Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#878 - 10/04/07 08:33 AM rely on others for your safety?
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
I'm a large proponent of the right for private citizens to carry weapons on their person for the purposes of self defense. But I often hear ridiculous things like "If attacked, Ill scream, I use a whistle, Ill scream FIRE!" The underlying idea is that others in the area will come to help you. This is the hight of absolute stupidity.

Would you like to see the help you get?

Crowd Swipes Dying Man's Groceries

My favorite line.

" Not only were the man's groceries taken, but the "only" person who tried to help him also had his own bags taken."

Chris

#880 - 10/04/07 10:26 AM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: MCSA TEK]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

Loc: Melbourne, Australia.
This reflects my long held belief.

When it comes down to it, when it really counts, you only have yourself to rely on. No offense meant to our prided law enforcement, but in the majority of cases, police help doesn't actually arrive until after the fifty-sixth knife wound has been inflicted and the culprit and his dog are on their way to Mexico.

As for the public, well, you see a lot of stuff wandering round the cities. Car alarms going off, people being abused and assaulted. The public likes to turn a blind on eye on these things, because it's not their problem.

Having lived in some of the shadier areas of my fair land, you learn realities harsh and fast. Not a single person is gonna stop that guy carrying your tv and strolling down the street.
Yell, scream, blow that whistle all you want.

When it comes down to biting the bullet, it's just you.
One reason why I don't befriend weaklings who, infirm of purpose and heart, will leave and run when you need it.

Personally I wish my country (Australia) had a right to carry arms.

Your linked article only illustrates the base nature of society and how far it's corruption goes.

It's saddening how at any given day, at any time, you can walk out your door and find something like this happening, somewhere.

#884 - 10/04/07 11:18 AM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Veldrin]
Cody Offline
pledge

Absolutely, if you put two wolves together in a pen to fight, who will win? it's generally 50/50, but what if one wolf (because it acquiesced to its masters wishes) let itself willingly be de-clawed and de-fanged, what do you make of the odds then? I'd bet on the dog with the claws and fangs -it doesn't matter if you are male or female.

After getting out of the military I used part of my savings and traveled for about a year and a half (because I knew I probably wouldn't have the opportunity again) and used to store a cut-off Savage-Stevens 12gauge (Which I loaded with #1 buck shot when I got to the place where I laid my head) between the pipes of my bike wrapped in an oiled rag, it broke down into three parts after you took the forearm screw out. It was completely legal and within the specifications of the BATF manual I would have stored it elesewhere but after initial Naive (and unarmed) runs harassment by police for one reason or another led me to speak to myself "I came home to this???"

On two occasion being armed served me well to be prepared, once at a roadside toilet involving a black man and woman and once at a defunct campsite involving white trash. I'm too lazy to post it now but I might later or not.

The bottom line is to me when it comes down to it, when it really comes down to it life or death, there is no-one that is better to make those decisions for you than yourself.

Edited by Cody (10/04/07 11:22 AM)
Edit Reason: added text after "the bottom" line

#886 - 10/04/07 12:06 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Cody]
Dev Samael Daval Offline
stranger

Loc: Toledo, OH

In the United States the police do not have to legally protect you. Although unaware to the vast majority of people, a 9-11 request for help does not have to be followed through by the police.

Imagine this scenario: A man is raping a woman in her own home. The front door is wide open. The woman gets away just long enough to make a call behind a locked bedroom door. The man is about to kick the door in. The police officer who arrives on the scene does not have to legally enter the house and save the woman. Period.

In service,
Dev Samael Daval

#888 - 10/04/07 12:18 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Dev Samael Daval]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Dev Samael Daval

In the United States the police do not have to legally protect you. Although unaware to the vast majority of people, a 9-11 request for help does not have to be followed through by the police.

Imagine this scenario: A man is raping a woman in her own home. The front door is wide open. The woman gets away just long enough to make a call behind a locked bedroom door. The man is about to kick the door in. The police officer who arrives on the scene does not have to legally enter the house and save the woman. Period.

