Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9199 - 05/29/08 02:24 PM "Wicked" the show.
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
This is a bit off topic, since there's no forum for theater. Non the less, if anyone gets the chance to go see "Wicked," the original Broadway production, that is now on tour, I would highly recommend it. It's one of the best productions that I have seen.

It's the story of what really happened in OZ behind the scenes, and how everyone became the way they were.

It is more for adults then children, but I think older kids, like 12 and up would appreciate it as well.

I liked it so much, that I might go back again while it's in my area. Tickets are expensive though. Mine was around 69 dollars, and that's mid range. However, unlike shit like "Rent," this production put a real effort into costumes and their special stage effects.

[url=http://<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kt4wp1LN2_o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kt4wp1LN2_o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>][/url]

Edited by Asmedious (05/29/08 02:39 PM)

#9221 - 05/30/08 12:43 PM Re: "Wicked" the show. [Re: Asmedious]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Is it a production currently only touring in America or other places as well? I am very interested. Thank you for getting back to me. Sorry for the short answer, in a rush.

~Snow~.

#9233 - 05/30/08 02:11 PM Re: "Wicked" the show. [Re: PigFeeder]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
After the success that the show had in New York City; I believe that they have put together several touring shows. I have seen clips from a British production, and even a Japenese one.

Granted, I can not vouch for the quality of all of them, but the one touring the U.S, is fantatic. If I said that it is the ORIGINAL broadway production, then I was mistaken, since the show is still playing on Broadway at this time.

Just yesterday, I was browsing through the program that I received at the play, and found a card in it, that the part of the Wicked Witch wasn't being played by the regular actress, for the performance that I have seen.
Non the less, she was awesome, and I would have never known that she wasn't the regular player, if I didn't find that card.

I'm almost definitely going to go see it again, while it's in my area.

#9288 - 05/31/08 04:57 PM Re: "Wicked" the show. [Re: Asmedious]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
I'm off to look it up and touring places and dates. If they play in Quebec or near here, I will gladly take my girlfriend to see it. I'm always up for a good performance, and you seem quite enthusiastic about it. Sounds like it would be somethign to definetly look into. *Off to look into it!*

~Snow~.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.