Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#872 - 10/04/07 03:27 AM America - Prepare to Die...
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne
Not if... but When

Seymour Hersh: White House Intensifying Plans to Attack Iran

... AMY GOODMAN: Sy Hersh, I wanted to switch gears for the last question, and this has to do with it not just being Republicans who are sounding a drumbeat for war. The three leading Democratic presidential candidates -- Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards -- have all declared no options off the table. This is a clip from last week’s Democratic debate. It was the day the Senate approved a controversial resolution calling on the State Department to designate the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization. At the debate, Democratic presidential hopeful Mike Gravel bitterly criticized Hillary Clinton for voting in favor.

MIKE GRAVEL: This is fantasy land. We're talking about ending the war. My god, we’re just starting a war right today. There was a vote in the Senate today. Joe Lieberman, who authored the Iraq resolution, has authored another resolution, and it is essentially a fig leaf to let George Bush go to war with Iran. And I want to congratulate Biden for voting against it, Dodd for voting against it, and I’m ashamed of you, Hillary, for voting for it. You're not going to get another shot at this, because what’s happened, if this war ensues, we invade, and they're looking for an excuse to do it. And Obama was not even there to vote.

TIM RUSSERT: Senator Clinton, I want to give you a chance to respond.

SEN. HILLARY CLINTON: [laughter]

AMY GOODMAN: That was Hillary Clinton laughing. Fifteen seconds, Seymour Hersh. Your response?

SEYMOUR HERSH: Money. A lot of the Jewish money from New York. Come on, let's not kid about it. A significant percentage of Jewish money, and many leading American Jews support the Israeli position that Iran is an existential threat. And I think it’s as simple as that. When you’re from New York and from New York City, you take the view of -- right now, when you’re running a campaign, you follow that line. And there’s no other explanation for it, because she’s smart enough to know the downside.

AMY GOODMAN: And Obama and Edwards?

SEYMOUR HERSH: I -- you know, it’s shocking. It’s really surprising and shocking, but there we are. That’s American politics circa 2007.

AMY GOODMAN: Seymour Hersh, thank you very much for being with us, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist. His piece in the New Yorker is called “Shifting Targets: The Administration’s Plan for Iran.”

I hate all Iranians, US aide tells MPs

Zionist Pentagon Official, Ms. Debra Cagan informs British MP's that she "hates all Iranians."

Current death toll in Iraq

Shalom and have a nice day...

#877 - 10/04/07 08:05 AM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: School Bully]
ICouldBuyYouAll Offline
stranger

Loc: Expensive
Excellent! Maybe we can invite them over for biscuits and tea!

Or goats milk...or whatever it is they drink over there.

Better yet...excessive amounts of alcohol.

Yeah.

#906 - 10/04/07 10:43 PM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: School Bully]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
The fact of the matter is that we are at war with Iran and have been so for some time.

Iran has been deploying EFPs in Iraq for at least 3 years now. These EFPs are being used to kill US troops. Iran has also been training and funding parts of the insurgency. Again, killing US troops.

This is like getting hit in the head but insisting that you are not in a fight.

Like it or not, we are in a fight with Iran. The mistake we will not make is to try to occupy Iran. Simply "shock and awe" their military industrial complex. Let the ensuing revolution take care of it's self. Repeat in 20 years as required.

#913 - 10/05/07 06:59 AM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: Fist]
School Bully Offline

God bless you, Brother Fist. It is God's will bringing us closer to the end times and the return of Christ. Hallelujah Brother. Praise the Lord. Praise him because it brings us closer to the time when Israel will occupy all the lands between the Nile in Egypt and the Euphrates in Iraq. The Promised Land. Praise him because it brings us closer to the time when the third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem will rise again on Mount Moriah (where the spawn of Satan Muslim Dome of the Rock now stands) just before the Rapture and return of Christ. The Word of God tells us that the prophecies of the Book of Revelations will come about in our lifetime. This is God's Will. The bible is America's guide to the future. America and Iran are the leaders of a cosmic struggle between good and evil. There are those who are saved and those who are lost to eternal darkness. They are the ones who see it all unfolding, the rest are blinded by Satan. God bless you, Brother Fist.

#915 - 10/05/07 07:42 AM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: School Bully]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

?

Well, none of that addresses the problem.

It is a fact that Iran has been supplying material, money and training to groups in Iraq who kill US troops. Do you dispute this?

We are in fact at war with Iran. Do you dispute this?

#917 - 10/05/07 08:09 AM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: Fist]
School Bully Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
?

Well, none of that addresses the problem.

Problem? And what problem is that?

Quote:
It is a fact that Iran has been supplying material, money and training to groups in Iraq who kill US troops. Do you dispute this?

Like a fact that Iraq had WMD no doubt? or like the fact that the CIA doesn't have a copyright on subversion? or like the fact that tying down your enemy outside your own country is a damn fine strategy? Take your pick.

Quote:
We are in fact at war with Iran. Do you dispute this?

Well, if not, soon will be. That's the point.

#919 - 10/05/07 11:59 AM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: School Bully]
Satanicteen Offline
stranger

Loc: Idaho Falls, Idaho
i much agree with you Schoolbully.

#923 - 10/05/07 11:37 PM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: Satanicteen]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

The fact of the matter is that Iran entered Iraq to (among other things) kill American soldiers. Do you dispute this?

#925 - 10/06/07 03:25 AM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: Fist]
School Bully Offline

It was a fact that American troops entered Iraq to kill Iraqi troops and overthrow Saddam Hussein. It is a fact that the Bush administration has threatened to do the same with Iran and Syria.

US 'must break Iran and Syria regimes'

America should seize every opportunity to force regime change in Syria and Iran, a former senior adviser to the White House has urged.

"We need to do everything possible to destabilise the Syrian regime and exploit every single moment they strategically overstep," said David Wurmser, who recently resigned after four years as Vice President Dick Cheney's Middle East adviser.

Just where are you getting your facts from Mr Fist?

#928 - 10/06/07 11:53 AM Re: America - Prepare to Die... [Re: School Bully]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Quote:
It was a fact that American troops entered Iraq to kill Iraqi troops and overthrow Saddam Hussein. It is a fact that the Bush administration has threatened to do the same with Iran and Syria.

And Iran took this threat on it's face and then did it's level best to destabilize Iraq. It did this by providing training, money, and weapons (like the EFP) to the insurgency.

Again, we are at war with Iran. Iran has been using the EFPs in Iraq for at least 3 years (Google it!).

This is the nature of conflict. Be it a street fight or world war. They all start with some tough talk. Somebody calls the bluff. A punch is thrown, then another and another. Somebody pulls a weapon, and so it goes.

MY POINT.... is that we ARE at war with Iran, and have been so for some time. This is not a question of if or when we will go to war, but how the war will escalate. At some point somebody is going to pull a knife and go for the throat.

Quote:
Just where are you getting your facts from Mr Fist?

My sources are classified. How about yours?

After a time, this stuff gets reported on. When I see it on Google News I know it is usually safe to talk about in general terms.

In most cases, the the thing that separates a news story from a classified report are proper names, exact places, dates and other specific details and technical data.

A news story about Iranian EFPs is just news. The classified information would be things like where and when it was used, by and against whom, what Iranian entity provided it, and it's specific construction and composition.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.