In service,
Dev Samael Daval

Samael, good to see you still around.
Onto your post, is this due to a legal loophole? The sheer hypocrisy of this does boggle the mind. It seems as though the U.S employs a service whom is not obliged to provide the basic service for which it was created.

Though this fact does lend itself to the argument of ensuring you have viable means of self protection, it does make me wonder why the service is not legally bound to "serve and protect".

Makes me wish I could legally get away with not doing my job =P

As usual though Samael, you provide another intresting tidbit to chew on.

#894 - 10/04/07 02:43 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Veldrin]
Cody Offline
pledge

In the end, who is responsible for you?

I know this was a one liner but I don't think too much more can be really said other than something that helps serve the destruction of the ideas that others have your best interests in mind. There are just so many police and even when there are enough they will not be there until long after a crime is committed. Most cops I guess would get a serious boner if they were there while a crime was actually happening but most likely they are there long after the fact while victims lay in a pool of blood, trust in the "kings men" for your safety because that is how they trained you.

Don't try to convince me that shock collar will do me some good, I've seen what it's done to you.

Edited by Cody (10/04/07 02:50 PM)

#897 - 10/04/07 03:12 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Dev Samael Daval]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA

In service,
Dev Samael Daval
A similar situation happened here in Oviedo Florida. A man was shot during a break in at his home. The attacker ran off and he was able to call the police. He lay in a pool of blood waiting for help that wouldn't come. The police arrived and formed a perimeter around the home and simply waited. The injured shooting victim had to drag himself through his house, out the door, and onto his own lawn in order to receive aid.

Had be been a good obediant sheep, he would now be dead.

Chris

Can anyone post the Video of the Pizza store beating? Ive looked for it but haven't been able to track it down.

#898 - 10/04/07 03:15 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Cody]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

In the end, we are all responsible for and to ourselves, of course.
Much as society will try change the fact, it's basic human survival.

However, in a perfect world, assuming all members of such were of the maturity level represented here on the forums (for the majority of the time) would a decrease in crime be seen?

Arguments may be up, we do clash from time to time, but would anyone here resort to robbery or murder to solve an issue? Hardly likely. (I would hope anyway).

That is how society works though isn't it?
There's really no law for the extremely wealthy and connected, and no law for the naturally lawless.

The law, in a basic way, exists for those who obey the law. The simple basic people. You are surrounded by them all day.
They ride the trains, they work at your offices.
The people who accept the that the law will protect them from people who, essentially don't care about it.

The serious murderer will not care that killing is illegal, the serious man of crime will not care that theft is illegal.

What else can people rely on except themselves?

#1254 - 10/24/07 05:47 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Veldrin]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Several points at once, because I don't have time.

The police are not legally responsible for us. The sides of the cop cars in my town say "Pride and Progress"...and that's what they mean. Serve and protect no more. As for depending on heroic strangers...I was once attacked by the passenger of my car while driving. I screeched to a halt and blew the horn (because I could not get out of the car) and was rewarded with pointing and laughing by other drivers and their passengers. Back to the police: when I went into the station to file a report against the passenger, I was not even allowed to talk to an officer or file a report. I couldn't get past the desk pig.

Constitutionally, we have the right to weild damn near any sort of firearm or other weapon we desire without any government authority having the right to tell us otherwise. The constitutional definition of the firearms that should be regulated are things like grenades and rocket launchers...NOT handguns, rifles, etc. Of course, we are also constitutionally duty-bound to form militias and take up arms against our own government when they get out of hand...

Meh.

#1262 - 10/25/07 03:09 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Chandler Offline
stranger

Long time no see!

In your business (if it is still your business) I'm sure you've learned some appreciation for getting things done on your own, without relying on authority to get the job done every time.

