Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#13980 - 11/06/08 01:12 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Octavius]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
My biggest fear is to grow into one of those old ladies that spends her last ten or twelve years raving and shitting herself in a nursing home. Not cool at'all.

I'm also afraid of running out of bourbon, if for no other reason than I could use it to set zombies on fire.

#13981 - 11/06/08 01:41 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Butterz]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Butterz
A bio-chemical attack could very well produce the zombies you don't fear.

Silly I have seen all the movies... Chemicals create "mutants" like C.H.U.D. and Toxie The Toxic Avenger, not zombies

Chemical warfare can cause a multitude of outcomes.

Like Octavius has also pointed out those outcomes would be dying, sickness, and death...

I have heard rumors of their being AIDS bombs.

Shh you shouldn't say certain things in public, the credibility you harm may be your own...

Whats to fear in a nuclear attack? You're dead before you know what happened.

If your lucky you will be close enough to be burnt to cinder in seconds... If not then there are some pretty grueling months of sickness death and rebuilding or migrating...

In case you did not know our government has done quite a bit of research on radioactive poisoning... You may want to do a bit or your own research before posting such speculation even as possible fact...

~T~

#14016 - 11/07/08 05:29 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
"Silly I have seen all the movies... Chemicals create "mutants" like C.H.U.D. and Toxie The Toxic Avenger, not zombies"

Movie: Resident Evil. Chemical causing zombies: T-Virus.

How do you know exactly what weapons exist? Because every goverment and military official publicly announce "secret projects". No way the government would lie or hide something, right? Now let me guess... Your gonna say im wrong the government doesn't have secret weapons, or hidden labs, right?

#14019 - 11/07/08 07:05 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Butterz]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Everyone here knows that the government has underground labs and bunkers, which serve both to house and experiment on biochemicals. These could be spread by water, air, or in viral form like Ebola. To think that our gov't got rid of every nasty thing out there for the sake of the public good is a ridiculous notion. We have tons of little vials sitting in the freezers, just waiting to be unleashed against our enemies. The more credible plot could be taken from Stephen King's "The Stand", in which 96% of the population is wiped out by an escaped contagion known as "The Superflu". The other 4% is immune. Same with nukes, sitting around in a lead-walled underground building, primed and ready to be loaded onto Harriers and long-range missile launchers.

The question here is, how do you think, in all reality, that a mere virus would have the ability to animate decomposing flesh? Because that's what zombies are, the living dead, and cells start dying the second the heart stops beating. The only medium that has a hope of doing that is electricity. Please enlighten us, Butterz.

You need to get out more often if you think a scenario like Resident Evil is probable. I guess you're scared of flocks of crows too?

#14037 - 11/07/08 05:15 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Nemesis]
Jake999 Offline

There's not too much that I "fear," that's tangible and waiting to befall me at every turn in life. I'm not afraid of death, having been close a couple of times, and my father was a mortician, so I've always viewed it as "just another damned thing you have to do." As my life progressed, I insured myself against the common bugaboos... I'm usually armed to one degree or another, I stay relatively healthy and abstain from drugs and excesses of alcohol, and I'm pretty well set in my retirement so that I shouldn't worry about becoming a basket lady...that would take a whole new wardrobe.

But damn... what gives me chills in the night is losing my mental acuity or developing some condition that would leave me helpless and at the will of others for feeding, hygiene, communication, etc. That, to me is terrifying; to be "locked in" with a viable and active mind, yet unable to force it to move my body or communicate my thoughts or needs to another. If it ever does happen, I live in hope that someone will have the compassion to take me out.

#14061 - 11/08/08 02:09 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Jake999]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"But damn... what gives me chills in the night is losing my mental acuity or developing some condition that would leave me helpless and at the will of others for feeding, hygiene, communication, etc. That, to me is terrifying; to be "locked in" with a viable and active mind, yet unable to force it to move my body or communicate my thoughts or needs to another. If it ever does happen, I live in hope that someone will have the compassion to take me out."

That is my biggest fear, as well as my family putting fucking crosses in my death box before being turned to ash.

Then also rough sex gone bad....

Morgan

#14064 - 11/08/08 04:52 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Morgan]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Morgan

Then also rough sex gone bad....

Morgan

And you say that like it's a "bad thing." Rough sex NOT going bad... now there's a problem.

