and used harmonics to vibrate it.

The results were impressive.

Youtube: Harmonic vibrations with salt

Heads up for those who watch...

Theres a website url displayed as the video progresses
Do not bother looking it up...
I did the work for you,
and it leads to a an online store
That has absolutly nothing to do with it.

Edited by -iblis- (05/12/08 02:39 PM)

#8624 - 05/12/08 05:47 PM Re: Salt Formations [Re: -iblis-]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
That was cool. Have you seen Cymatics done on non-newtonian fluid (corn starch):

I was trying to find you a article I recently read about how a group of scientists recorded the sound waves emitted by galaxies, then played it back 'cymatically' like this and the virations from these recordings formed the images of the galaxies they had come from. I'll look for it some more.

This also reminds me of something I read about a man who got lost in Tibet and spent seven years there long ago. He had once come to a gathering of monks facing the side of a steep cliff. Every one of the monks had large drums. The monks were in a conical formation with one single guy in front with the other monks gradually fanning behind him. All the drums were angled so that the drums focused on a massive carved stone situated in front of the first monk.

This european guy, curious, went to ask what kind of ceremony or celebration they were about to do. One of the monks replied that it wasn't a ceremony, and that they were just going to lift the giant stone into a cave way up high in the steep cliff since the stone was too heavy to drag up the steep side of the cliff. The monk said that his people have been using sound to levitate heavy objects for ages.

The drums began to beat rhythmically in unison, and the guy said he witnessed the stone "jumpped" into the air and slowly drifted to the front of the cave, landing softly, as if by magic.

~*~shishio

Kayla

~~352~~

#8656 - 05/14/08 05:31 AM Re: Salt Formations [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
-iblis- Offline
pledge

It seems to come alive.
The more I watch...
The more I want to create images within this dancing glop.

(I really enjoyed the part when they incorporated the toy man)
There was a point when a pillar rose off of its chest.

Brilliant you.

#8681 - 05/14/08 08:15 PM Re: Salt Formations [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
One can only think that this is what is going on inside my cranium when I am listening to music in my truck. My brain is being turned into formations inside my head. No wonder I seem to lose all ability to drive. I've seen the effects my stereo has on the smoke coming from my cigar and mouth. Kind of interesting.

The police in DC are experimenting with bass as a way of warning people to get out of the way. Seems everyone has become immune to the constant shrill of the siren when the cops are responding to a call. So they have outfitted a couple of test cars with subwoofers that play a constant drone of bass aimed at the ground. It is enough to make the area vibrate as the car is moving. They are testing to see if that gets people's attention better than a siren. Or if the two will work in unison better. The bass only plays for a brief period of time. Like for 5 seconds when approaching an intersection.

#8689 - 05/15/08 01:52 AM Re: Salt Formations [Re: fakepropht]
-iblis- Offline
pledge

I know this has nothing to do
with the mentioned trial emergency system...

But as I was reading about this bass system...
I recalled a time
when I was going to my vehicle at a parking structure.

This man on a large motorcycle
Sped through all of the levels
Setting off the car alarms on purpose.

#8699 - 05/15/08 06:45 PM Re: Salt Formations [Re: fakepropht]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: fakepropht
I've seen the effects my stereo has on the smoke coming from my cigar and mouth. Kind of interesting.

I never thought about loud music having an effect on your brain or cognative thinking until you mentioned it?? Even if I did watch that video.

What happens to the cigar smoke in your truck? I didn't think sound waves could effect smoke? If it could effect smoke, what if we built a powerful bass thingie and pointed it at clouds, tornadoes, and stuff? Would that work?

~*~shishio

PS: your brain would have to be small for it to move around like a wild slug to music in your head \:\)

Kayla

~~352~~

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.