 05:09 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Xande]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Xande
My friend, if that is your opinion, please answer this relatively simple question: If several members of the Church of Satan are interviewed, including Peter Gilmore, why would one assume that the casual observer would automatically attribute his personal interpretation of Satanism to be the correct one...in spite of the handful of "testimonials" provided by other prominent members?

Granted, Gilmore is the current High Priest of the Church, but in the context of the film his personal views are cast alongside those of other members with slightly differing views, which suggests what we've espoused all along: Satanism is ultimately defined at the hands of the individual who wields it.

Does the viewer know it if he isn't home into the occult?

#10300 - 07/19/08 05:35 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Dimitri]
Xande Offline
stranger

Loc: Arlington, TX, USA
I'm not saying this as a means to promote in-fighting or any similarly wrought ideal:

Read my statement. Analyze it.

My statement isn't grounded in "occult" practices.

My statement is grounded in common sense.

#10301 - 07/19/08 08:53 PM Re: Inside the Church of Satan [Re: Xande]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
Give up on this one dude - the term 'Troll' springs to mind.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.