Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#10397 - 07/31/08 01:57 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Japster]
sipple2004 Offline
lurker

Loc: Logan, WV US
To me, Satanism is just a lifestyle some of us are sensible enough to live. If you live like a satanist and believe as one. And if you are familiar with all of the Satanic rituals and behaviors, then you are a satanist. This isn't Christianity. We don't need to be baptized. We are already who we are and were.

#10398 - 07/31/08 02:03 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: redstar]
sipple2004 Offline
lurker

Loc: Logan, WV US
So far so good bro... I'm a newbie also, but u do what it takes to find your happiness. Fuck everyone else... some are meant for this lifestyle and some aren't and some are too afraid to be open minded enough to learn about it. You will find your path. As will I.

#10809 - 08/20/08 05:56 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Isaak w shipley]
banned
stranger

Loc: Hell
Blood Line my great great great grandfather was one of the satanic founders from back in the day

Alister Crowley photo of him at age 14 is my avatar and we look just alike

#10841 - 08/21/08 03:58 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: ]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By:
Blood Line my great great great grandfather was one of the satanic founders from back in the day

Alister Crowley photo of him at age 14 is my avatar and we look just alike

Words like these really are funny.
There is no bloodline whatsoever in any religion. The only thing you can get from your ancesters are your genes and the biologist in me knows that "magical powers" or philosophy can't be given away to the children. (Except if they are being indoctrinated).

1) I have some doubts Crowley was the first Satanist ever. I'd say the first one was the first thinking individual who doesn't follow the group but leads them and stands out.
2) It is easy to claim you may look like him if you haven't posted a picture of yourself. In this case we have to take you on your word but as well thinking individuals we would like some proof.

#11155 - 09/01/08 11:36 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Japster]
Raziel LaVey Offline
stranger

I know that this must sound really stupid, but I do reall ywant to know what do you do to become a Satanist?

I've read the Satanic Bible now, but is there any specific things that needs to be done to become a Satanist. I've got no chance in doing a full ritual as I'm currently in prison so I dont have access to the equipment to do the ritual. I do really want to beocme a real Satanist with all the benefits, but how will I be able to do this. Is there any books on this?

You would be interested to know that it can be as simple as sitting and meditating on what Satan means to you. Simple acts of faith and devotion are all that is necessary.

He is a part of you, and if you are being real that's all that matters.

Edited by Raziel LaVey (09/01/08 11:37 PM)

#11256 - 09/06/08 11:12 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Raziel LaVey]
memphischick Offline
stranger

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee
I believe I was born a satanist but I was raised in a christan home, and hated every bit of it. I never really beived in the god they worshiped every sunday. I have always believed that I was my own person and could believe in what I want to believe in and not what people told me to believe.
I read gods bible and the Satanic Bible and the Satanic Bible was easier to understand and I liked what I was reading and from then on I have known. I have been disowned by some people in my family but if they can't accept who I am then thats thoier loss

#11717 - 09/21/08 09:53 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Japster]
Fabiano Offline

I'm discovering Lavey's Satanism, having already read half of the Satanic Bible.

I've been a theist satanis when I was a teen-ager, I then converted to christianism, but I didn't felt totaly well there. I took a step back from christianism but looking at boudhism side. But again, there are some non-sense, some "cul-de-sac" in some of their reasoning paths.

Recently, I was in trouble and I had a big anger against "the universe/ life / god /..."

"Seek & you'll find, knock and you'll be opened" they say. It's 20 years I find & seek sincerely.

I now realise I indeed always thought as a Satanist. I never considered as belonging to any church. I was rather disgusted by the difference between the acts and the words of the catholic church. I tried sincerely to follow Jesus, but it did not really brought me to hapiness. The same by practising meditation (mainly zen). I don't regret as I learned a lot in these experiences.

Now, I really feel (I'm talking of a gut-feeling) that I'm a Satanist.

May be I'll want to join th CoS or the FSC, but it's not the most important.

Now, are you satanist? Up to you to see...

But if you're looking at Satanism just for getting some easy benefits from "magic rituals" you're probably not far on your "personal evolution / spiritual way" & you risk to be disappointed...

#11725 - 09/22/08 08:13 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Fabiano]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
Well, it's good that you found your path at last... let's hope it's the good one this time.

Joining CoS or FSC not living in USA is quite hard - and pointless - as far as I know. Being french (I live in the north, near Lille, so we're not very far from each other btw ;\) ), I know what I'm talking about, I wanted to join a Church too but after getting some info I knew it wouldn't be OK because of my geographic position.

But you don't need it, this forum is nice to share some ideas and feel you're not alone in worst doubt moments. Satanism mainly consists in being (on) your own...

Do you speak French ? (my belgian geography is just terrible ) If you do we could have some chat. PM me if you want to.

Sorry, was kind of off-topic

#11728 - 09/22/08 09:44 AM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Impius]
Fabiano Offline

Hi,

Joining a church is not a goal to me. It's rather accessory.

