Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#24950 - 05/24/09 12:44 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
My question would be why waste time with such a ritual? Hebrew mysticism is as nonsensical as anything else. In order for this sort ritual to have a beneficial effect, the practitioner would first have to have a firmly held belief in the Old Testament.

#24954 - 05/24/09 04:34 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Fist]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
 Originally Posted By: Fist
My question would be why waste time with such a ritual? Hebrew mysticism is as nonsensical as anything else. In order for this sort ritual to have a beneficial effect, the practitioner would first have to have a firmly held belief in the Old Testament.

Why?

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#24960 - 05/24/09 09:53 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Fist]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Western Qabalism, while originally stemming from hebrew mysticism, has- over the centuries- developed into its' own little system completely apart from true Qabalah (which is inherently Judaic) and has become a standard aspect of Hermeticism and western magic.

As a magical tool, it is possible to strip Qabala of its' religious aspects for utilitarian purposes of applying it to some other system (even Satanism), and can be very effective in ritual workings.

I've used it before, but nowadays I prefer not to, since when I started to learn about real Qabala, I just started to feel like the western interpretation was just a foreign bastardization of Hebrew tradition. It's just not my thing anymore, but those who are not put off by this will certainly find much of value in the system. It's just not to my taste though.

#24976 - 05/25/09 04:28 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Scarlett156 Offline
pledge

Loc: rural Eastern Colorado (USA)
I don't know if this "22 Nails" and "23 Nails" are the same thing, or two different things. But I looked pretty hard for "22 Nails" and didn't come up with anything, and never heard of it before I read this topic. Anyway, in case they ARE the same thing, I was offering the one I have. It seems the original poster is no longer about, but nevertheless. The site I c/ped my copy of 23 Nails from is no longer around. The site where I first heard about it is no longer around. xoxox

#24994 - 05/26/09 12:10 AM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Scarlett156]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
So I guess retyping what you claim to have is too much work...

Morgan

Yes, its one line.

#25005 - 05/26/09 12:13 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Morgan]
Scarlett156 Offline
pledge

Why would I post it here if it's not what the OP is looking for? If you want the ritual, let me know. It's kind of interesting. (I wouldn't have to re-type it, just c/p it, of course.) xoxo

#25018 - 05/27/09 01:22 AM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Scarlett156]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Whatever, if you can't add something to a conversation then don't mention/post about it.

For your information.....

http://www.the600club.com/dir/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/topic/603

We also ask not to post "one-liners" as it is a waste of board space. Feel free to send your "one-liner" in a PM.

First Level: Registered User
You start off as a "Newbie." After a certain amount of posts your title changes and so on. We ask that you do not make "one-liner posts" or just write garbage to speed up your title change. If you do so your posts will be deleted and if you continue to do so you will find yourself banned.

Edited by Morgan (05/27/09 01:24 AM)
Edit Reason: clarify rules....

#25042 - 05/27/09 04:16 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Morgan]
Scarlett156 Offline
pledge

I notice that my last post has been changed, but not a big deal. I <3 the internet.

I have a ritual called "23 Nails" which I am not sure is the same ritual asked about by the OP (er.... Original Poster, is what that means). I copied it off of another website. The ritual was written by poet Stephen Sennit, and purportedly contacts cthonian entities that are named in the (so-called) Necronomicon. I know people who have performed this ritual. I have not done it myself. I don't want to post it here because its irresponsible use has led to at least 2 deaths that I know of. (That's hearsay, not direct experience, but I don't doubt the accounts on the other hand.)

I did not make a one-line post. I read the rules of this forum thoroughly before I joined, and read them again upon my admission. I have never heard of a ritual called "22 Nails" before I joined this group, but I do know of a ritual called "23 Nails". That's why I replied in this topic. Not trying to fight with anybody; I have plenty of fighting in this "real life" thing to occupy my attention. xoxo

#25046 - 05/27/09 04:59 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Scarlett156]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
. I don't want to post it here because its irresponsible use has led to at least 2 deaths that I know of. (That's hearsay, not direct experience, but I don't doubt the accounts on the other hand.)

You have heard it led to "2deaths".
Magic word here is Heard.. Seeing is believing. Question to you: why don't you doubt about the accounts who gave the information to you? One should be critical and straight-forward, not draw back and remain in cowardise. Ask them for the evidences.
Being the rational bastard I am, I doubt that ANY ritual has killed someone (unless by chance or stupidity on the performers behalf).
Also the fact that performing a ritual from a mere poet who made references to the fictive work "Necronomicon".

Quote:
Not trying to fight with anybody; I have plenty of fighting in this "real life" thing to occupy my attention.

