Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#11624 - 09/19/08 04:58 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: The Zebu]
balatro Offline
stranger

Loc: Taxas
Giving in to Gravity and the Unknown...loss of control. My biggest fears are the Abyss and the Dweller at The Threshold. To be annihilated in a void of darkness without anything around may seem comforting but it's fucking scary as hell...maybe that's why I have a hard time can swimming in deep ocean. Outer space would probably kill me too.

Also heights...I get all tingly in my hands and feet when I get close to a huge drop...but I just can't stop looking over edge. Pretty stupid indeed. Maybe I should do a sky dive to over come that one.

One more...

Ummm...probably clowns or mime (mimes?)...they creep me out something fierce. They're like living toys that are 20x their normal size. Put one on stilts and I'd run screaming.

Edited by balatro (09/19/08 05:07 PM)

#11625 - 09/19/08 05:10 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: The Zebu]
balatro Offline
stranger

Yes our imaginations can get the best of us sometimes...but that is for us to conquer right.

shoggoth...creepy shit

#11950 - 09/28/08 12:27 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: ShadowWalker]
balatro Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: ShadowWalker
The biggest fear is fear of the unknown;

You nailed it...it is as primal as anything else. Our imaginations get the best of us most of the time.

#12495 - 10/11/08 07:01 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: The Zebu]
DieDieMyDarling Offline
lurker

Loc: england
I like spiders and nearly all animals really but i really hate walking past crowds of people...its kinda stupid but i cant help it and i hate making eye contact with people i get this weird feeling and i feel like i cant move..its not good.
#12504 - 10/11/08 06:19 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: DieDieMyDarling]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Same here. I am incredibly uncomfortable around groups. My stomach gets in knots and my hands shake a bit, only just the opposit I can't take my eyes off people. I don't trust them. I'll attribute that to my time in the middle east. Then there are the more common ones like putting your hand in something you can't see into and so on.

#13931 - 11/05/08 07:16 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: ZephyrGirl]
AnOpenHand Offline
stranger

Loc: England
I know this is dumb... REAL dumb. But I have a an irrational fear of a zombie infestation.
Everywhere I've ever lived I've always had an escape plan for when the zombos burst through the door. I even have one at work.
An example of my zombo dreams... I woke up in bed and there was a new door in my wall. I got up and opened it and there was a dock on a sunny day with a ferry like the caledonia one or some shit and as it got closer I could see figures stumbling about on the boat. Then before I knew what was happening they were pouring off the boat. Proper nasty rotten zombos. and (AOH shudders) they were runners the worst kind.
I mean lets face it, if you're talking dawn of the dead (as in the original) gthen they're pretty useless less you're unlucky and get your ass surrounded and they all pile in on you. If you get assailed by one or two you got a pretty good chance. I mean they fumble you for a bit before they get it up to bite you.
But if you got return of the living dead zombos, or day zombos then you're screwed. I often thought bout what you'd do with a kid or an old person. I dream bout this shit now.
I dunno why but somehow it just doesn't feel ridiculous.
I wake up and have to bung the light on, if it's windy outside and gthe bins blowing about I get myself all worked up. I have two sorts of dreams the sort where I'm on the offensive just slicing em up with shit, and the sort where I'm trying to convince people to take me seriously going through the reinforcing the house shit, then some dungbell always lets em in then it's just survive zombie fighting, I remember dreaming getting the knife stuck in ones head and then getting ate, I often get ate, its like 6 times out of ten I'll get chomped.
before I go back to sleep I scan the room for whats nearest to hand if I had to cave in some zombos
sad I know but you never know.

#13938 - 11/05/08 07:52 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: AnOpenHand]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

You aren't the only one. Me and my friends have a plan for a zombie attack. Everyone has certain supplies they have to get before going to our meeting place. It may be an irrational fear, but I would rather have the plan anf not need it than need it and not have it.

#13943 - 11/05/08 08:22 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
That's funny because I have always had that on my mind too. Not in any serious, rational way but more of an indulgence.