In fact, even in the past I always stayed aside/apart from the group.

Anyway, it's not for soon as I want to dig a little bit in Satanism to figure out by myself.

I'll not miss to post msg if I have some question raised during my reading of TSB.

The "problem" I had up to now in my "spiritual path" is that I never succeded in putting my intelligence in the fridge; ending by giving up and stop thinking for beleiving.

In Satanism I feel free to use my logical and rational. Poeple are generaly very open minded and I like it.

See you soon !

Edited by Fabiano (09/22/08 10:31 AM)

#11769 - 09/23/08 05:51 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Fabiano]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I was raised in a Catholic household, but my parents were mostly secular-minded and didn't know too much about what they professed to believe in. Consequently, I was probably one of the only people in my family who really looked for meaning in my religion. From the exterior it seemed like I embraced Catholicism, which I did for a long time, but most of it was spent trying to reconcile my own truths with those that were presented to me by the bible and the Church's teachings, which I could not ultimately accept. The whole demonization of human nature, "love thy enemy" thing, and idea of "sanctity" never did fly well with me. It was simply a matter of admitting that I could never be a genuine Christian and still remain true to my own core values.

My experience with Gnosticism, Paganism, and LaVeyan Satanism led me to look into Theistic Satanism, which I realized I embraced the philosophy thereof wholeheartedly... except for the little "theistic" part, since I finally admitted to myself how ridiculous the idea of the supernatural was. However, by then I had recognized that the principle of "Satan" or "Lucifer" existed as a transcendental force of human nature that I embraced, and was certainly worthy of my religious exaltation.

I agree with Fabiano; joining a church is more of an accessory than a primary necessity of Satanism. Same goes for ritual. I consider myself a satanist simply because I live life according to my own "satanic nature", so to speak.

#12244 - 10/05/08 07:08 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Isaak w shipley]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
i would say what makes one a satanist is simple.being human.atleast in the levayan way.im sure many will argue that but thats the way i see it and maybe i will change my mind once i get more experienced in this.

#12612 - 10/13/08 07:53 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: BloodHorn]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Steps to becoming a Satanist.

1:Be born into the 10% of humanity that doesn't require theism.

2:Be born into the 1% of that 10% that feel the black flame burning inside them.

3:Read about Satanism, recognize yourself there, understand it, and claim it.

#12621 - 10/13/08 08:33 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Dan_Dread]
Fabiano Offline

First I'm convinced you born as a Satanist, you do not become one.

1) I don't know what you put in "thism", do you extend it to "mysticism", "spiritual experiences" "supernatural" ?

If yes, then we should not forget that TSB is also about magic thus touching the "supernatural" side.
If no, then notice that buddhists are not "theists" stricto-sensu...

2) The black flame? If it's my rebel mind, the fact that I never accepted SPiritual Slavery, My tendence to stay "aside the group", my attraction for the "drak side" of life. The yes, I got it. If it's something else, please explain...

3) Reading and learning does not change nothing to the fact you're born (or not) as a Satanist. But I didn't said it's useless. Regarding clainming it, there is a thread about being Satanist in Public and there are many diiferent opinions/views on the subject...

Fabiano

#12622 - 10/13/08 08:39 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Fabiano]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

1) I don't know what you put in "thism", do you extend it to "mysticism", "spiritual experiences" "supernatural" ?

Well, this is conjecture, admittedly, but I believe there are two types of people on this earth. The type of people that NEED a skydaddy type figure to make the world make sense, and those that do not.
Looking around we can see most humans fit into the first category.
 Quote:

2) The black flame? If it's my rebel mind, the fact that I never accepted SPiritual Slavery, My tendence to stay "aside the group", my attraction for the "drak side" of life. The yes, I got it. If it's something else, please explain...

I think you already know what I'm talking about.
\:\)
 Quote:

Reading and learning does not change nothing to the fact you're born (or not) as a Satanist. But I didn't said it's useless.

I agree, reading and learning does not change the essential 'you'. I chose the word 'recognized' quite carefully.

Quote:

Regarding clainming it, there is a thread about being Satanist in Public and there are many diiferent opinions/views on the subject...

Claiming it for yourself doesn't have to mean sharing it with others \:\)

#12624 - 10/13/08 08:50 PM Re: What makes you a Satanist [Re: Japster]
Man of the Earth Offline
lurker

Loc: NE
As Satanism is very individualistic nobody can really tell you how to "be" a Satanist. All one can really do is tell you what makes them a Satanist. To that end, I consider the foundation of Satanism an awakening. When one removes all possible points of view from taking precedence within the mind for a variable length of time, the psychological "I" that one builds around ones self disintegrates. When this "I" disintegrates so does the world view that supports it. Its an awakening to the flesh, the animal, the primal, its true freedom. After that initial awakening, one crafts the existence one wishes to live free and unhindered by limitation, which is not to say it will be easy. Some men are born this way, others must work for it, either way "Always look for a better position".

Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.