Too bad for you, life is life... Grow the neccesary backbone if you can't take it, otherwise hide in your home under the table. This is life, it's hard, it's raw, it simply makes it fascinating and "deep". If you can't take critics here: the door (or should I say button) to leave is still and will always be present.

#25047 - 05/27/09 05:09 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Quote:
This is life, it's hard, it's raw, it simply makes it fascinating and "deep"

Dimi, I assume the lady does know what life is, even if only guessing her age, so I find it particularly amusing to see someone that has been sucking mommy's tit for 19 years, and still does, tell others what life is all about.

D.

#25048 - 05/27/09 05:22 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Diavolo]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

It's a good tit ..

I might not have the age you have, but I'm not complaining life is treating me bad.. Hell, I even have/had my own troubles but it didn't kept me away from giving critics and going into confrontations.

Then again, what do the people know from my background ;\) as far as I'm concerned the things I told thusfar which isn't quite much..

Edited by Dimitri (05/27/09 05:25 PM)

#25066 - 05/28/09 02:18 AM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Scarlett156]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Honestly, now its 3 posts you have written including a one liner about this poem/rite you claim to have.

I doubt the admins or mods changed your post.

I don't care about your life or your problems.

Either post it, or shut the fuck up about it.

Morgan

#25077 - 05/28/09 01:03 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Dimitri]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Forget to add yesterday (and my apologies for not being on topic), I do not really "leech" my parents for some time now.
I have to pay a monthly sum if I want to stay here. Just because I want to study further and want to have a better degree (with the one I already have, I am already qualified to do a job I like but I'm quite a brainiac and like to have a back-up..)
I am forced to stay at my parents, being in the "impossibility" of actually moving my ass.. for the moment.

It's a sort of "rent".. and covers the expenses they have on me (home to live, food, college money,..)

#25088 - 05/28/09 03:55 PM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The Starry Wisdom: A Tribute to H. P. Lovecraft

Language: English
Genre: Fantasy, Horror short stories
Publisher: Creation Books
Publication date: 1994
Media type: print (paperback)
Pages: 191
ISBN: ISBN 1871592321

The Starry Wisdom: A Tribute to H. P. Lovecraft was edited by D. M. Mitchell and published by Creation Books in 1994. Declaring that "Lovecraft has suffered much at the hands of unmindful critics and even more from uninspired and talentless imitators," Mitchell declares that the collection's goal is "to dig deeper, to bypass the superficial and access the subterranean channels of archetype and inspiration with which Lovecraft was connected.... [Lovecraft] crafted morbid and disturbing allegories of social and biological upheaval--cryptically prophetic and spiritually exploratory--this latent content of his work now needs excavating."[8]

Some of the stories in the collection--notably those by Burroughs and Ballard--were not inspired by Lovecraft, but were seen by Mitchell as sharing his "visions of cosmic alienation". In those stories that make direct references to the Cthulhu Mythos, they are "used only in passing--in the same informal way in which Lovecraft himself intended."[9]

The contents are:

* "Lovecraft in Heaven" by Grant Morrison
* "Third Eye Butterfly" by James Havoc and Mike Philbin
* "A Thousand Young" by Robert M. Price
* "The Night Sea-Maid Went Down" by Brian Lumley
* "From this Swamp" by Henry Wessels
* "Prisoner of the Coral Deep" by J. G. Ballard
* "Black Static" by David Conway
* "Red Mass" by Dan Kellett
* "Wind Die. You Die. We Die" by William S. Burroughs
* "The Call of Cthulhu" by John Coulthart & H. P. Lovecraft
* "Potential" by Ramsey Campbell
* "Walpurgisnachtmusik" by Simon Whitechapel
* "Meltdown" by D. F. Lewis
* "Beyond Reflection" by John Beal
* "This Exquisite Corpse" by C. G. Brandrick & D. M. Mitchell
* "Extracted from the Mouth of the Consumer, Rotting Pig" by Michael Gira
* "Hypothetical Materfamilias" by Adele O. Gladwell
* "The Sound of a Door Opening" by Don Webb
* "The Courtyard" by Alan Moore
* "The Dreamers in Darkness" by Peter Smith
* "Pills for Miss Betsy" by Rick Grimes
* "23 Nails" by Stephen Sennitt
* "Ward 23" by D. M. Mitchell

I guess it wasn't that lethal.

D.

#25109 - 05/29/09 02:20 AM Re: 22 Nails [Re: Diavolo]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
i have this book. guess i could have saved everyone some debating if i read the occult section more often.
sennitt wrote a lot of items of this nature. fun, but none to be taken seriously in my humble opinion.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.