I have several katana blades and a copy of the 'zombie survival guide' handy.

For me though it's not a fear but something I would really like to see happen ;\)

#13946 - 11/05/08 09:07 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: DieDieMyDarling]
.:Autumn:. Offline
stranger

Loc: Wisconsin
 Originally Posted By: DieDieMyDarling
i hate making eye contact with people i get this weird feeling and i feel like i cant move..its not good.

The best way to intimidate people and show you are confident is eye contact. If someone can't hold a conversation with me and look me in the eye they are wasting my time and I consider them weak. I suppose that's my version of a man's strong handshake.

--

On a side note for the thread subject; some have already been mentioned:

"I fear slavery and inherent government ruling, overthrown republics, and casual chronology or periodicity." - Kon

Heights & Drowning - ta2zz

A few of my own are: Drunk drivers, Bees (of any sort, I'm highly allergic.) , Germs (Not on a totally scared level, but afraid of the outcome if kept unclean.) , Small spaces and Very crowded places.

As far as the thrill of a fear, I'm very into the paranormal. I indulge myself accordingly to give me that fix, per se.

I will add that I hate, hate zombies with a passion. I never had problems with nightmares about zombies until 28 weeks later. I refuse to watch that movie anymore.

#13950 - 11/05/08 09:39 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: AnOpenHand]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
You might want to check out "I Am Legend" then. That has some fast-running infected humans/zombies. Will Smith plays the lead role as the last human on earth, accompanied by his dog Sam, as he fights to stay alive amongst the infected photophobic humans that roam the city at night looking for prey. Gave me nightmares for days after seeing it in the theater.

I empathize with you 100% about the creatures that chase after you in your nightmares. You can never run fast enough, or run long enough, to escape them. If they don't catch you right away, they still manage to catch up to you at some point! I don't even like playng tag, even when I was a kid, because it gets my adrenaline up like I just woke up from a nightmare. It's not a fun game for me.

#13953 - 11/05/08 09:52 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Nemesis]
.:Autumn:. Offline
stranger

Loc: Wisconsin
I've seen that movie. It's very good, but needless to say I, too, had nightmares after it. Not nearly as bad as 28 weeks later. I think it wasn't as graphic as I Am Legend.

I remember being in my grandparents house, in the bathroom upstairs watching the streets run with zombies. I kept as quiet as I could, but one spotted me, I saw it coming up the stairs and I was frozen. I woke up just as it lunged at me. That feeling was HORRIBLE. Inhuman. It felt like I was assassinated during an Outer Body Experience in the astral. I really like horror movies, but zombies are just terrible.

I do, however, love the zombie movie Fido.

Edited by .:Autumn:. (11/05/08 09:53 PM)

#13957 - 11/05/08 10:20 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Nemesis]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Boy another good reason to own a gun... Just being prepared for a possible zombie invasion...

Are you guys serious? Fearing zombies, wanting zombies? Zombie survival guide?

No shit

~T~

#13968 - 11/06/08 07:12 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I have a greater fear of nuclear or biochemical holocaust than zombies. And tornadoes. It's certainly more likely to happen than hordes of the undead coming out at night and trying to eat my brains,

You should read threads on forums like AR15, those guys are alllll about frickin zombies. Kinda sad.

#13969 - 11/06/08 07:39 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Nemesis]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
A bio-chemical attack could very well produce the zombies you don't fear. Chemical warfare can cause a multitude of outcomes. I have heard rumors of their being AIDS bombs. Whats to fear in a nuclear attack? You're dead before you know what happened.

My list of top 3 horrifying ways to die:

1. Being eaten alive
2. Being burnt
3. Drowning

#13970 - 11/06/08 10:45 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Butterz]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
A bio-chemical attack would not produce zombies, it would kill people. There is no such thing as an AIDS bomb. Stay clear of the wilderness and ocean and you more than likely won't be eaten alive. Don't play with matches, and always wear your water-wings when swimming. Bigfoot is a myth, and there are no monsters under your bed. Now close your eyes and sleep well, little Butterz.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.