Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8557 - 05/09/08 07:34 PM Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong
Succubus666 Offline

Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong
May 9, 2008

HOUSTON -- Three teenagers are accused of digging up a corpse, removing the head and using the skull as a bong to smoke marijuana, Houston police said. Matthew Richard Gonzalez and Kevin Wade Jones, both 17, and their 16-year-old friend were arrested Wednesday and charged with abuse of a corpse. Police said the trio told investigators they dug up a body from an Humble area cemetery in March, decapitated it and converted the head into a marijuana pipe.

Police said they do not have any physical evidence yet to confirm the story, but felt confident to pursue charges based on statements from the three teens. According to court documents, the grave belonged to Willie Simms, an 11-year-old boy who died in 1921. Houston police had not yet been able to make contact with any of Simms’ survivors.
Police were initially working on a stolen credit card case when they came upon Jones. According to court documents, it was during an interview about the credit card case that Jones told investigators about the grave theft.

It was Gonzalez who reportedly took authorities to the gravesite in an unkept cemetery along FM 1960 and showed them the hole where they dug up the body. Because of weather elements, police have been unable to confirm if a body or casket had been disturbed. 11 News did some checking and found this type of grave digging crime is not as uncommon as some might think. In 2006, there was a similar case in Vermont. An 18-year-old stole a human skull from a grave and used it to make a bong. The teen was convicted of two felonies and sentenced to 1 to 7 years in prison.

Teen Who Cut Off Corpse's Head To Make Bong Sentenced
June 29, 2006

ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. -- A Vermont teenager has been sentenced to prison for breaking into a tomb and cutting the head off a corpse. Nickolas Buckalew, 18, of Morrisville, Vt., pleaded guilty to two charges. One was a felony count of intentionally removing or injuring a tombstone. The other was a felony charge of intentionally disinterring and carrying away the remains of a human body.

Buckalew was sentenced to between one and seven years in prison and was given credit for serving 14 months while awaiting trial. On April 8, 2005, Buckalew broke into a tomb, opened the lid of a casket and cut off the head of a corpse. He stole eyeglasses and a bow tie from the dead man. He then wrapped the head in plastic bags and took it home, The Caledonian-Record reported.

The teen reportedly told friends that he planned to leave the head outside to dry and would then bleach it, a police affidavit said. The witnesses said his plan was to turn the skull into a bong -- a pipe generally used to smoke marijuana. Buckalew went to an apartment where some of his friends were and told them that he had chopped off the head because he was bored, according to The Caledonian-Record.

The witnesses said they then went to the tomb to see the casket and saw that the lid was removed and the body in the casket was headless. Morristown said that while executing a search warrant at Buckalew’s home, they found a human head wrapped in bags, a necktie, a hacksaw, crowbar, garden trowel and two small parts of the damaged casket, according to the newspaper.

A psychiatrist has diagnosed Buckalew with mental health issues. Dr. Philip Kinsler, a clinical psychologist and adjunct assistant professor of psychiatry at the Dartmouth Medical School in Hanover, N.H., testified that Buckalew “has always felt extraordinarily out of place” and that Buckalew said he tried to hang himself when he was a child.
After the incident, the victim's widow, the only family member in the area, was told of the vandalism.

“The widow was in shock,” the chief of police said. “She did not want any information. She did not want to know any details.” Buckalew addressed the court after his sentencing, saying, “It was a horrendous thing that I did -- what I did was appalling. I didn't think of the victim.” He went on to say he wants to get help for his mental problems. He's been sent to a residential treatment program for juveniles.

#8600 - 05/10/08 09:44 PM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: Succubus666]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Wow so other people have done this too...
Just kidding, but seriously.. Tala what are your opinions on this? Personally I find it ridiculously disrespective. You'd think in '08 people would know better then to dig up bodies. I can't believe someone would go on to disrupt some poor soul's resting place for there own amusement. How horrible the family of the corpses muct feel. I would be furious if my mother's grave was dug up. Much moreso if it was the grave of my child!

It's a sad sad day...

Then again this obviously isn't the first time nor the last it will ever happen. You'd think that these children should have been at least taught some morals and the decency to leave the resting to rest...

~~Snow~~.

#8626 - 05/12/08 07:16 PM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: PigFeeder]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Its really kinda sad and cheasp, since you can buy stuff over the internet, ebay, and local fleamarkets.
One of my good friends, got a nice skull about a month ago from a fleamarket in the city.

M

#8651 - 05/13/08 10:09 PM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: Morgan]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
It's a great idea, as long as one isn't going as far as to disturb and decapitate for childish kicks.

~~Snow~~.

#8692 - 05/15/08 07:39 AM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: Morgan]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Though it's not real. What good is a plastic skull on the shelf when you could have a real one.
Now I do understand the pain it might cause to the relatives. But like the boys of the previoius case, they dug up a corpse that had died almost 90 years ago, so who's going to mourn for his headless corpse...

#8698 - 05/15/08 06:37 PM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
It was a real one he bought at the flea market.
Its nyc, you can buy anything if you look in the right place/get lucky.
You can still buy medical stuff online (human skulls/bones), if you know where to look.

#8700 - 05/15/08 08:13 PM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: MaggotFaceMoe
What good is a plastic skull on the shelf when you could have a real one.

The good is you do not get a double felony and seven years in prison…

Originally Posted By: Morgan
Its nyc, you can buy anything if you look in the right place/get lucky.

NYC the one place I walked into a store a few years back and could have walked out with any medical item as long as I paid cash… I almost bought the chest spreader it looked so horror movie…

~T~

#8707 - 05/15/08 10:50 PM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: ta2zz]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
i dont smoke the pot, but if i had a human head bong, i totally would smoke the shit out of that thing.

i have a ...friend... who traded a human baby in a jar for an iron maiden tattoo. my...friend... named it Bob. because thats about all the little sucker does.

#8708 - 05/15/08 11:28 PM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: Bacchae]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Sounds like an interesting trade...

I just do not think I could smoke out of a head I dug up... Without first sterilizing the shit out of it...

~T~

Edited by ta2zz (05/15/08 11:29 PM)

#8716 - 05/16/08 06:07 AM Re: Police: Teens turned skull into pot bong [Re: ta2zz]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Yeah, guess so. Though the punishments don't seem to be as big here where I live. I wouldn't get 7 years even if I killed someone.

The good thing about working in the field of bodymodification is that we can get our hands on just about any medical equipment from the medical wholesale. At the time my favourite is this spreader gynecologists use... It can be a real mood lifter sometimes when the lights go out ;)(Not applied to my orifices though)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.