Page 14 of 90 « First<1213141516>Last »
Topic Options
#15236 - 12/01/08 08:23 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Things sit differently with everyone in terms of what message you are comfortable presenting to others. For me, the most comfortable angle to go with in such situations is "I have strong religious convictions that are very personal and as a result of [insert personal religious trauma here - for me it was insane zealot parents] I don't feel comfortable in an organized religious setting. That's why I don't go to church."
Then, you are free to show your knowledge of their material enough to give them the opportunity to assume you agree with them. You don't have to enlighten them on your true stance, and they will be unlikely to invite you to church more than once or twice.

To some I suppose this seems cowardly. I don't believe in wasting my energy fighting battles that don't matter.

#15272 - 12/01/08 03:22 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
savage8891 Offline
lurker

Yes,Im a Satanism in public.My family knows as well as everyone who knows me.and everyone I know are okey with it and me.How ever most of them dont like it.I thought it might be a bit hard for me being in the Army and all.But as it turns out the Army will not at this time reconize Satanism.So since they dont see it, it doesnt bother my chain of command.So everything works out fine for me.
#15274 - 12/01/08 04:38 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Picunnus]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Very good call on that. I have done that before, sharing to give the impression of a common ground, and it does work very well. Them, being as assuming as they generally are, asume that if you spit some scriptures at them, you are a man/woman of faith to some degree. No harm in letting them think something of you to keep the conversations simple.

Edited by blsk (12/01/08 04:38 PM)

#15464 - 12/04/08 04:56 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Being a Satanist is simply what I am, it's as natural as breathing, so I don't feel the need to explain myself to people I don't know very well. It has slipped out to Family and close friends, and they hardly raised an eyebrow, so i'm one of the lucky ones i suppose! If an aquaintance or workmate did come out and ask me if I was a satanist, I would admit it outright if they were an intelligent receptive person, and be a tad more evasive if they weren't- after all, self preservation is one of the number one satanic rules! If you do decide to become a public Satanist, and come out to all and sundry, backing it up with intelligence, and a thorough knowledge of what your talking about is invaluable.

#15589 - 12/06/08 05:44 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: spiderbreeder]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
I'm a Satanist who won't hide the fact that he's a Satanist, but also one what doesn't go around screaming it.

Basically, I'm in an a situation similar to the Military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

They don't ask, I don't tell.

#16355 - 12/17/08 03:35 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
satanicfly87 Offline
stranger

Loc: Thomson, Georgia
Considering where I live (in the heart of Bible-ville) it wouldn't be a wise choice for me personally to be out as a satanist. I am already out as a gay man, so that shock value is still resonating in some of my circles I associate with. While college is usually a more open place, it isn't that open. I also have a job, and that is not something I usually put on my resume since I do like money and it might hurt me in the long run if I did include it on there.

#16373 - 12/17/08 02:09 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: satanicfly87]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Well it's not something that SHOULD be on a resume. As whatshisface said before, "Don't ask, don't tell". Religion doesn't belong in the workplace anyways, so there's no reason why it should come up in the first place.

Please describe your hobbies: I WORSHIP THE DEVIL AND SACRIFICE CHILDREN. OH AND I LIKE THE COCK PLEASE LYNCH ME KTHNXBYE

#16376 - 12/17/08 02:20 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
blastbeast666 Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
Religion doesn't belong in the workplace anyways, so there's no reason why it should come up in the first place.

That is a good point. Why would you bring it up in public or at a job or somthing is beyond me but, I mean you can wear satanic shirts and pendants but that could taken different ways from different types of people.

A christian could take it as: Oh it's a devil worshipper stay away from that person.

But other people that just see you and don't give a rat's ass about religion would be like Pentagram that devil shit this.

All that I'M saying is that you just have to be cautious about it in public.

#16933 - 12/25/08 08:22 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
Chey Offline
Banned
stranger

I never take my Pentagram off. I always wear it on top of my shirt. I tell everyone that I can about my religion.
#16952 - 12/26/08 03:05 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Chey]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
I never take my pentagram off. I always wear it on top of my shirt. I tell everyone that I can about my religion

Why? Are you an attention whore, having an uncontrolable desire to validate yourself in the eyes of others?

Adendum: Oh, never mind, just read your profile, and saw your age.

Change that first part to: Stop it right now!

Edited by Asmedious (12/26/08 03:07 AM)

#16985 - 12/26/08 04:15 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Asmedious]
Tentacle Offline
lurker

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Ironically, most people in our society actually believe in the existence of Satan due to religious beliefs, whereas almost all Satanists I know do not believe Satan exists as a spiritual deity, nor do they advertise in public the fact that they are Satanists.

Since people believe in and have much fear of Satan, advertising that you are a Satanist in public generally draws negative and hostile reactions from people. Similar reactions can be obtained if you were to wear a swastika in front of a group of Jews or if you were to parade around in a predominately Afro-American neighborhood wearing a KKK costume.

Even some of the most hard core Satanists I know are reluctant to come forward with their Satanic affiliations until they know who they are dealing with. One example is somebody I met in Los Angeles, who introduced himself as "Stanton". I knew who he was before the introduction, and had to ask him if his last name happened to be LaVey. Although he was dressed in black and bore a strong resemblance to his grandfather Anton LaVey, there were no outwardly visible signs of his affiliation with Satanism.

While I am without a doubt a "Satanist in Public" and publicly express the views and philosophy of Satanism, I prefer to keep my affiliations with Satanism a secret.

Edited by Tentacle (12/26/08 04:17 PM)

#17005 - 12/27/08 12:43 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Tentacle]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
True. And the secrecy has always been an alluring part of Satanism in my opinion.

It's not like we're Christians with a divine mandate to spread some gospel to every end of the earth, or encouraged to become martyrs.

And as Tentacle said, we can actively express and promote Satanic ideas without ever having to use the "S" word.

#17101 - 12/28/08 07:27 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
mutt mutton Offline
stranger

Loc: paragould ar
i never let any near my Satanic Bible i keep it
in a shelf with my other books most poeple some know
but i never mention to anyone cause i firgure it no one business
what i practice plus magick works better if no knows
but dan dread you that well
hail satan!!!!!!!

#17103 - 12/28/08 07:50 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: mutt mutton]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
"but dan dread you that well"

Thanks?

#17125 - 12/29/08 04:08 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
I happen to like Satin.

Otherwise, "Satanism" in the closet? Maybe. I'm not sure anymore, as I don't give a fuck anymore. But note this is a different thing from some teen-angst driven "don't give a fuck attitude"...

Maybe it isn't.

The "lies" and "half-truths" are tiring, and it is what it is... if anyone who knows me is upset, then they never really knew me.

Now lets all gather 'round and have a hug? Mmm'kay?

p.s.- really Dan Dread, "you that well". Maybe there's a question mark missing?

Edited by daevid777 (12/29/08 04:10 AM)

Page 14 of 90 « First<1213141516>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.