Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#9496 - 06/10/08 07:40 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Morgan]
Agrippa Offline
stranger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I myself am a member of the Modern Church of Satan, but am the only registered and active member in my area (Snellville, a suburb of Atlanta), but that is because it is an EXTREMELY reactionary area with deep roots of Christian fundamentalism, a Republican stronghold, and even active, open White supremacy.

As far as Atlanta (where I live during the school year), I only know one other Satanist, but he is a Theistic Satanist and finds my belief in LaVey kinda silly (although we are both members of the United Order of Cerberus). There obviously some teenagers who dabble in it, but they are about as serious about it as they are about Wicca (chuckles). So, if there are any ATL'ers in tha house... speak up!

#9499 - 06/10/08 08:04 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Agrippa]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Modern Church of Satan???

Or do you mean the CoS, or some other group?

M

#9500 - 06/10/08 08:05 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Morgan]
Agrippa Offline
stranger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
http://www.modernchurchofsatan.com/

A smaller split-off group founded in 2006.

#9511 - 06/11/08 04:25 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Agrippa]
Amina Offline

Loc: Denmark
The Modern Church of Satan? Heh. It reminds me of a party game we did at one of our summer camps. We made a "satanic popquiz" with different kinds of pop questions related to satanic groups, LaVey, popular culture, conspiracy theories abut Satanism etc. The quiz had two teems who where asked to pick random prices of papers from a bowl to form the teem name. The names where made up by tree random words with the first one being from a category with words like "New", "reformed", "ancient", "secret" etc. The other word was from a category with words like "church", "temple", "society" etc. and the last category was names of devils. The teems also had to pick a captain and he also had a random title assigned, and for the rest of the weekend the captains where called by there titles like "impissimus of the ancient society of Baphometh" or what ever they where called. I don't remember what the teems where called, but I think it was a nice way to use a bit of self irony in relation to the satanic community. It was a nice game, and we have joked about making more questions and turning it into a blasphemous board game (the blasphemy being aimed at trends in the satanic community).

- Amina

#9516 - 06/11/08 06:11 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Amina]
Matt Massacre Offline
stranger

Loc: Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
I found two other "interessting" organizations with church structure:

at first the Temple of the Vampire ( http://www.vampiretemple.com - foundet by CoS-Magister Nemo in 1989) and second, the Church of Lucifer ( http://www.luciferian.org . In 2007, i found my own church, called Church of the Abyss with the help of the Universal Life Church ;\)

HS!
Matt Massacre VI°,
Arch Priest of the Church of the Abyss \:D

Edited by Matt Massacre (06/11/08 06:13 AM)

#9518 - 06/11/08 06:27 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Matt Massacre]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Heh, lufiverian.org gave good chuckles.
In order to join, it's required to tell them your three favorite books(among other things). Or: "If you had three wishes, what would they be?"
Sounds like serious business...
Of course it's fine to ask questions that better describe the person, but their application form also works pretty well in telling something of themselves.

#9519 - 06/11/08 06:39 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Matt Massacre Offline
stranger

Quote:
In order to join, it's required to tell them your three favorite books(among other things). Or: "If you had three wishes, what would they be?"
The Church of Satan asked the same questions in the application for active membership and the swiss satanic nazi order of the former CoS-Warlock and Priest of Mendes candidat Markus Wehrli (Satorius), the Black Order of Lucifer ( http://www.blackorderoflucifer.com ) use the same questions. Ok, this questions a an good instrument to see how deep the potential member is involved in the satanic philosophy.

Oh, and Back to the Black Order of Lucifer:
Satorius philosophy come from the german Nazi-philosopher Karl Maria Willigut, an SS-member under the pseudonym Weissthor and a friend of Heinrich Himmler. Willigut was in a psychiatric clinique, too. And before i become a member of dragon rouge, i would like to become a member of the BOoL and Satorius betryed me with 250€, ca. 220 to 230 US$. At this time, i opened my eyes and understand that satorius is the biggest liar in the new age history and a wannabe satanic priest. In 2006 satorius proclaimed on the homepage of his black order, that he killed Anton LaVey with a curse because Anton LaVey cursed him before. This page was deleted in 2007. But this is not the thematic in this thread ;\)

Edited by Matt Massacre (06/11/08 06:41 AM)

#9520 - 06/11/08 07:46 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Amina Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: MaggotFaceMoe

Sounds like some of the usual questions in main stream personality tests. The most worrying fact is, that you could be asked the same kinds of questions in connection with applying for a job!

In the org. I belong to we only ask one question: "Why do you want to join?", and if people answer the question in a sane way, they get the possibility to get in involved in relevant projects after signing a form stating that they know and understand the organisations FAQ on Satanism and the organizations rules (including what kinds of action the org. view as grounds of termination of membership). Even with the best questionnaire it is impossible to weed out all the bad seeds, and the really loony ones come up with strange answers even to the most simple questions (yes, we DO reject a lot of strange applications). I would think that most Orgs. who ask a lot of questions (like the CoS's aplication for active membership) don't really know what to do with the answers exept to weed out the ones who are obvious insane, criminal, non-satanists or just to strange to fit in to any kinds of orgs.

As far as I know no satanic orgs. really needs to know much about its members, as longs as most members are more or less inactive and mind there own business. If I should ask any additional questions it would be something like this: Do you have any kind of useful skills or other assets that could be helpful to the organization? To my experience skilled dishwashers are more usable then skilled magicians if you want to organize social events, and people with technical writing skills are often more useful then writers of lofty poetry if you want to communicate.

- Amina

#9541 - 06/12/08 07:27 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Amina]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
WOW.. I can't believe that I just wasted five minutes of my time reading over that Temple of Vamps site.. Of course what could I expect. What a bunch of children and lunatics... Someone has been reading too many bed time stories..

~Snow~.

#9547 - 06/12/08 09:08 AM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: PigFeeder]
Matt Massacre Offline
stranger

*lol* the ToV is a religion for roll players and sci-fi-horror-fans, not more and nothing better. the vampire bible is interessting, too ;-)
#10090 - 07/05/08 03:25 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Morgan]
Simon Offline
pledge

Here in Norway satanist contact each other, take a cup of coffee, and talk. That the most advanced meeting you can make her.

#10584 - 08/10/08 06:09 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Simon]
Vargvid Offline
stranger

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Simon
Here in Norway satanist contact each other, take a cup of coffee, and talk. That the most advanced meeting you can make her.

Yeah, but you norwegians are crazy, blowing up old churches filled with vikinga-artifacs and items. Blow up the modern churches insted of the old historic onces.

Crazy satanic norwegians like varg vikernes. ;\)

#11246 - 09/06/08 01:55 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: JamesMcShane]
memphischick Offline
stranger

Loc: Memphis, Tennessee
Yeah I live in Tennessee and it's the bible belt here so I know here there are not many people that are out in the open about who they really are. Hell I just came out and all hell broke lose.lol. Anyway try a meetup in your state

#12245 - 10/05/08 07:10 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: Morgan]
BloodHorn Offline

Loc: Stockbridge Ga
is anyone aware of a group in or near Atlanta Ga Usa?im sure its a long shot but its worth a shot to ask.

#12271 - 10/06/08 01:34 PM Re: Questions about churches/meetings? [Re: The Fat One]
Future General Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri, USA
I live in missouri also never seen anyone or heard of anyone in this region, relating to Satanism. If there is no Satanic group/churches or anything in missouri i would be happy to start one. Just saying i would dont remove me or anything please. Kind of been gone for 5 years, house got burnt in illonis, moved to flordia and got kicked out of a town so whent to missouri so far anyway.
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.