Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#92786 - 09/10/14 02:29 PM The Devil Went Down in Vancouver...
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia

According to Global News , the city removed the statue but not before giving locals a good trolling. The statue wasn’t commissioned by the city and calls went flooding in once passersby got a good eye full of all its phallic glory. The vacant pedestal was ripe for the picking after the Columbus Statue was moved to Hastings Park a decade ago, satellite photos show the pedestal was empty as recently as 2012.

You would think the city would take better care, the Graffiti present and the fact that the statue went up undetected is a good indication of negligence. Tax Dollars at work!

Whomever is responsible (artist or activist alike) it’s giggle worthy but seems like a waste of artistic talent. If no one claims the thing, it will be destroyed or sold at auction (without artist credits). It may very well be a silent nod to The Satanic Temple‘s efforts in challenging the 10 Commandments Monument in Oklahoma City.

Vancouver parents say, “It sends a bad message. He’s not wearing a condom...”

#92789 - 09/10/14 02:58 PM Re: The Devil Went Down in Vancouver... [Re: SIN3]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Ya, grandville and Clarke. It was originally a store mannequin. Took buddy about 2 weeks to build..still lolling that they went though with it. The thing was there for a month or more heh.

#92791 - 09/10/14 03:17 PM Re: The Devil Went Down in Vancouver... [Re: SIN3]
Czereda Offline

Loc: Poland
A cute devil. It's a pity it's been removed. I like it much better than that Satanic Temple statue.

#92792 - 09/10/14 03:41 PM Re: The Devil Went Down in Vancouver... [Re: Dan_Dread]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Wow, a whole month huh? Seems like a lost opportunity, the city could have profited by turning it into a game of ring toss \:\)

They can always have a Bake Sale

Quote:
Satanism is more of like a provocative idea,” he said. “We’re just trying to find people that have similar mindsets to hang out with.” In fact, Club Satan will include activities such as punk-rock bingo, do-it-yourself tattoos, bowling and bake sales, according to Switzer.

#92801 - 09/10/14 07:43 PM Re: The Devil Went Down in Vancouver... [Re: SIN3]
Balcombe Offline

Loc: California (CA)
I read that bake sale article and then my head exploded. I just finished putting it back together:

“But even actual Satanism shouldn’t be offensive,” Switzer insists. ”It’s not necessarily opposed to any theologies or devil worship. It has more to do with Taoism than it does with Christianity.”

Then how about Club Tao?

And then I performed a facepalm to the tune of perfect 10's when the dude ended the article with, "a lot of christians were mad and want to kick our ass, I don't know why..."

#92813 - 09/11/14 10:48 AM Re: The Devil Went Down in Vancouver... [Re: Balcombe]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I know, it's pretty funny.

Quote:
Any distaste toward the club arises from jumping to conclusions, in Switzer’s opinion. And though he’s not worried about it, he had to deal with it on Gould Street.

“A lot of people gave us a lot of shit,” he said. “A lot of Christians specifically got really mad. They’d swear, they’d kick our stuff. I don’t know why. I can’t figure it out.”

He went jumping to conclusions while pointing his finger at other people jumping to conclusions.

If you want some Academic basis, then it would have been more interesting to form a debate club where you pit a Christian against a Satanist to see what comes out. May have even developed into a neat fight club, no worries about backlash because you don't talk about fight club!

#92832 - 09/11/14 05:20 PM Re: The Devil Went Down in Vancouver... [Re: SIN3]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Update:

Petition to re-erect Satan's Boner

Quote:
The petition, called ‘Bring the Giant Satan-With-An-Erection Statue Back to East Vancouver‘, has more than 1,000 signatures already. It was created by Darryl Greer and mentions that if the city can install a statue of a porcelain dog on Main Street with a price tag of almost $100,000, it can install a statue of Satan with no cost to taxpayers.

Bada-bing!

HILARIOUS, so this whole tax-payer theft may work to Satan's advantage. The mannequin was FREE, it's placement was FREE but to remove it cost tax-payers dollars. 100K for a dog-statue and they can't take a little devilish good fun?

There's a few more petitions: See Link

Meanwhile, in Oklahoma calls are flooding in to prevent the diabolical Baphomet to sit along side the 10 Commandments. The people in Vancouver seem way cooler \:\)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.007 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.