Page 11 of 90 « First<910111213>Last »
Topic Options
#12723 - 10/15/08 07:06 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: primal-mortal]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
I still continue to read the bible to this day. The way the troops are studying al-quaedas gurilla tactics lol. I don't want to be guilty of the ignorance RHPers show. How can I accuse them of ignorance for speaking against something of which they know nothing about, and then turn around and speak out against them if I in turn know nothing. I might as well join the heard. Anyways, Satanism to me is synonymous with knowledge.

#12724 - 10/15/08 07:08 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
Herne The Hunter Offline
stranger

Loc: New Zealand
It's a tricky situation... basically she just lets me do my own thing and doesn't want to know anything about what I practice or believe in. She's right into her new age type of spirituality and of course the people she deals with all tell her that I'm evil and misguided.... evil yes, misguided? bahahaha! lol When I can I point out to her the hypocrisy of white light philosophy, which I can because I've been there done that. As for her flatmates, well they know what I am, and they know not to talk to me about god. But strangely they still respect me..... or maybe it's fear? lol. The fact is my girlfriend knows my religion, respects my descision, even if she doesn't like it, and still chooses to be with me. I love her, she loves me. And that's about the guts of it.

#12726 - 10/15/08 07:11 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Herne The Hunter]
blsk Offline

I can understand her not liking it. In spite of her lack of desire to ask questions I appreciate her maturity in the situation by not letting it come between the two of you. Mine? Not soo much. \:\(

#12727 - 10/15/08 07:24 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
primal-mortal Offline
stranger

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Perhaps an ulterior motive is in order? or would that cause more heart-ache than its worth?
beacuse if wearing a baphomet around your neck ends up in tears of unacceptance than maybe it is worth it

#12729 - 10/15/08 07:37 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: primal-mortal]
blsk Offline

Primal, i'm not quite sure what you mean.

#12733 - 10/15/08 08:59 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
primal-mortal Offline
stranger

well bluntly, you could tell her to deal with it. on the other hand if she is totally anti, would it be worth leaving her behind? or would that be harder than its worth?

sorry for the confusion

#12738 - 10/15/08 09:41 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: primal-mortal]
blsk Offline

If it were easier to leave I would have done that at the first sign of unacceptance. But that might be the path I have to take regardless. It just infuriates me what this is over. Yet another thing christianity has taken from me!

It continues to take yet has EVER to give back.

Edited by Nemesis (10/15/08 09:50 PM)
Edit Reason: Enough with the double posting!

#12740 - 10/15/08 10:11 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
primal-mortal Offline
stranger

And it never will give back! your right. . it takes and takes and has the audacity to try and govern our world by putting fake fears about Satanism.

of course its entirly your decision and wont be dictated by those hypocrits in the church. People just tend to constantly have some false idea about it, and most of the time (i found) an opinion cant be changed at all due to a closed mind.

OK Im getting myself worked up

#12742 - 10/15/08 10:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: primal-mortal]
blsk Offline

Thank you Nemesis, you're too kind.

Likewise, Primal.

I half-thought about posting my likewise to you and then my thanks to Nemesis under it, but it was too easy as funny as it seemed. ;\)

#12760 - 10/16/08 05:18 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
There is a limit, more or less. If she refused to be with you once she found out about your religion, that would be a different story.

But it doesn't to seem that way with you, so good for you, I guess.

The only problem I could see would be the issue of having children (haha, but I doubt that's on your mind this far in the game)... I personally could never let my offspring be raised in an abrahamic religion. I've read a good deal of horror stories of Satanist-x-Christian couples fighting over custody of their children because of this issue. (and a few from this forum, if I remember correctly)

#12762 - 10/16/08 05:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
blsk Offline

That, as a matter of fact, Zebu is the very issue at hand. She wants them raised to believe in "god" whereas I want them to be raised intelligently. I told her that regardless of how they are raised they, like myself, will ultimaitely do as they wish. Regardless of what "faith" they come up around I will instill in them to think and reason. However I do not want that influence on them as it has taken soo much from me. So it probably wont work as much as I would like it to.

#12834 - 10/18/08 08:10 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

My family and friends do that I am a Satanist, I do own a shirt with a baphomet on it, I also have it tattooed on my arm. I am a proud Satanist and I have never hidden or denied it.

#12849 - 10/19/08 10:56 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

Personally, I only am open with those who are close with me (not my family though.)
Most of my friends share the same open mindedness i do, some have even considered the philosophies of Satanism but they were too fearful of the ramifications. I Found it funny how a friend of mine had found Satanism around the same time I did, and we both were shocked to know this.
My family is a different matter. Since I am only 16, and have lack of a better alternate place to live, My parents have a strong grip over my life. They are "born again" Christians who do not go to church, but instead watch overly optimistic sermons by preachers such as joel osteen. They believe (as far as I am aware) that i too am christian, though i just have a questioning nature. Any religious discussions that happen in my family either end with them saying, "you just gotta believe" or "look at how blessed we are." I've never really gone in depth with religion with any of my other family, onlyt person ive found to think like me is my sister's boyfriend. He simply follows a philosphy of "we dont know, we wont know til its too late, so just enjoy life and be 'good'"

I dont call it Satanism when i discuss my religious beliefs, unless for a shock value against my towns all too common religious fanatics. I just simply state, i am my own god, my needs come first, then the needs of those i care about. I can be selfish and i believe in the importance of a persons independence.

I simply say things that are aligned with Anton LaVey's thinking that are just very basic thoughts.

#12897 - 10/19/08 08:15 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Phaethon]
baphoman Offline
lurker

I agree wholeheartedly. You are responsible for your own actions,and independence can be a powerful thing,and one thing to be proud of. Too many people follow the herd mentality,because they feel it's the right thing to do. If more people would just stop,and think for themselves,the world would be a better place. I applaud you for your beliefs.
#12926 - 10/20/08 05:49 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: baphoman]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Ah, I made a mistake of announcing my religious stance when I was in a way asked. It wasn't really harmful because the other guy was a satanist himself, but he also was drunk and he decided Satanism made a good topic for a conversation and it was detrimental to the good humor I was in prior to the incident. I don't see why Satanism needs to be discussed in a bar if supposedly both parties are the "experts" on the subject. I personally don't find it amusing to discuss philosophical matters when in a drunken stupor...
Page 11 of 90 « First<910111213>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.006 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.