#14079 - 11/09/08 12:07 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Isaak w shipley]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
The first thing that came to mind after I read all of the above texts was "Why do people even fear?"
I can honestly say I fear nothing. Why I fear nothing, I truely do not know. Nothing has ever bothered me enough to be terrified of it. I can understand why someone would fear certain things such as driving, drowning, spiders, etc. because something freaky possibly happened to them involving said subjects. But why fear it? Why not take it as a learning experience instead? Say you got bit by a spider when you put your foot into your shoe...next time, check your shoes, you won't be bitten, no fear. I also believe that any fear can be cured..face your fears.

I'd appreciate it if someone would share specifically why they fear something..What instills such terror in you that you avoid something at all costs and would rather die than face it? I'd love to get a better insight on this subject.

#14127 - 11/09/08 10:46 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
Fear is an involuntary response to potential danger. If you are snug in your room, well fear isn't necessarily a factor. However, if you are in unfamiliar territory and you sense someone creeping up behind you, it is natural to be on the defensive. Any soldier who has been in a firefight will tell you that they were scared.
It's not necessarily cowardly, mind you. It is just an instinct that alerts you to danger.

#14137 - 11/10/08 04:57 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Satansfarm]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I agree that fear is something we all know. There is nothing wrong with it, as long as you are able to overcome it. I've been a mountaineer for years and pretty well know that in some situations, fear is a factor. You have to get through it at times and it can be harder to overcome than the difficulty of the rockpart you're on.
In some situations it's even beneficial, your body becomes boosted and your brain works at a rather primitive level.

Fear isn't rational and being rational doesn't limit being subject to fear although I think there is a difference to be made between what people fear -like getting alzheimer and such- and instinctual fear.

D.

#14160 - 11/10/08 07:32 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Jake999]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Naa, rough sex, is just rough sex.

Rough sex gone bad is when someone ends up dead, by accident.

Morgan

#14280 - 11/12/08 03:23 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Originally Posted By: Chelsea_Grin
The first thing that came to mind after I read all of the above texts was "Why do people even fear?"
I can honestly say I fear nothing. Why I fear nothing, I truely do not know. Nothing has ever bothered me enough to be terrified of it. I can understand why someone would fear certain things such as driving, drowning, spiders, etc. because something freaky possibly happened to them involving said subjects. But why fear it? Why not take it as a learning experience instead? Say you got bit by a spider when you put your foot into your shoe...next time, check your shoes, you won't be bitten, no fear. I also believe that any fear can be cured..face your fears.

I'd appreciate it if someone would share specifically why they fear something..What instills such terror in you that you avoid something at all costs and would rather die than face it? I'd love to get a better insight on this subject.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Don't be stupid, okay? Everyone fears something and to say that you fear nothing is just retarded. You're not a badass and no one thinks you are cool for saying that.

If you fear nothing, join the fuckin' military. I'm sure you'll make a great target for whatever current "them" we're fighting. Fear is not only a healthy response to a dangerous situation but also a totally natural response. I guess you're too satanic for all that though, huh?

Oh, I see you are only 17. That explains it.

Edited by ceruleansteel (11/12/08 03:28 PM)
Edit Reason: more bullshit flags to throw

#14294 - 11/12/08 05:17 PM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: ceruleansteel]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
I read somewhere or saw in a video that the average age of a US army soldier in Vietnam was 19 years old. When you are older, I suppose, you see more mortality. If you are having a good time, you would do whatever you have to in order to put off the inevitable demise until the last possible moment. I'm such a....a...a person who puts things off to the last minute type of person....see what I mean???? My vocabulary is also losing a few megabytes...time to take a nap....zzzzzzzzz
#14336 - 11/13/08 02:43 AM Re: Fear Factors for Satanists [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
 Quote:

Fear is psychological, some people can or can't explain why they fear something.

Quote:
I can honestly say I fear nothing.

So you're saying that you fear nothing at all, that you are an individual with no worries when it comes to doing something dangerous for example?
Find it hard to believe that you are a fearless individual. Every man, women, or child fears something weather or not they don't admit it because of their own ego is a different question.

Me I fear incompotence. Simply because of the fact that if I fuck up someone that I serve with dies because of me. This bugs me because if I fuck up and someone dies there was no justifiable reason for me killing them except my being inept at something. Another one of my fears would have to be hieghts. I don't know why but i am afraid of hieghts, now this is very easy to force myself to go into high places but there is still that lingering what if thought in the back of my head.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.