Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#10460 - 08/03/08 03:42 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Asmedious]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

Loc: chicago illinois
That's fair enough. I see why you would have taken the post in that context.

#10502 - 08/06/08 01:52 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Asmedious]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Asmedious, I totally agree with you. When I am at my most quiet, is generally when others are saying what I think, I don't want to repeat it and sound redundant.

I think I know what happened though...........

Zeph

#10514 - 08/06/08 04:24 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Damian Offline
stranger

Loc: Salem Mass
Satanist are not Anti Social, there just Proactive. We have to be careful how we react,don,t want to scare the straights lol,Damain.
#14114 - 11/09/08 05:07 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Damian]
Jake999 Offline

Antisocial? I would think that we tend to be adaptively social overall, and probably selectively social individually.

It's not as if we're hiding in caves or in that scary shack on the outside of town with curtains drawn, talking only to our pet crow, YOMAMA. We live in the world and therefore we react and interact selectively with that world around us. We adapt to the mundanity of the world in which we must exist, all the while reserving our own worlds for ourselves and the selected few we might choose to share it with.

#14119 - 11/09/08 08:06 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Jake999]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I am antisocial to an extent. I have alot friends and I have no problem hanging out with them. However, a good portion of the population I don't know and I don't want to know. Sure I'll talk to the occasional stranger or aquaintance at the bar. I am not going to automatically become all buddy-buddy with them though.

My friendship is something people have to earn. Should someone show themselves to be ignorant, or an asshole, or I just plain don't like them for any reason; there is a damn good chance I never will like them.

#14122 - 11/09/08 08:32 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Amina]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I definately think the whole "anti-social satanist" thing is because of people were around. Personally: i am not a shy person when im around people like me. when im around people, say..christians, you cant get a word out of me. I believe it all depends on who youre a round :]
#14157 - 11/10/08 03:55 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Yes it deffinatly depends on who you have around I do agree.
I always find myself asking if I really think having a conversation with someone that is speaking to me is really worth the time. Because out here in Iraq you are stuck with the same group of people and eventually people just get bored and do a lot of stupid shit. Which when this happens turns me off to wanting to attempt to speak with them on an intelligent level.

#14368 - 11/13/08 05:27 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Ringmaster]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I wouldn't say we are anti-social. More like "selectively social". I have many friends that are close to me, but I don't bother in idle socializing with people whom I don't care for or are not worth my time. Nor will I pretend to like people I have no interest in.

#16508 - 12/19/08 04:37 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: The Zebu]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Maybe. Sometimes. Yes. No.

This is a "christianized" society, like it or not. "Satanists" by their very nature, and what a nature, will most likely not go with the grain (internally).

This is dealt with individually, and involves many complicated issues of such an individual, so that can't be classified or "summed up" for easy digestion.

However, if you want to get technical, then investigate the DSM-IV, and look up "AntiSocial Personality 'Disorder'" - and therein maybe some knowledge. You will find, perhaps, that most individuals here may share some of the "indications" for such "disorder".

Good luck, "truth-seekers".

#16521 - 12/19/08 10:31 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: daevid777]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I do, actually. But I don't care, and nor do I have an "us-vs-them" mentality about society. In practice I focus on a by-individual basis.

#16542 - 12/19/08 08:40 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: The Zebu]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I find this whole discussion ridiculous.

Of course Satanists aren't inherently anti social!

The only reason a Satanist would be anti-social is if it suited his purposes to be a loner. But since people are social animals, and Satanists are people, and Satanists tend to excel..guess what?

Satanists tend to excel at social activity. What exactly do you think lesser magic means?

#16555 - 12/20/08 12:27 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Dan_Dread]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
"Antisocial Personality Disorder" is what I meant in my response, not antisocial on a day to day scale.

Ted Bundy would be a good example of what I'm discussing - or maybe a "bad" example... but he was a sexy-beast, nonetheless.

Many, many people with this type of "Personality Disorder" go the distance to excellence, and are quite social as it suits them and their needs.

Hope that idea wasn't lost.

#16556 - 12/20/08 01:40 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: daevid777]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Oh, no. I wasn't really responding to you. APD is a whole different thing. I understand the point you made.

I am just sick of the idea that Satanists are dark outcast loners or something. It just aint so.

#16558 - 12/20/08 02:27 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Jake999 Offline

You know, people DO get some strange ideas about you if they know you're a Satanist. I've had people come to my home and be shocked that the place isn't painted black and red inside... or that my kitchen appliances weren't black (I suppose for cooking Satanic meals)... or that I didn't have a ton of Halloween kitsch. One woman thanked me for not raping her when she left.

I do have a big ass fireplace with a mantel. Someone once asked me, "What do you do with THAT?" I told them, "I light a fire and keep warm in the winter." They looked disappointed.

I suppose it's from seeing too many movies, or listening to too many "experts." I suppose there are people out there who play up the part... maybe to bolster their own self image... maybe to impress someone... but I've always let what I say and what I do show who I am. Usually, that leaves the impression I want.

#16573 - 12/20/08 05:47 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Jake999]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I think it's important to be ABLE to get along with anyone. Sometimes my own personal divine plan involves interacting with strangers - pretty often actually. I take these interactions very seriously. I live in a town of 4000 people right now, and social intercourse can come back to bite you in the ass in a place like this. It would hinder my progress on my personal agenda to be labeled "antisocial" or "hermit" or "blasphemous heretic".

I understand LaVey was pretty gregarious. How else can you keep your finger on the pulse of your environment?

Here's a question - if you tell someone what's really going on in your head and they think you're joking, is that a social success or a failure?

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.