Page 4 of 10 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#9517 - 06/11/08 06:20 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: fakepropht]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
the only thing i hate more than someone who memorizes an ideology is a liberal with a communist ideology.

its the epitome of white lightedness in a secular manifestation.

and fuck that borg Hillary too.

“a communist reads Marx and Lenin. An anti-communist understands Marx and Lenin.” -Ronald Reagan

#9523 - 06/11/08 05:17 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Agrippa]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I was born in a so called “communist country,” which was a satellite of the Soviet Union, so when I say that Communism will never work, because it goes against the very nature of humanity I speak from some experience.

The interesting part is, that while visiting my country occasionally, while it was still under the Iron fist of communism, it appeared to be doing well, and the people were relatively happy. I would even go as far, as saying, that they were happier then the people in the United States.
Food was very inexpensive, and the government did provide housing.

Generally speaking, as far as I saw, most people lived close to the same economic level. There weren’t any very wealthy people, and very few that were very poor. As far as I know, no one had to go hungry.

However, the economy turned out to be a farce. It survived for years on borrowed funds, and borrowed time. The general populace did not have an incentive, nor a motivation to produce more, then the absolute bare requirement, because there were no bonuses for being motivated and productive.

Medical care was free, but realistically, a very high percentage of the doctors expected to be paid under the table, to ensure proper care and service.

The cream of the crop of the populace, such as researchers and scientists, often left (illegally) and immigrated to other nations where their talents, and learning would be appreciated and paid for.

When a person wanted to buy a new car, they at first would have to save up for it, which took many years. Then they would place their order for a vehicle, pay for it, then wait several more YEARS before delivery. Often times they didn’t even have the option to chose the color, and the product was junk.

People were afraid to speak their minds if it went against the government, because a possible midnight visit from the “party” was a real possibility.

On the positive side, serious crime was very rare.
On the negative side, so was due process. It wasn’t uncommon for the cops to drag a suspect into the station, and beat the crap out of them.
I have to admit, that this practice did deter small time criminals, which was a plus.

The only people that got ahead, were the ones who knew how to play the system, and buy and sell on the black market. These are the same individuals, that when communism fell, became very rich.

For example, I had an acquaintance who ran a bar. He did not make a profit from sales, but instead was paid a salary by the government.
However, he would buy liquor and beer from a store, then sell that and keep the profits.

The fact that communism doesn’t work, without capitalism, is proven by China. They make products that capitalists buy, because said capitalists have money to spend. Without the capitalists, China would not have a market to sell their junk to and would eventually collapse financially. (My opinion)

As was stated previously, people do not want to be equal. What they would like, is certain guarantees, such as housing, and medical care. However, someone has to pay for this, and the ones that are willing to accept and live on the minimum, would still be like vampires, who suck the life out of those that actually produce.

If there is no substantial incentive to those that produce, then most people would not care to go beyond the very minimal amount of work that they can get away with.

#9540 - 06/12/08 07:08 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: fakepropht]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Seems like Propht got to it before I had a chance to, dang.. I have one thing to say though, your views on Communism are quite the opposite the actual reality. Take a look at current Communism countries; ever spoken to anyone forced to be ruled by Communism. Most despise it.. It is not freedom as a whole or as a person, quite the opposite. You are asked not express yourself and are forced to work FOR the country, not for yourself.

Hail Satan DOES mean Hail Thyself. It doesn't mean, "Help The World and Everyone Else Out.."

~Snow~.

Reply to: Not Propht..

Edited by PigFeeder (06/12/08 07:11 AM)
Edit Reason: Reply To:

#10186 - 07/12/08 05:52 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Isaak w shipley]
redstar Offline
lurker

Loc: northen california
well hello this is my first time so please, have some understanding,,
I just want to bring back the original topic "what makes you a Satanist "
Im here to figure that out,.
My whole life I been confused about who I am. but two weeks ago I came to find a black bible at the local salvation army, stuck in the middle of a old dresser, I pick the book up.. After that so many things made sense about the way I was living my life.
These whole time I felt alone... Now things seem more clear. I want to find my self and this place makes me feel good..
any answers are welcome Thanx

#10193 - 07/12/08 03:55 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: redstar]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: redstar
well hello this is my first time so please, have some understanding,,
I just want to bring back the original topic "what makes you a Satanist "
Im here to figure that out,.

Good so far you capitalize your I when speaking of yourself… Very good start…

The original question was directed at you the reader… What makes “you” a Satanist…

My whole life I been confused about who I am.

As many young people are…

but two weeks ago I came to find a black bible at the local salvation army, stuck in the middle of a old dresser, I pick the book up..

By the black bible I take it you mean “The Satanic Bible”… Welcome to the beginning… Warning ignorance is truly bliss… Once the blinders are off they no longer fit…

After that so many things made sense about the way I was living my life.

