Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#9388 - 06/04/08 02:19 PM Questions about churches/meetings?
JamesMcShane Offline
lurker

Loc: Philly
I'm still new to most things satanic. I've read what there is to read and understand a great deal of the philosophies that enter into it.
My question, however, is are there any meetings similar to that of other forms of organized religions. If so, how do I find them because I'd like to meet people first hand and better understand it that way.

I'm in Philadelphia now and will return to connecticut shortly, locations in either of those places, or people in either of those places, would be nice.

#9392 - 06/04/08 03:54 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: JamesMcShane]
Amina Offline

Loc: Denmark
I am not sure, but my guess is that you would have a hard time finding a functional local off-line group.

As far as I know all the local groups have been short lived. I think the problem is that satanists are so few in numbers that is is hard to bring together a functional local group. If you try to form a local group you will often get too few members, or you will have a group composed of too different people who have to little in common. Another problem is that it is hard to keep together a group unless the group have very concrete activities. Most satanist do not have a need for weekly rituals etc., and groups that have actual real life projects one could work on are fare between. As far as I know, some of the most long lived groups have been formed around metal bands and other secondary activities.

- Amina

#9393 - 06/04/08 08:53 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Amina]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Our local offline group has been going strong for around 10 years now. In fact, we were just discussing our next meeting and trying to determine what we would do and where it would be held. You paint a rather broad picture of satanists Amina. Keep in mind, there were strong groups meeting and corresponding long before this damned internet came along. And they still continue to this day, and may have become stronger thanks to this damned internet.

James, we have a feature on this site. It is called World Map. It shows you locations of registered users. Try looking there for others in your area. Send them a PM to see if they are interested in meeting or forming a group. Perhaps they know of a group and would be willing to share that info with you. There are a lot of forums out there to form groups. Try meetup.com or craiglist. Myspace and Facebook also. Our poker group used a site to gain members and get the word out on the next basement game. I don't remember which site it was. There are a lot of Satanism sites out there. Browse them. Google them.

#9397 - 06/05/08 05:27 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: fakepropht]
Amina Offline

Fakepropht, we have also had a off-line group for more then ten years publishing a magazine, organizing summercamps and halloweens etc., but in the same time I have seen lots of groups disappear. Some groups function, but they are very few and most disappear within a year. Maybe he can find other local satanists, but unless at least one of them has good people skills and know how to organize, the group will be dead before the 3. meeting.

- Amina

#9403 - 06/05/08 07:51 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Amina]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
In philly, there are a few Satanist I know of. Very nice people, none of them are on this site. They kinda keep lo-key. They kinda mix in with the vamp/goth scene in philly. If you go to some of the goth shops, there are fliers for parties, and you will find satanists at the parties cause its just a small area.
In connecticut, well, as fakey said check the map.

Good luck,
M

#9462 - 06/09/08 06:05 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Morgan]
JamesMcShane Offline
lurker

Loc: Philly
I'll read all of your responses in a moment
Sorry about taking so long to return.
Thanks!

#9467 - 06/09/08 08:32 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: JamesMcShane]
JohnTurk Offline
stranger

Loc: Indiana, US
Yeah, that is basically what I am looking for as well, I mean I live in Indiana and I cannot find anyone related to Satanism. I mean I can barely find the Bible anywhere.
#9471 - 06/10/08 12:54 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: JohnTurk]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
Are we not the System.
Are we not the Beast?
Hail!
Hail!
Are we not the Truckers.
Are we not the Economy.
Are we not the Workers.
Heil!
Heil!
Hail!
Hail!
Satan.
Nature!
Are we not the Healers of the World?
Are we not the Killers of the world?
Are we together or Divided?
Together or Divided?
We Must Stay Together.
Together!
Hail!
Heil!
Can we not Make the Liars listen?
Can we not Rock the World?
We are the System.
The System Is us.
Hail.
Hail.
The Beast!
The Beast!
The System.
The System.
Eat.
Drink.
Spend time with Family.
Love while you Can.
Hate if you must.
Commune with Nature.
Commune with your Circle.
Hail.
Hail.
Nature!
Nature!
Which Is Satan.
Which is Satan.
Hail.
Hail!

#9473 - 06/10/08 01:25 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Isaak w shipley]
The Fat One Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri, USA
I live in in Missouri and have not yet found anyone that lives under the title of a Satanist besides myself. Although I have come across many "white-lighters" that after talking about their beliefs and everyday practices it would seem that they are "living the life" of a Satanist just have accepted the title. There used to be a supply shop in downtown Kansas City that sold ritual supplies and had an extensive library but as of the first of the year they refuse to carry any products or books meant for the "left handed path." I would also like to find a group of fellow Satanist to party with. Not so much interested in a church or ritual setting but just some people that share my beliefs or at least understand where I am coming from when I say or do certain things.

#9479 - 06/10/08 08:19 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: The Fat One]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Damn, it must be depressing living in America. In the city I live I know so many satanists that I've lost count. And it's not a thing that needs much hiding either, so spotting one isn't very hard. Not much percecution here. Finland is a christian country but nut an over conservative at that, the zealots are such a great minority that they don't have any voice over anything. They are merely scorned by their christian brothers too...
#9481 - 06/10/08 08:40 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
JohnTurk Offline
stranger

Loc: Indiana, US
Yeah where I live in Indiana, its like a Christian community. I mean there are pretty much two catholic schools. Honestly, I dont know anyone in my town tha are Satanic. Not one person.
#9483 - 06/10/08 08:56 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Amina Offline

Originally Posted By: MaggotFaceMoe
Damn, it must be depressing living in America. In the city I live I know so many satanists that I've lost count

I have had contact with more then a hundred danish satanist and I guess I have personally met with around 30. I am not sure, but I have a feeling that we have a higher % of satanists in Europe. With the size of my country (you can drive from one end to the other in around five hours) and the small number of citizens I guess we can be compared to a very, very small county or a city in the US?

- Amina

#9484 - 06/10/08 09:33 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Amina]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Yeah, by population Finland could be counted a city in America for we have less people than in New York City, counting just a bit over 5 million. 5 302 375 to be exact, had to look it up \:\)
#9488 - 06/10/08 12:07 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Amina Offline

Originally Posted By: MaggotFaceMoe
Yeah, by population Finland could be counted a city in America [...] counting just a bit over 5 million.

We are almost 5.5 million people in Denmark, so we are a few more \:\)

- Amina

#9495 - 06/10/08 07:34 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Amina]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Nyc and the 5 boros are at 17 million people.

http://www.citymayors.com/statistics/largest-cities-density-125.html

One of my old friends lives near you "Fatone", I can ask him to forward me any info. Hes not a satanist, but is involved with stuff.

In general about fiinding people, check the map here. Check out other subculture stores, go to shows, parties, etc in your area. Join myspace or some other networking site.
Some satanist have some involvment in other more "common" subcultures. Like, vamps, goths, & metal. In nyc, we have a bunch of latin vamps who are satanist.
People aren't going to come out and tell you what they are into but you do learn things over time.

Good luck...

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.