Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#13178 - 10/21/08 11:12 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: blsk]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Tonight, one of my favorite shows "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern", held a special Halloween viewer party. They selected viewers to attend a "feast". This was the menu, as much as I can remember.
crickets
ants
fried water beetles
fried hissing cockroaches
fried grasshoppers
fried tarantulas
raw blood
raw kidney
raw liver
roasted guinea pig

That's a contest I really don't want to win. I got the impression some of the winners were thinking the same thing.

#13185 - 10/22/08 01:43 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: fakepropht]
Nykky Offline
stranger

Loc: Northern CA
I'm the only one who has eaten poop in here? Gross, I know. It was an accident though, but it did get swallowed. It was gross and it came back up about 10 minutes later. I was 15.

I've also eaten crickets, ants, snake, squirrel, and a potato bug. I got $50 for eating the potato bug but it wasn't worth it and I'm scared to death of those things. It tasted horrible and I puked it up after I swallowed it.

#13303 - 10/22/08 07:47 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
A few years ago some friends and I melted a bunch of gummy bears in the microwave and then dipped mushrooms in it. That was an interesting night.

I wonder why it was an interesting night....
if the mushrooms were Hawaiian mushrooms, am sure gummy bears would come to life ;\) ;\) ;\) \:D

HS!

#13304 - 10/22/08 07:49 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Nykky]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Nykky
I'm the only one who has eaten poop in here? ....

what "possessed" you to try that?

yuk...

i have a mate who has also tried to eat "poop", but he can not remember why he did it

HS!

#13315 - 10/22/08 08:38 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Marilyn]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Not they werent Hawaiian just some local psilocybin. That is one of the reasons I like Oregon.

#13336 - 10/23/08 02:17 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Marilyn]
Nykky Offline
stranger

Loc: Northern CA
 Originally Posted By: Marilyn

yuk...

i have a mate who has also tried to eat "poop", but he can not remember why he did it

It's not that I wanted to do it. It was because me and some girl in high school were in a fight in the field. She had gotten me on the ground and well there was some poop there. Unfortunately she saw the poop to. Not only did I accidentally eat poop, I got my ass kicked that day.

#13345 - 10/23/08 02:19 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Nykky]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Nykky
 Originally Posted By: Marilyn

yuk...

It's not that I wanted to do it. It was because me and some girl in high school were in a fight in the field. She had gotten me on the ground and well there was some poop there. Unfortunately she saw the poop to. Not only did I accidentally eat poop, I got my ass kicked that day.

oh, damn,

i bet that went down well with everyone else.
i can just imagine the embarrassments of it all. that is nearly as bad shitting ur pants in class.

sorry to hear about the bad day \:\(

HS!

#13798 - 11/02/08 11:33 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Marilyn]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Well; blood pancakes.
My mom made them all the time when I was a pup.
Covered them with syrup.
Real tasty..

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#13802 - 11/03/08 10:37 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Woland]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I have heard and seen blood sausage, but blood pancakes?
How would you make them?

M.

#13804 - 11/03/08 12:13 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Morgan]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

4 dl blood*
4 dl milk
4 dl barley flour
1 egg
1 tbs dark syrup
tsp salt
dash of white pepper
dash of marjoram
butter for frying

*Bottles of blood for cooking can be found from the frozen food section of the grocery shops in Finland.

From Here

I am now totally grossed out... Just the equal amounts of blood and milk do it for me... I would imagine as a kid eating them seemed normal in his neck of the woods...

Frozen bottles of blood for cooking yum... Hell it's 2008 do they now sell flavored blood or blood infused with spices...

Now that I know blood pancakes exist, I will do my best to never find them on my plate... \:\)

~T~

#13807 - 11/03/08 01:18 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: ta2zz]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Ta2zz, what you describe here, sounds very much like the "thing" that my family would make, back in the old country.

My grandmother would slice the neck of a chicken or two, and have them bleed out into a pan. Then they would add some ingredients to the thing, such as salt, pepper, and what ever, then fry it all up. It would solidify. They claimed it tasted like liver. Now, personally, I do like liver, but if someone wants something that tastes like it, I don't see why not just make liver.

Non the less, they thought it was great. But these are the same people that would eat every part of the chicken, except for the beak. Although, I've never even seen a beak left over. Makes one wonder ;\)

Oh, and yes, incase anyone has a wise crack about "who ate the feathers?," they at times used them as well to make pillows and stuff.

I guess when you were raised at a time, when fallen horses from combat were considered a delicacy and a treat, you learned not to waste to much.

Edited by Asmedious (11/03/08 01:20 PM)

#13810 - 11/03/08 03:53 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: blsk]
.:Autumn:. Offline
stranger

Loc: Wisconsin
The only odd thing I've eaten is a "Cannibal Sandwich". Also known as "Raw Beef". Popular here in Wisconsin. It's raw lean ground round spread onto either hard or soft rye bread then topped with salt, pepper and onions if you prefer.

Very tasty. Usually used for a holiday spread but popular during cookouts as well.

#13811 - 11/03/08 05:02 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: .:Autumn:.]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: .:Autumn:.
The only odd thing I've eaten is a "Cannibal Sandwich". Also known as "Raw Beef". Popular here in Wisconsin. It's raw lean ground round spread onto either hard or soft rye bread then topped with salt, pepper and onions if you prefer.

Very tasty. Usually used for a holiday spread but popular during cookouts as well.

Well, eating raw beef would not seem odd to me.
i eat allot of raw meat, and have found that beef is best. pork is another good one that falls into the raw category.

i have to say, i did chance raw chicken once, and it give me the shits really bad, and it made me vomit too much..
i would call it a salmonella surprise,,not very good.

another thing i do like, and if there is any Scottish people here, they will know what i mean.I absolutely love haggis.
for those that are not familiar with it, it is a steamed pudding made of finely minced sheep heart, lungs and liver cooked inside a cleaned out sheep's stomach.

sounds allot worse that what it is,

more or less comes down to the rule of mind over matter (for those wanting to test it)

HS!

#13823 - 11/03/08 10:01 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: .:Autumn:.]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
but popular during cookouts as well.

They call them cookouts for a reason. Because you are supposed to be doing some cooking . LOL.

Not that weird, but this weekend I am going to smoke a log of bologna(let the gay jokes begin) and then grill it for smoked grilled bologna sandwiches.

Out of curiosity, would these blood pancakes be served with any toppings? Like we serve ours with syrup, butter, whipped cream., etc.

#13827 - 11/03/08 11:05 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: fakepropht]
mondomon Offline
stranger

Loc: washington
I'd have to say that the weirdest thing I have ever eaten is a chocolate donut ball (those Hostes things) wrapped in a slab of Salami. I ate it out of boredom and it turned out to be pretty damn good, the few others that were adventurous to try it enjoyed them as well.

Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.