So the book fit you or you fit the book?

These whole time I felt alone... Now things seem more clear. I want to find my self and this place makes me feel good..
any answers are welcome Thanx

The real answers you seek cannot come from any of us… The answers are inside of you, only you walk your path… Read and educate yourself on things you enjoy… Live life to its fullest…

Enjoy your stay here at the forum and revolving with us around the sun…

Peace

~T~

#10208 - 07/13/08 12:41 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: ta2zz]
blackrose Offline
stranger

"The real answers you seek cannot come from any of us… The answers are inside of you, only you walk your path..."

This is totally accurate; it's the response I would have given! Satanism is within yourself, and only you can decide for yourself how you want to live your life. That said, being a Satanist also means taking 100% responsibility for all that you say and do. It also means knowing you have the power within you to accomplish what you want, without relying on some vague, christian notion of "god".

#10306 - 07/20/08 04:19 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Isaak w shipley]
steph Offline
lurker

In reguards to people thinking if you need to ask these sort of questions you are trying to label yourself, i don't completely agree. I too am new to confirmed Satanism, as in i have only just read the Satanic Bible and identified myself with its principles, and would have asked the same question just to see whats the go, I hardly want to be criticized or ridiculed by other satanists who are more familiar with satanist ways. I don't think you are trying to hard, just clearing things up.
#10307 - 07/20/08 11:52 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Japster]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
A very simple, but honest answer, as to what makes me a “Satanist” is that, I am no longer capable of being anything else.

As “Ta2zz” pointed out, once the blinders come off, they will no longer fit.
I couldn’t agree more with that. Once a person decides to see the world in a truly objective way, it gets more and more difficult to swallow societies bullshit.

This is not always a positive thing when it comes to socialization, and fitting in. Personally, I find that when I still had my blinders on, it was much easier to go through the daily grind and to play the “game.”

I find it interesting that in my case, many Christian proverbs and sayings truly apply to Satanism.
For instance, the one about having the amount of “faith” equivalent to the size of a mustard seed, which will in time grow into a big mustard tree, bush, or what ever the hell mustard seeds turn into. Something really big anyway. This principle works the other way around as well. If one has just enough doubt, equivalent to the size of a mustard seed, that doubt and questioning might grow the same way as blind “faith” does.

Figuratively speaking, in many cases, if we give the devil the chance to put his foot in the door, in time he will be in our house completely, and eventually there is no getting rid of him, nor would we really want to.

However, what most “Newbies” fail to realize, is how difficult “Satanism” can be. It is quite challenging for a person with eyes, to go through a very large society of blind people without bumping into some of them head on. Although we may see them coming, and try to avoid them, those blind fuckers just keep coming out of the wood work, and eventually they will bump into us, and our sight scares the shit out of them, and they want to make us blind as well.

The ones who fail at Satanism eventually, are the ones who cannot stand to see, and eventually pluck their own eyes out, because it is more comfortable to walk among the blind as a blind person. Yet, eventually even this will become impossible, because once one has truly seen, instead of just “felt,” the images and knowledge becomes part of the person and they cannot go back to ignorance, even if they wished to do so.

So take a lesson kiddies, it might be easier to listen to your parents, and keep the devil at bay, because once he gets a hold of you, he aint letting go.

*jumping off soap box*

Edited by Asmedious (07/20/08 11:55 AM)

#10340 - 07/25/08 02:11 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Asmedious]
Orpheus Offline
lurker

Hello this is my first time so please, have some understanding,,

I was born as a christian, and lived among the christian ambient. I used to be a good christian. Until i realized that I was corrupted by the hatred of myself. I hate when i saw people withnesses about the God, they looks so hypocrite to me. I hate when i saw people killing each other by speaking in the name of God. Along with the time this hatred corrupted me. I no longer worship the Jesus. I felt that i was forsaken by the God. Now i realize that i belongs here. But still I won't worship Satan nor the Jesus. I'm not marked myself as a satan's minion, considering myself as one of his ally. I just wanna find that path, the path to the place where i should be.

#10345 - 07/25/08 07:32 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Orpheus]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
The path to where you should be is in front of you.
Go read, go get information.
Make an informed decision.

Go read the Satanic Bible.
There is actually a free copy in the media room.

It doesnt matter if you hate people, or hypocrites, but why hate yourself? You choose your life, you make your own decisions, if you are not happy change it and choose something different.

Morgan

#10350 - 07/26/08 10:33 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Morgan]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Above all things the Left Hand Path requires love of self. If you cannot find it in yourself to do this, may I suggest Secular Humanism?

