Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#11489 - 09/16/08 12:02 AM Re: Rape, torture suspect goes on trial in NYC [Re: ShadowWalker]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
That sounds great and all. But do you realize the justice system is flawed? Imagine if you found yourself sitting on death row for a crime you didn't commit? Remember, you are tried by a jury of your peers. Many times the one that puts on the better show, pulls out the bells and whistles, wins the spectacle. Your peers are the uneducated, lower class, ones that can't find an excuse to get out of duty. Oftentimes the defendant doen't have the means to hire a million dollar attorney. While the prosecution is only held back by schedules, politics, and case load. Not to mention this isn't some 3rd world country. Where stoning your wife to death for not covering her face is accepted. I might agree that the asshole that brought this to bear on another humam being deserves the lowest treatment possible. But this is a civilized nation, built on principles that when founded tried to guarantee the defendant the benefit of the doubt. To sum up, imagine if you were the poor sap that happened to match a shitty description, got railroaded by a prosecution team that had more money and resouces, and then had to endure the punishment. It happens more than you think. On the flip side, look at the defendants that have been able to defeat a conviction. OJ, Gotti, the CEOs of major companies, because of money or the rubes sitting on the jury.

#11493 - 09/16/08 12:21 AM Re: Rape, torture suspect goes on trial in NYC [Re: fakepropht]
napalm Offline
Banned
pledge

Our system is ruled by favoritism.It doesn't matter if you did something or are the real deal.Its all a matter of if the average Joe approves of ya if not yuck fu fother mucker.Maybe they think if you got the money you have more to offer this society.Look at O'J,shit he's still smiling.It's better to get caught for something like that than to be judged in the afterlife there are laws to what deserves extreme justice,those that do it would be just doing society a favor.And yeah the one that doesn't have all the money get's the lesser of the representations.
#11499 - 09/16/08 06:53 AM Re: Rape, torture suspect goes on trial in NYC [Re: fakepropht]
ShadowWalker Offline
stranger

Loc: Yokosuka, Japan
I know our justice system is flawed... It is highly flawed. I am a strong advocate of coporal punishment though. I believe if these things are televised in a short time the crime rates will drop drstically because people don't learn their lesson from prison, but pain is a universal teacher.
While we do on occasion put the wrong man behind bars because we have a shitty justice system, and/or the bad guy makes out because of a good attorney. I still stand by my views. This may not be some third world country, but our police stil aren't given enough power. If you refuse a ticket in Japan, the police have the right to beat the shit out of you, book you for a night and then give you your ticket. In turn the crime rates in most of Japan are nil.
I do agree with the fact that I wouldn't want to be the guy on the end of a shitty deal because I fit some maniacs description. But I also have enough confidence in my peers, that this wont happen. But the world is a crazy place.

#11504 - 09/16/08 08:58 AM Re: Rape, torture suspect goes on trial in NYC [Re: Nemesis]
napalm Offline
Banned
pledge

Can anyone tell me?Why our taxpayer money keep these types of pieces of shit alive?Maybe someone can work out a deal to offer them up to someone that can make use of them.That would definately take care of the urge to verge.You know maybe the muslims are on to something.Nothings a better deterent for miscreant behavior than extreme justice.And the fact that these types of individuals are actually aloud to continue their meaningless existence and sop up our taxpayers funds,gives other countries a real negative outlook on us.
I say bring back the fear.Rulling by fear used to work in the old days.
and yeah in Germany if you run from a cop they can shoot you.Its kinda wierd though they dont just cuff you right away,well anyway they didn't for me.

Edited by napalm (09/16/08 09:10 AM)

#11508 - 09/16/08 10:24 AM Re: Rape, torture suspect goes on trial in NYC [Re: napalm]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
 Originally Posted By: napalm
...gives other countries a real negative outlook on us.
I say bring back the fear.Rulling by fear used to work in the old days.

Haha, now wouldn't that be a positive pr prop to reduce the legal system to a medieval stage...

#11510 - 09/16/08 10:53 AM Re: Rape, torture suspect goes on trial in NYC [Re: napalm]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I agree wholeheartedly with you. I'd promote laying down the kind of authority where if you are found guilty, you are punished in the same manner as the crime you committed--more of a Babylonian justice system. If you torch someone's property, you get your house burnt down. You get one chance to prove your innocence, and if that can't be done, off with your head. Or hand, whatever is applicable.

It's the bleeding hearts that have wormed their way into this "Ultra PC" society of ours, the ones that set up numerous shelters for the homeless, the ones that try to "rehabilitate" and coddle the truly sick and deranged members of this society, instead of taking them out back of the courtroom and shooting them in the back of the head like the Chinese do.

It's the Jesus-complex so many have--they think they can "save" everyone.

#11511 - 09/16/08 11:23 AM Re: Rape, torture suspect goes on trial in NYC [Re: Nemesis]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Nemesis
I agree wholeheartedly with you. I'd promote laying down the kind of authority where if you are found guilty, you are punished in the same manner as the crime you committed--more of a Babylonian justice system. If you torch someone's property, you get your house burnt down. You get one chance to prove your innocence, and if that can't be done, off with your head. Or hand, whatever is applicable.

It's the bleeding hearts that have wormed their way into this "Ultra PC" society of ours, the ones that set up numerous shelters for the homeless, the ones that try to "rehabilitate" and coddle the truly sick and deranged members of this society, instead of taking them out back of the courtroom and shooting them in the back of the head like the Chinese do.

It's the Jesus-complex so many have--they think they can "save" everyone.
I'll have to say that apart from the beheading or whatever type of death penalty, I'll agree with you on the whole justice system.

I see death as an easy punishment; one flick of a switch and it's over. These murderers who kill without just cause don't deserve such rights like every other human. In all fairness, they should have their human rights taken away from them when found guilty. That's when people can just go up to them and beat them within an inch of their life, and this will be what they get for the rest of their lives, since they caused their victim's family a life time of grief, they should suffer the same fate.

But hen again, everyone has a different view on things. Agree with me or not, I still hold my view on how justice should be done.

I like the idea of giving an arsonist a taste of their own medicine for example. That's quite a clever punishment.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.