Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#9092 - 05/27/08 10:34 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: morgoth]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
We won't eat bugs but most of us will eat shrimp, and looking at them, one wonders if there's a big difference at all.

I think eating is pretty much a form of human insanity these days...I just want my caffeine, protein and antioxidants and I'm good to go.

I'm really upset today after learning some of the news coming out of the WWF and so forth on the decimation of the shark populations for shark fin soup. I hate modern East Asian culture.

#9110 - 05/27/08 05:39 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: 97and107]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Good point, although despite their name, shrimp do put forth a quite sizeable amount of flesh. I know I don't eat the shell's legs, poo tube etc anyway. Maybe that's all the difference.

Some big juicy cricket bodeis might be food for thought.

Zeph

#9258 - 05/30/08 10:41 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Rune Darksinger Offline
stranger

Loc: New Jersey
i ate a cricket in a lollipop once...some nacho cheese mealworms...

also: escargot, sea urchin roe, alligator, turtle, frog, ostrich, kangaroo, buffalo, yak, reindeer, goat, conch, octopus, squid...other things...

#9654 - 06/17/08 06:36 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Rune Darksinger]
LucidDayDream Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada B.C.
lol Wow there are some are some weird things that have been eaten.
What an amusing thread! haha
Ok, things i've eaten that are weird are,
moose heart, moose nose, moose eyeballs, moose brains.
We would put the moose on a rope and spin it over a fire basically all day.. cut out the tongue add a dash of salt, take a bite and pass it on.
My personal favorite is the intestines XD, put them on the tap like a hose and rinse out all the poop.. slice it open, soak it in vingear for a day or two and cook it up mmmmmmm.
Another thing i've eaten is a chipmunk.
My cousin and i couldn't find any grouse to shoot, and we were taught to only shoot what you are going to eat, so we gave up and shot some chipmunks! These ones were from the Yukon where there aren't many people, or much pollution. They were surprising delicious! \:\)

There's also a delicacy up there called moose potatoes, you have to be an elder to eat them, because, the belief is that the energy in them is too strong for young ones. What is it ? Well if a female deer is accidentally shot, and is pregnant. The baby inside lives off of these potato like things inside the mother >.<!!

I've also eaten all kinds of wild roots that you can dig up if you need to survive, beaver tail, rabbit, bear, fish head soup. (ewww)
Think that's it for me!!

#9857 - 06/28/08 04:48 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: LucidDayDream]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Wow, chipmunk? That's hysterical. I can imagine that they would be tasty llittle fuckers actually...indubitably...LOL

My old dog ate a few Bilbies, but I guess we never thought to try them too. LOL

Zeph

#9887 - 06/28/08 09:09 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: ZephyrGirl]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Bilbies are endangered with only 600 left in the wild... These look more edible even if a little weird...

Easter Bilbies

~T~

#9893 - 06/29/08 12:34 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: ta2zz]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

I know, but there are more of them in certain 'outback' places than maybe they would like to have you beleive. You try telling an Australian Cattle Dog, that he just caught and ate an 'endangered' species and see how much he cares. LOL

And yes, being an Aussie I know all about he chocolate ones...

Zeph

#10387 - 07/30/08 06:00 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: ZephyrGirl]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

On the news this morning, there was a story about a man that got lost in the very remote area north of Kalgoolie, that survived the weekend by licking water off of rocks and eating termites.

Good on him!

Zeph

#10419 - 08/01/08 04:30 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: ZephyrGirl]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
lutefisk, Scandinavian fermented fish

the contents of a petri dish

Scottish delicacies:
haggis
black pudding (blood sausage)
deep fried pizza
deep fried pie

A Korean once told me that dog is best served properly tenderized. You get it drunk and slowly beat it to death. Maaybe that's what the guy on the moped was doing.

#10429 - 08/01/08 10:51 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: coelentrate]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Ok, now I am intrigued. Deep fried pizza and pie? Please elaborate. I am of the opinion you could deep fry a tire and it would taste good. I'm sure everyone is aware of some of the deep fried delacacies that can be found at fairs and carnivals. Such as....Twinkies, Oreos, pickles, and corn dogs. I have not seen pizza though. I love deep fried Oreos. I didn't care for the pickles.

#10436 - 08/01/08 08:19 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: fakepropht]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I once had deep-fried Pepsi. Yes, Pepsi. Somehow they managed to inject the soda in a hollow ball of dough and plop it in the fryer. Didn't taste bad, didn't taste great. It was leaking through the batter into the paper cup before I even started eating it. It wasn't fizzy either.

#10437 - 08/02/08 02:42 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: fakepropht]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
In Scotland there aren't as many fast food chain places. There's only two McDonalds and one Burger King in a city of 200,000. Instead, we've got fry shops. They have an enormous vat of fry oil, and they keep the same oil for months. They fry everything they serve. Most popular dishes are fish and chips, and white pudding. White pudding is a sausage that's almost pure fat. It's white like fat. Yes, they batter and deep fry that fucker. Ick! They also batter and fry their hamburger patties.

They have little pies filled with steak and gravy and they deep fry those intact. The pie crust get's very crispy, and even greasier than it was before. They have little 10 inch pizzas that they fry too. The cheesy part doesn't get so crisp. In fact, it looks likle half the cheese melts and falls off into the fryer. The crust gets very crispy. It was damn tasy but my stomach wasn't too pleasesd with me 5 minutes later.

A friend of a friend, a native Scot, went overseas and was taken out for pizza. He said "what's this, I thought we were going for pizza? This hasn't been fried."

I hear that at Mall of America you can get deep fried cheesecake slices on a stick.

#13110 - 10/21/08 02:15 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: morgoth]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

Apart from as a kid, having an Ant eating competition with a friend.. i would opt for eat brain.

My grandfather is a master butcher, and they made a dish, and its main meat ingredient was Pork brain..

it have to say, it was actually pretty nice.
too bad it never made me smarter though...

HS!

#13173 - 10/21/08 10:45 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Marilyn]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

A few years ago some friends and I melted a bunch of gummy bears in the microwave and then dipped mushrooms in it. That was an interesting night.

#13174 - 10/21/08 10:54 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Insects, the still beating heart of fish, some middle-eastern dishes with god knows what in it, eyes, pretty much everything with tenticles, pig and goat guts...I think thats it.

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.202 seconds of which 0.172 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.