Regardless of national origin, we are born with the inalienable right to bear superior arms. It is only the inferior arms that can be confiscated.

#1268 - 10/26/07 03:06 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Dev Samael Daval]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland

In service,
Dev Samael Daval

This is really very comical. The police aren't legally bound to protect you, yet you're not allowed to take the law into your own hands. There are varying degrees, I'm certain, though I know there are various ways in which one could defend oneself which might come with certain legality issues. For instance, I feel booby traps would be a great way to deal with intruders (at least if you live alone...if you have family/friends coming in at odd hours, it might not be so good for them). Unfortunately, booby traps are (supposedly) illegal.

Homo Homini Lupus

#1272 - 10/26/07 06:15 PM Re: rely on others for your safety? [Re: Dev Samael Daval]
Chandler Offline
stranger

What's up Samael. Good shit, man.

In order to maneuver the world as productively as I can, I have applied magical thinking to my idealism: I have invoked the rules of anarcho-capitalism, and lo and behold, it appears that it has always been so.

The prevailing protection network is a cartel. It is the narrow application of words like "legitemacy", "authority", and "sovereignty" that deprives each individual of his propriety as a self-sustaining agent of interest.

It is each individual's fault for his own reliance on the establishment. There is no force in existence that, if it cannot be overpowered, cannot at least be bypassed through some craft or another. The extremely poor and the extremely rich have always known this, to some extent.

Propriety is, in my world anyway, stipulative in nature. The legitemacy of states, laws, and expectations, I consider no more concrete than religion. My recognition of the sovereignty of the United States is no less optional than my allegiance, as long as I approach every endeavor with "pure will, unassuaged of purpose, and delivered from the lust of result..." (Liber Legis).

This philosophy (spell) has won me some incredible victories. In the military, I delivered a 200 page conscientious objection to armed service under the Bush Administration, and presented arguments which challenged the validity of this nation's founding documents ("United States" did not refer to a single, unified state until after the Federalist Movement prevailed over the Antifederalist Movement). I threatened that, as a Satanist, the limits of my own integrity would induce me to commit a "+re@$0n0u$ act of $edi+i0n against the U$ g0vernmen+," should I not be relieved of combat arms duty with an Honorable Discharge, due to information I had only recently become privy to. Basically, I accused our government, and the majority, of being openly Zionistic.

Two weeks later I received an Honorable Discharge, along with severance pay, and the full Montgomery G.I. Bill. I was even awarded one final Army Achievement Medal before discharge.

The glamoury and misdirection necessary to accomplish this required a great deal of premeditation, but it worked. This effectively qualifies me as the first Earthling in the history of mankind to threaten to commit an act of w@r @g@in$+ the U$ government and have all my demands met. None of it was surreptitious.

I have even been asked to testify against another soldier who I witnessed committing assault at a party. They actually requested my jurisprudence and bought me plane tickets.

They were even confused as to my enlistment status. They accidentally cut me orders instead of issuing me a subpoena. Apparently, some of my records have been lost. But I showed with hair past my shoulders, and no uniform, with no problems.

Basically, there is no government. There is no beaurocracy. Citizenship is a religious belief. The pyramid is a religious belief. I believe in the buildings that are called "McDonald's", and the people who work in their offices, and their stockholders, but as far as the corporation itself, its shares, its monies, or any other abstractions are concerned, I do not invest faith in them. Abstractions are existential, not necessarily existent in the way that actual forces and forms are existent. People who enforce laws do so because it is their will to act as they do, not because there is a law that actually exists. Laws are just ink on a page, the cum gurgling in the back of some politician's throat. If they had lived three hundred years ago, they might have used God's will as an excuse instead.

People are just as superstitious as ever. They are just a new breed of degenerates, with a new breed of lies to justify their own actions.

At the top of the pyramid, if there is such a thing, there is just some black magician waving a wand around like me.

So I employ whatever means that might suit me momentarily, in the protection of my own assets.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.