Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9115 - 05/27/08 07:14 PM Death and another question
Sonolin Offline
stranger

Loc: Tracy, California
Hello,

I have recently been learning about LaVeyan Satanism and know that I am truly Satanist. I am very interested.. I read the Satanic Bible in a day and don't even own it (I have it and the Satanic Witch pre-ordered from Barnes and Noble, its just something I won't be able to live without a hard copy of). I have been a sort of Eclectic Pagan for my entire life (I am 16) and have come to realize I have been lying to myself.

Anyways, on to my questions.

The first is - what are your thoughts on death? In the Satanic Bible it talks about how the Satanist will be the one to "live on" when talking about the Buddhism thought of reincarnation. However, I am confused as to what he means by this. Does he mean that you will actually reincarnate? I am just unsure what he means.. I don't think he means you live on in a spiritual form as Satanism is not a spiritual religion.

The second question is - I own a traditional pentacle from my previous Pagan practice. Would it be "wrong" to wear this pentacle? I usually wear this pentacle daily, nearly to whatever I do (I wear it to school, to the store, hell I've even wore it to church once when a friend wanted me to go :P), but I do know the differences between the two pentagrams - the traditional pagan Pentagram revolves around the spirit of man, while the Baphomet pentacle revolves around the logic and moral codes behind Satanism. I just don't want to give people the wrong impression (that Satanism uses this pentacle, etc.) but also don't want to just stop wearing it. I don't know I am just confused and any help in the matter you could provide would be very helpful. I will be purchasing a Baphomet pentacle soon, along with many ritual supplies, but this question is just plaguing me.

Thank you for your help, I look forward to many years of life as a Satanist, and I hope that I am understanding things as they should be,

Michael

#9117 - 05/27/08 07:35 PM Re: Death and another question [Re: Sonolin]
SATANAS Offline
stranger

Loc: ANCHORAGE - ALASKA
im gona take a stab at this one - if your asking a satatanist - like me - im gonna be honest with you - im not gonna get all pollitically corect on you - im not gonna quote some book to you - shit - i probably wont even spell right - im just gonna be strait up with you - so you think your a satanist - well we all do hunny - what about death - fuck death are you kidding me it oviously sucks what should i wear - if you have to wear a necklace wear a pentegram if you think you worship the devil or are a satanist and i know i wasnt gonna quote any books but fuck it i lied - im a satanist - a greedy lying selfish evil satanist - read all books by Anton LaVey

#9134 - 05/28/08 12:16 AM Re: Death and another question [Re: SATANAS]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I believe he meant that your legacy would endure and live on. Provided you did something with your life. Most satanists I know are driven to create and do something. We have musicians, artists, writers, scientists, sculptors, and builders in our masses. When they die, their works will still be there for generations to see and learn from or enjoy. To me, this is what was meant by Lavey. Make a stamp, so that others may see it.

If you feel your Pentagram inspires you, wear it. I would keep it hidden, unless I was participating in a like minded group gathering or ritual. You only bring attention on yourself when you wear something like that into a church or close minded gathering.

#9137 - 05/28/08 12:26 AM Re: Death and another question [Re: fakepropht]
Sonolin Offline
stranger

Thank you for your response, Fakepropht, I understand what you are saying completely.

Actually my pentacle has not brought as much attention to myself as one may guess. Once I started wearing it it seemed as though the fundies actually started to leave me alone if that makes sense XP. If Christians can wear their crosses over their shirt, I don't see why I can't wear my pentacle. It also may differ from location as well.

#9141 - 05/28/08 01:20 AM Re: Death and another question [Re: Sonolin]
darkseeker Offline
stranger

I've always felt that any symbol can bring personal power as long as it evokes an emotional response in you. I for one still enjoy looking at the crucifix, although I would never wear one due to the inevitable fire that would spontaneously combust once it touched my skin! LOL. Anyways, symbols are very powerful and there is no "right" or "wrong" symbol for you to wear...only the one that empowers you. In time a new symbol will come into your life. BTW Levi's Baphomet is my all time favorite!
#9142 - 05/28/08 04:27 AM Re: Death and another question [Re: Sonolin]
Amina Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Sonolin
The first is - what are your thoughts on death? In the Satanic Bible it talks about how the Satanist will be the one to "live on" when talking about the Buddhism thought of reincarnation.

In TSB LaVey is very critical on reincarnation explaining it as a fantasy:

Quote:
The Eastern mystic believes strongly in reincarnation. To a person who has virtually nothing in this life, the possibility that he may have been a king in a past life or may be one in the next life is very attractive, and does much to appease his need for self-respect. If there is nothing in which they can take pride in this life, they can console themselves by thinking, there are always future lives."
[...]
If people were able to divorce themselves from the stigma attached to personal ego-fulfillment, they would not need to play self-deceitful games such as belief in reincarnation as a means of satisfying their natural need for ego-fulfillment.

The Satanic Bible page 93.

LaVey is not very clear on the issue of life after death, the reason being that he is very much focused on life. In The Satanic Bible he write this about the possibility of the ego surviving death:

Quote:
If a person has been vital throughout his life and has fought to the end for his earthly existence, it is this ego which will refuse to die, even after the expiration of the flesh which housed it. Young children are to be admired for their driving enthusiasm for life. This is exemplified by the small child who refuses to go to bed when there is something exciting going on, and when once put to bed, will sneak down the stairs to peek through the curtain and watch. It is this child-like vitality that will allow the Satanist to peek through the curtain of darkness and death and remain earthbound.

The Satanic Bible page 94.

This kind of survival sounds like some kind of ghostlike existence. As far as I know this view was left later on and replaced with the idea, that noting but your reputation and your accomplishments survives death. The ego and personality only surviving as a memory in the brains of those who loved or feared you.

Originally Posted By: Sonolin
The second question is - I own a traditional pentacle from my previous Pagan practice. Would it be "wrong" to wear this pentacle?

Yes it would. Christians don't have an issue with it, because they view all pentagrams as satanic. satanists and pagans would be confused, and this would make it hard for you to signal where you belong. But the worst problem as I see it is that it symbolice your old life as a pagan. If your have left your old path and want to choose another, then you should not use a symbol so connected with your old life. If you love the Pentagram, then try to find a goldsmith or someone else who can alter the Pentagram.

- Amina

#9154 - 05/28/08 10:29 AM Re: Death and another question [Re: Amina]
Sonolin Offline
stranger

Thank you darkseeker and Amina. Great addition about the goldsmith, by the way!

Yes that is one thing I would hate to get confused (to Amina).. but its not like my life will end if I don't wear my pentacle lol ;\)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.