Page 6 of 6 « First<23456
Topic Options
#28050 - 08/07/09 06:16 AM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Just in case you don't mean the collective "you".

Quote:
Perhaps you approached Satanism thinking it was a ticket to excuse everything you might want to think, say, or do. Quite a surprise to many Satanists to discover that exactly the opposite is true; you can never again be a hypocrite.

I approached Satanism with curiosity, as I do everything in my life. My only surprise was that the more I read and learned, the more I agreed.

Being a mother, however, and a single mother at that who may as well be living in Salem, I find it more prudent to protect what is mine (my children and my ability to feed, clothe, and rear them) and just keep my mouth shut.

For the record, I gave the Judge an honest answer. He asked why I owned the book and I told him I bought it to research. I then informed him that the list of philosophies and religions I had NOT researched was much much shorter than the list of ones I HAD researched, and proceeded to dazzle him with the general knowledge that I had gleaned from doing all that nerding around.

I don't recall that he ever asked me my religious leanings.

I'm glad that both of you were able to succeed with your pointy red tails hanging out for the world to see, but it seems to me that you are the exception to the rule. It also seems to me that you both have something in common and I think that commonality may have been a reason for your success.

I dress like everyone else and I look like everyone else. The difference is that I do not ACT like everyone else around here.

#28075 - 08/07/09 01:30 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: ceruleansteel
Just in case you don't mean the collective "you".

Originally Posted By: Aquino
Perhaps you approached Satanism thinking it was a ticket to excuse everything you might want to think, say, or do. Quite a surprise to many Satanists to discover that exactly the opposite is true; you can never again be a hypocrite.

Yes, I meant the "collective you".

Quote:
Being a mother, however, and a single mother at that who may as well be living in Salem, I find it more prudent to protect what is mine (my children and my ability to feed, clothe, and rear them) and just keep my mouth shut.

In the Army I got to my feet plenty of times for some chaplain's official benediction.

Quote:
For the record, I gave the Judge an honest answer. He asked why I owned the book and I told him I bought it to research. I then informed him that the list of philosophies and religions I had NOT researched was much much shorter than the list of ones I HAD researched, and proceeded to dazzle him with the general knowledge that I had gleaned from doing all that nerding around.

When that Amy chaplain attempted his "SRA" scam against Lilith & myself, our home was served with a joint FBI/CID/SFPD search warrant. Everyone showed up because it was the coolest search warrant to serve. It wasn't funny at the time, but retrospectively it was slapstick. Feature two FBI agents going through my library (which would do credit to the Miskatonic University) having no idea WTF they were looking for and zoning out on most of the books anyway. One cop triumphantly said, "I found a photo of a naked kid on a bearskin rug!" The sergeant said disgustedly, "That's just Michael; look at the eyebrows."

#28079 - 08/07/09 02:43 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Yep. When you were at a function and that function called for standing for a benediction, you stood. Didn't mean you had to agree with it. It was pretty much an honoring of tradition and group identity. You stood as one. If they had stood as one to proclaim, "WE'RE THE BEST DAMNED COMBAT MOBILITY OPERATION IN THE WORLD," it would have had the same overall group meaning.

I know what you mean about the investigations becoming slapstick! When I was in Turkey and living in base housing at Incirlik, I was required to have a telephone because I was on-call for emergency operation, so the base supplied one. After a while, when I picked up the phone, I began to hear that tell-tale "click" that someone was monitoring it. For a while it was amusing. My wife and I even took the phone off the hook and laid it next to us on the bed to give the monitor a thrill.

Finally, I went down to the OSI and asked what the hell I was being monitored for. It was pretty obvious, but they couldn't say that it was because I was a Satanist and that there were several people coming to my house to discuss it with me. Instead, I got... "You're being investigated for drug use."

Now, those here know how I feel about drugs, and I was death on them in the military as well, and that was pretty much known to everyone as well. The OSI agent in plain clothes (I later found out he was a Lt. Colonel), said, "Well, you KNOW people who do drugs.

My response was, "So do you."

He then said, "You listen to hard rock music, and its a known fact that people who listen to hard rock music take drugs." (Talk about profiling... I was lucky I didn't part my hair in the middle.)

So I asked, "Ok. What kind of music do YOU listen to?"

He looked proud as a peacock when he announced, "Why, I listen to country music."

I told him, "Well, it's a known fact that people who listen to country music mate with sheep."

I then told him that if he had any further questions about what I do, what I believe or what music I listen to, he should contact my commander, and I would be more than willing to sit down and discuss it. If not, get off of my phone, it was to be used for military necessity only, and stay out of my business unless I was violating some article of the UCMJ.

The clicking stopped.

#28081 - 08/07/09 03:41 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
... The clicking stopped.

Jake, I think I found the official record of that.

#28082 - 08/07/09 03:49 PM Re: Satanists anti social? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

LOL! You gotta love the Freak Brothers! (For those who don't get them, you kinda had to be there at the time.)

Page 6 of 6 « First<23456

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.