Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#57800 - 07/30/11 02:28 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: a. don]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
I worked as a sushi chef for about 5 years. I started off as a sushi bitch. I forget the actual Japanese name for it . But I was the dude that did all the shitty prep work and cleaning. Eventually I became a real chef. Part of the initiation is they make you eat nasty shit. I had to drink/eat a cup full of saki , salmon eggs, flying fish roe,squid brains,quail eggs and sea urchin .

#57811 - 07/30/11 06:45 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Zach_Black]
Hegesias Offline

How awful. All that protein mixed with alcohol. Not saying I'd like to drink fish slop, but anyway, your description, in some way, reminded me of the feminine hygiene to be encountered in English bars. Whilst cunnilingus being my favourite sushi dish, I have had to refrain from putting some rather poorly prepared dishes anywhere near my mouth. Still, if one becomes hungry enough.

#58193 - 08/14/11 06:39 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Hegesias]
Al'Shanti Offline
lurker

Ugh, eating roe was the worst experience for my tongue. Too salty, and the texture just made me want to gag. Foie gras, is also something I would not recommend, unless you enjoy having something brown and tasting of butter to coat your tongue and pallet. I swear, if I ever see that stuff again, I'll chuck it at the nearest wall.

I'm actually fond of trying things at least once, food wise anyways. There was one time I was served what looked like meatballs in a red sauce. It was really good, but I noticed that my friends were laughing so hard they couldn't breathe. Naturally, I was perplexed by their attitude, and when it came down to tell me what I had eaten, I threw it all up, and beat the living daylights out of my friends.

What I had eaten, sad to say, were a plate of Rocky Mountain Oysters. Or, commonly known as Bull Balls.

#58240 - 08/16/11 04:58 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Al'Shanti]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Last week a few friends and I made an impromptu trip to the coast. On our way we passed a little roadside business with signs advertising over 60 different kinds of jerky. After a little discussion we flipped a U-turn and went to check it out.

Inside was jerky Heaven and we spent about $60 on jerky: alligator, wild boar, elk, salmon, ostrich, yak, venison, antelope, buffalo and turkey.

The yak jerky was definitely the best but they were all very, very good. I plan on going back in a few months when the owner said he would crocodile and shark jerky.

#58355 - 08/20/11 02:04 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
WOW! I would love to try some of the jerky... mostly to be able to say you have eaten the various animals, but a buddy of mine liked to go and get random jerky(ies) from a place where he goes 'shroom hunting in the spring. two of the better ones were the "Apple/Jack" and then "Superman"... apple jack was of course apples and jack daniel's while the superman started to burn a little bit and then kept getting worse... it was amazingly hot.

#59180 - 09/18/11 02:35 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Rein Offline
stranger

Loc: Richmond, VA
Not nearly as strange sounding as some of the meat selections I've read here, but Durian Fruit. I picked it up at my local asian market. I have never eaten a fruit before that tastes like gym socks and has the consistency of tapioca with fibers running through it. The smell doesn't help when you are trying to eat it. If you ever need a stink bomb set one of these out to ripen for a day, just cracking the box open will give you hours of work getting it out of the room.

#60162 - 10/17/11 10:50 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Rein]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Does a handful of live harvestmen count? They have a sort of bittersweet taste to them, but you have to remember to pick the legs off first, or else they'll stick to the back of your throat.

...it's amazing what you'll eat during a camping trip.

I've tried Rocky Mountain Oysters, but I knew what they were beforehand, so it ostensibly spoiled my expectations. There are very few occasions when anyone should put balls in their mouth, unless someone's getting off in the process.

Edited by The Zebu (10/17/11 10:53 PM)

#60169 - 10/17/11 11:53 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: The Zebu]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
10 year old cheese (a European "delicacy"). Looks like ear wax, tastes worse.

#60181 - 10/18/11 08:26 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: felixgarnet]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: felixgarnet
10 year old cheese (a European "delicacy"). Looks like ear wax, tastes worse.

So if I get this straight the actual weirdest thing you have eaten is earwax and you found it more palatable than 10 year old cheese.

Thought hard and reread the thread and I'll be damned I'm pretty fucking boring in the foods I eat as well as fussy over food temperatures and textures. When I was younger I did the ketchup on mashed potatoes or rice thing for a few months.

Weird but good from my younger years is Cheerios or Rice Krispies with vanilla ice cream.

~T~

#60186 - 10/18/11 11:27 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: ta2zz]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
"So if I get this straight the actual weirdest thing you have eaten is earwax and you found it more palatable than 10 year old cheese."

I suppose so . . . yeah.
Unless you count the chocolate bullet laced with chilli powder in a game of confectionery Russian roulette when I was younger. About 42. \:\)

#60282 - 10/20/11 08:55 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: felixgarnet]
Vondraco Offline
stranger

Loc: Houston, TX
Cow's brains? Twice actually.

One line posts are frowned upon here.... Morgan

Edited by Morgan (10/20/11 02:08 PM)
Edit Reason: warning/information

#60305 - 10/20/11 06:34 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Vondraco]
Vondraco Offline
stranger

Loc: Houston, TX
 Originally Posted By: Vondraco
Cow's brains? Twice actually.

One line posts are frowned upon here.... Morgan

Ah, well, Morgan, I certainly apologize. Let Me try to phrase this in a format less likely to be frowned upon:

In response to the topic "weirdest things you have eaten" Ny own contribution is that I have eaten cow's brains. I have actually done so (eaten cow's brains) on two separate occasions. This is the weirdest thing I have eaten of which I can think.

Certainly more than a "one line post" but containing essentially the same information. Let Me add more information just in case:

I bought raw cow's brains at a local butcher shop in Pittsburgh and cooked them Myself. I did so because I just wanted to try them and so I could say that I actually had done so. (Opportunities such as this topic in this forum were foreseen.) The first time I cooked them they were actually quite tasty, though the second time not so much. I think that I didn't cook them as thoroughly as I needed to the second time.

Again, Morgan, I apologize for My unintended infraction of the etiquette rules here. I humbly beg your forgiveness and promise to try to avoid such mistakes in the future.

#60325 - 10/21/11 09:23 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Vondraco]
Managor Offline

Cinnamon covered goat. That's really the weirdest thing I've eaten. Other than that..Probably dog shit when I was a baby.
#60367 - 10/23/11 12:08 PM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Managor]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: Managor
Cinnamon covered goat. That's really the weirdest thing I've eaten. Other than that..Probably dog shit when I was a baby.

LMAO! Reminds me of what my mother used to tell me... I would eat anything as a child, and dog shit was one of them. The other was just worms... she said I would pull them out of the ground after a good rain and eat the worms... she said I had so much dirt in my stomach she would not be surprised if they can survive in there. And being a child, it scared the hell out of me thinking I had worms in me so I never ate another one.

#60981 - 11/03/11 02:59 AM Re: Weirdest Things You Have Eaten [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Tropix Offline
stranger

Loc: Minneapolis
Meatloaf with melted Kraft singles on top was served for dinner. They say not to bite the hand that feeds you, but if this is what you are being fed, it could actually be a good idea.
Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.