Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#18639 - 01/22/09 11:34 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Nemesis]
GarrettProAudio Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Nemesis

I think that the reason I've become so anti-social at work is that I am forced to be around people that normally I'd have nothing to do with, for 10 hours a day. That'll drive anyone crazy.

You ain't kidding there...
Have you ever thought of opening up your own business? I currently work for myself doing what I love for a living. When you figure on the fact that you are going to be working for about 50 years of your life, it better be doing something you love to do. Also, why spend all that time making your boss, owner of the business and others around you rich when all that time can be spent making yourself rich? Not just financially but in happiness and quality of life as well. Just a thought. Cheers.

#18646 - 01/23/09 07:18 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: GarrettProAudio]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Well, with that I am in a bit of a conundrum...my boss IS my boyfriend, and he and his dad own the company. Plus, I moved in with him, so when the business does well, we can afford to go on 10 day cruises to the Caribbean in a junior suite with a huge balcony, among other things. So when I make my boyfriend rich, I benefit.

However, we WOULD like to start our own business, if and when the current one gets sold off. And it most definitely will NOT be in the optical field!

#18939 - 01/25/09 11:51 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Picunnus]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
What's wrong with being given a label? It makes no difference how others see us as long as we remain mindfull of the things we need to, for example, the activities of daily living. Being Satanists, it slants us to a certain perspective and ways to go about handling matters. Is that social or anti-social?

Frankly, I don't care about how people interpret the things I do.

#18995 - 01/26/09 04:39 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: paolo sette]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Originally Posted By: paolo sette
What's wrong with being given a label? It makes no difference how others see us as long as we remain mindfull of the things we need to, for example, the activities of daily living. Being Satanists, it slants us to a certain perspective and ways to go about handling matters. Is that social or anti-social?

Frankly, I don't care about how people interpret the things I do.

And there's where you screw yourself. It matters a lot what others think, regardless of whether or not one feels secure enough to admit it.

I fucking HATE having to consider what others think of me. But here in the real world, their opinion can mean the difference between 90K/year and 12K.

Labels are bad unless they are helpful labels. I'd rather be considered a soccer mom than a satanist if that's what I needed to get where I wanted to go. Matter of fact, according to many, I would CULTIVATE the label of soccer mom if that's what got me there. The art of blending in is ALWAYS relative to attaining your goals. Ask any serial killer.

#19008 - 01/26/09 07:32 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: ceruleansteel]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: ceruleansteel
The art of blending in is ALWAYS relative to attaining your goals. Ask any serial killer.

Yes, that is very true. But damn, now you all know I am a serial killer. Oh well, good luck finding any of the bodies. \:D

#19017 - 01/26/09 08:26 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: ceruleansteel]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
The art of blending in is very important when I'm out mingling with the masses...I hate having to consider what others think of me too,but it would be detrimental to myself if I didn't- getting everyone offside by exhibiting antisocial behaviour and flaunting my beliefs for all to see wouldn't pay off for me at all - the roof over our heads, and the food in our bellies rely on my ability to be a warm and engaging person when the situation calls for it - an antisocial salesperson makes a pretty shit wage, if their even lucky enough to keep their jobs for more than a week.

I look at it as "playing a role" every day as I'm sure a lot of people do.

Out of work,I mostly keep to myself- I'm just that zany lady who plays the drums and hangs out with her dogs - re' my appearance, people are probably more likely to class me as a hippie than what their idea of a Satanist probably is, and that suits me just fine.

I don't want my Satanic Self sticking out like dog balls on a canary for all to see...
It's who I really am, and laying it out there for all and sundry would be akin to "wearing my heart on my sleeve" and that concept is repugnant to me.

I have my "antisocial" patches, where I just prefer to be by myself, playing my music and recharging my batteries, but most of the time, I'm a warm, gregarious person, it pays off better!

You definitely catch more flies if you use honey instead of petrol. ;\)

#19024 - 01/26/09 09:26 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: spiderbreeder]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
My social skills are well developed and I use them for fun and profit. Yet my relationships tend to be shallow by my standards because as a Satanist I'm comfortable with my shadow and most people aren't. For example, no one who knows my real name is aware of my fetish of watching pretty girls drink booze until they're incapacitated.
#19171 - 01/28/09 04:45 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Zoid]
spiderbreeder Offline

Sometimes it's better to keep your fetishes to yourself in certain circles- for example, ever since I found out about my Manager's fetish for being anally rogered whilst trying to breathe around an Amyll-soaked orange stuffed in his mouth, I just haven't been able to look at him without picturing him doing this....

Keeping quiet can be a very good thing, I reckon!