#10361 - 07/27/08 01:09 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Fist]
ubertrog Offline
stranger

Ever since I was old enough to know what pain was, I've given the latter half of my life's ambition over to satan. You know how some people "give it up to God" when they can't figure out why their life isn't working out for them? When I think the world is shit, and it's not my fault, I think about how it should be, and who's fault it is that it isn't the way I want it. Then I basically hope the worst for whomever is in the way, and wait until I come across another situation exactly like that one. I definately think that there is a God, and I definately think that he is a selfish man with no time or energy for myself, and he feels that it is in his best interest to look down on people like myself for many reasons, and wouldn't have the balls to face me in a social setting or ask of me a favor. Satan on the other hand, encourages me to empower myself, and not give all of the credit over to him as I take baby steps into a false reality. I think that you become a satanist when you know that it's ok to ignore as many people as it takes to prove to yourself that you are right.
#10368 - 07/29/08 07:07 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: ubertrog]
Xande Offline
stranger

Loc: Arlington, TX, USA
 Quote:
Ever since I was old enough to know what pain was, I've given the latter half of my life's ambition over to satan. You know how some people "give it up to God" when they can't figure out why their life isn't working out for them?

You've "given" your life over to Satan? Satanism at heart is about the exaltation of Self, and making decisions to better oneself as deemed fit through a self-possessed set of intrinsic values. Thus, no sacrifice of individual values can be in any way conducive to Satanism. Since you used the phrase "give it up to god" as a means to further illustrate your point, one can easily determine the process you're using to identify yourself as a Satanist is identical to the one used by Christians to arrive at their theistic designation.

Quote:
When I think the world is shit, and it's not my fault, I think about how it should be, and who's fault it is that it isn't the way I want it. Then I basically hope the worst for whomever is in the way, and wait until I come across another situation exactly like that one.

Besides being an absolutely horrendous misuse of the English language, this statement contains an equally horrendous supposition: your environment, as well as the social structure it houses, is beyond your ability to change it. That is patently false. Should you desire a true change, it is well within your power to facilitate such a change, in accordance with your will. Anything less is accepting slavery by proxy.

Quote:
I definately think that there is a God, and I definately think that he is a selfish man with no time or energy for myself, and he feels that it is in his best interest to look down on people like myself for many reasons, and wouldn't have the balls to face me in a social setting or ask of me a favor.

Even if god existed, would he owe you any time or energy? Based on what I've read, most deities require some sort of advance praise for their work in order to shower you with the attention you so desperately desire...which is a decidedly human characteristic.

Quote:
Satan on the other hand, encourages me to empower myself, and not give all of the credit over to him as I take baby steps into a false reality.

Satan, much like god, encourages you to do nothing, as both do not exist. It's fairly obvious at this point you haven't the slightest grasp on Satanism, and are relying on the mediagenic portrayal of "devil worship" to provide your framework. I'll call a spade a spade - you're a heretical Christian. I do realize batting for the other team can be fun, and I hope you'll realize at some point that both teams simply do not exist, and you're little more than a man in an empty field with a stick, swinging wildly.

Quote:
I think that you become a satanist when you know that it's ok to ignore as many people as it takes to prove to yourself that you are right.

Ignoring other people and their respective viewpoints to cling to what could possibly be a falsehood doesn't make you a Satanist. It makes you a moron.

#10375 - 07/29/08 10:20 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Xande]
ubertrog Offline
stranger

All things aside, I think I can prove you correct in calling me a moron when I say that I can't ignore what you just said. What I meant by saying "ignoring" people is that there is a majority out there that believes in "christ" or "god" or "the devil", and they are all wrong. What satan gives you is the opportunity to say that all of those people can be placed on an even playing field with you, if you just realize that you have the same potential as they do. I think that the satanist can have the same potential as god if he or she chooses to make the correct choices. If there indeed are gods, and also satan, as well as all of us, then, we have to, as directed by Satanism itself, point out the character defects that those deities may have, and exploit them as different than our own triats. I think that we have an upper hand over god and we are very lucky, and satan was just intelligent enough to point that out to us all.
#10376 - 07/29/08 10:35 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: ubertrog]
Xande Offline
stranger

Loc: Arlington, TX, USA
 Quote:
What I meant by saying "ignoring" people is that there is a majority out there that believes in "christ" or "god" or "the devil", and they are all wrong.

This is followed by...

Quote:
I think that we have an upper hand over god and we are very lucky, and satan was just intelligent enough to point that out to us all.

Besides the obvious contradiction in the two quotations above, when placed in direct parallel of your directly admitting to believe in the Christian definition of both god and Satan in your earlier text, it would seem that you have quite the amorphous strand of views in reference to Satanism.

Also, I didn't call you a moron. I merely stated that a viewpoint such as the one you described is a very moronic one. I'm not attempting to fight with you. I'll say no more on the matter.

Page 4 of 10 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.