#19173 - 01/28/09 05:24 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: spiderbreeder]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: spiderbreeder
Sometimes it's better to keep your fetishes to yourself in certain circles- for example, ever since I found out about my Manager's fetish for being anally rogered whilst trying to breathe around an Amyll-soaked orange stuffed in his mouth, I just haven't been able to look at him without picturing him doing this....

Keeping quiet can be a very good thing, I reckon!

Amyll-soaked orange... Amyl acetate? Amyl nitrate? This is new to me.

#19181 - 01/28/09 07:44 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Zoid]
spiderbreeder Offline

Amyl-nitrate.....

If you inhale it , it sends you off into spin-out land, in my bosses case, it probably enhances the feeling of being anally rogered. \:o

Apologies to the Moderators, I't just struck me that we've veered right off the thread topic....

Back to talking about/being antisocial.

#19188 - 01/28/09 11:12 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: spiderbreeder]
Gilmoa Offline
stranger

Loc: San Antonio, Tx
Why be anti-social when you can use others for your own benefit? Maybe some "gothic" idiots who shop at Hot Topic exercise anti-social behavior under the illusion that Satanists possess a hatred for others, but 99% of those dolts aren't Satanists. People are disposable and always around to help me whenever I please. Besides, a life without interesting conversation would be very... boring.
#27647 - 07/28/09 05:53 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Kon]
Jesse Offline
stranger

Satanists... Anti-social? How ridiculous...

I mean, I hate people because 90% of them are backwards minded excuses for a sentient life form, but shit, if I;m going to walk outside my house, looks to my left, then look to my right and see people, everyday, why not socialize. I mean the wilderness isn't calling me yet, I still have years of my sanity to cling to before useless wretches drain the color from me completley.

Personally, I'm reclusive, I enjoy my privacy and what I do in my private time is no ones damn business. But when it comes time to talk, why not. I'll exchange pleasantries with people if I have to, make a friend or two we'll go out have a good time, I'll be me and insult the hell out of people, because it's just who I am, and I don't care. And when that's over it's back to business as usual.

#27917 - 08/04/09 07:28 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Jesse]
ceruleansteel Offline

I say that I hate people, but the truth is that it's more a disappointment than anything else. That disappointment is no more apparent than in my dating life. If I happen to find a guy who can carry on an intelligent conversation, he invariably turns out to be a troll, or lives a billion miles away, or has some heretofore unknown mental issues. And let's not even begin to go into what seems to be a mass sexual dysfunction...

Keeping to yourself in your personal life, though seemingly antisocial, is probably the best thing that anyone can do if they don't fit the mold of social norms and carry the torch of whatever is currently "in". Out in public, however, I hold fast to the belief that it is better to appear in your sheep's clothing. Especially if you are in a position where you have not established yourself. Once you are established, it matters a hell of a lot less where your convictions lay.

#27918 - 08/04/09 08:05 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Azathoth68 Offline
pledge

Loc: Denver, CO USA
 Originally Posted By: ceruleansteel

Once you are established, it matters a hell of a lot less where your convictions lay.

Frightening to males. Or at least to those that aren't seeking approval. \:\/

Edited by Azathoth68 (08/04/09 08:07 PM)

#27920 - 08/04/09 09:20 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Azathoth68]
ceruleansteel Offline

It seems you may have misunderstood the meaning of that sentence, though simply trying to "split hairs" is probably a more apropriate assessment of your reply.

It seems that only a person who thinks on the smallest of scales could interpret that in such a narrow way.

I love how people want to turn their nose up at others who don't "fit the satanic mold" by "looking like a Satanist" and try to say they are "seeking approval" just because they don't have Pentagram tattoos on their faces or run around in black yelling "hail satan!". Unless you plan on making your millions by being an openly satanic sort, such as LaVey or even that two bit marilyn manson, then it is obviously counterproductive to snub society and be the big bad TSB toting rebel.

For all you know, Bill Gates could be a Satanist. He can definitely fit the profile. There are loads of highly successful people who ARE Satanists, regardless of how they APPEAR TO LIVE.

What purpose does it serve for someone who is just beginning to establish themselves as a professional to openly declare themselves to be something that is barely understood, much less condoned by the masses? So far, I have seen no evidence presented by all of you who cry "approval seeker, sheep" etc., that proves this theory wrong. I HAVE, however, seen incidences of the same people who criticize the Satanic chameleons crying and whining on other threads about how no one understands you, the cops hassle you, your parents don't accept you, etc etc blah blah blah.

Aside from the fact that one-liners are frowned on, until you can come up with some proof of someone who was openly Satanic and able to climb a corporate ladder, become a three star general, or any other such accomplishment, then I will hold that your opinion is shit and mine is ideal.

Edited by ceruleansteel (08/04/09 09:21 PM)

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.