Page 15 of 90 « First<1314151617>Last »
Topic Options
#17195 - 12/30/08 11:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: mutt mutton]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Originally Posted By: mutt mutton

but dan dread you that well

hey guys i accidentally 93MB of .rar files IS THIS DANGEROUS?

#17200 - 12/30/08 03:58 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: mutt mutton]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
For a 31 year old, you sure make me feel more comfortable with my lack of wisdom that comes with age.

Now, as for the original question in the first post....

Yes, I am very open about my beliefs. I told my parents/friends when I first started getting into Satanism, and after my mom threw a fit and attempted to send me to bible camp, my parents calmed down and accepted me for who I am. As for my friends, they were a bit unsure at first, thinking of me as some devil worshiping freak. After explaining my views to those who actually mattered, some of them even asked to borrow my SB. I even got my Dad to read it as well.

The thing that made a lot of people question my beliefs was indeed the fact that I always wear my sigil of baphomet necklace. I recall a school security guard a while back pointing at it and saying "that's Satanic, it's a symbol of protection upside down so it's Satanic". I told him "it's upside down because you're looking at it the wrong way". Must have drove him crazy trying to figure out what I meant.

#17213 - 12/30/08 05:46 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The question you should ask yourself is; 'why do I want to make my internal thoughts public enough for all to either understand them or get confused about them?' Who benefits here?

To a degree this outer display of inner thoughts is a youth thing and many can be read just by looking at them. What's in their hearts is on their tongue or at least in being worn. In most cases it is much harder to read an adult person. Not only because they tend to not be as extreme as the young, also because most realize at one point that being too visibly extreme is not a real advantage in interaction.

In some ways I see this visible book attitude in the youth as either a looking for affirmation or some mild sort of shock-value attitude. But once you realize that affirmation for what you stand for is nothing but a useless pat on the back for things not needing a pat anyways and that shock doesn't do much either, then you start to realize that there is a reason why some things are called personal or internal and that they function and serve you best when being kept there.

D.

Edited by Diavolo (12/30/08 05:53 PM)

#17214 - 12/30/08 05:58 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Mike Offline

Because I'm not ashamed of them. Why should I keep them a secret if I don't mind explaining myself when questioned? I just happen to like to wear my baphomet necklace, and if someone asks me about it I'm not afraid to talk.

Quote:
To a degree this outer display of inner thoughts is a youth thing and many can be read just by looking

Ouch. Is age your reason for everything? I'm proud of what I am. I don't see anything wrong with that. And it's not like I just opened my mouth one day and announced I had an interest in Satanism. Whenever the topic of religion/philosophy came up, if I had something to say, I would, and when people questioned what I believe in, I explained it to them. I don't have any need to display my inner thoughts, but when the topic comes up I don't hide them.

Quote:
Not only because they tend to not be as extreme as the young, also because most realize at one point that being too visibly extreme is not a real advantage in interaction.

What would you consider being "visibly extreme"?

Edited by Mike (12/30/08 06:00 PM)

#17215 - 12/30/08 06:05 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It's not about being happy to explain yourself. It's Satanism, not some happy feel good share round philosophy. It's the same as if I'm a rapist walking around with a "rape is power" poster around my neck. You don't mind being questioned because you feel the NEED to explain. That's a weakness out there.

What you and many others are suffering is the memetic routine that makes you share and spread the belief and it doesn't even matter if it is satanic or not. Satanism isn't about not being ashamed, it is about being egocentric enough to see everyone out there as PURPOSE. You are suffering an idealistic episode that has NO benefit and only disadvantages to the self and his will. Secrecy out there is always beneficial.

D.

#17217 - 12/30/08 06:12 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Mike Offline

Quote:
You don't mind being questioned because you feel the NEED to explain. That's a weakness out there.

In some ways yes, but if someone does ask, why should I not tell them? If they show an interest, what's so wrong about talking to them about it?

Quote:
Secrecy out there is always beneficial.

This is true, and not just with Satanism. However, explaining my beliefs to someone who is interested in them hurts no one. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that, or why age has anything to do with it, but I suppose I will take your advice.

#17219 - 12/30/08 06:20 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Why would they ask if they don't know and how could they know if you didn't advertise?

Question why you feel the need to advertise.

D.

#17220 - 12/30/08 06:21 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
From Webster's Online:

Occult -

Pronunciation: \ə-ˈkəlt, ä-\
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Latin occultare, frequentative of occulere
Date: 1500
: to shut off from view or exposure : cover , eclipse

When exploring occult topics, it is often useful to keep this definition in mind.

Relativity tells us that you cannot observe an event without changing the outcome. In the grown up world, you may find that not everyone shares your love of the free exchange of ideas. Some of them my be your boss. A word to wise....

#17221 - 12/30/08 06:23 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Mike Offline

Because I'm proud of what I am. No harm in that.

#17222 - 12/30/08 06:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

#17223 - 12/30/08 06:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Fist]
Mike Offline

I think I see what you guys mean. Thanks. However I do still like wearing the baphomet, but now maybe I'll hold off on the tattoo..hahah

#17224 - 12/30/08 06:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

So you need others affirmation for what you are proud at? In that case, you rely on them, you NEED a pat on the back.

You aren't proud, you are subjecting yourself. It's like the religious showing how devout he is, not because he is concerned about his being devout but about how devout OTHERS think he is.

D.

#17225 - 12/30/08 06:29 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Mike, it's as simple as this. If you need to explain the joke, it either isn't funny, or you don't know it well enough to tell it.

Also, what Fist says is very true. Not everyone is going to be open to your choice of philosophical or religious preferences... bosses for example. Now, I know that you can't discriminate against people because of their race, religion, etc.... but I was alos a boss. If I want you gone out of the workplace you'd be gone out of the workplace and what my reasoning for it would be might have nothing to do with my real motivations.

#17226 - 12/30/08 06:29 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
Mike Offline

Quote:
When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

(See last post).

This seems to happen a lot lately. However it can only help, and again, thank you to everyone who takes the time to explain these things to me (seems to be a lot of you), I'm starting to get it, and I know that sometimes it's better to shut up and listen then to keep running my mouth.

With that said..........

Edited by Mike (12/30/08 06:30 PM)

#17227 - 12/30/08 06:42 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Do not think you're the only one messing up. I like tattoos and my long gone youth did suggest one day it'd be pretty cool to have satanic imagery on my arms. You know, you get one, then you think, what the hell, I like this, do the whole arm, then do the other. So before you know it, you're kinda stuck with a satanic comic book on your body. You can say, it's ok, it's an historical account of my thinking, a process of progress and such.

But luckily, working out there for close to two decades, all too often in the burning sun with my delicious body exposed to its radiation kinda faded most of my tats; old school ink and sun don't jive that well. So instead of walking around like a not too well preserved piece of art I decided to redo the whole shit, not redo in redraw and recolor but in let's part ways with the youth and get something else on it. I still look like a tattooed mofo but only when I prefer to share it and even when, it does show stuff but nothing vulnerable.

Not even my mommy knows I'm satanic and if I don't even share it with the woman that changed my diapers, hell, who would be worth that knowledge?

Cui bono? If I ain't in that answer, certainly not I.

D.

Page 15 of 90 « First<1314151617>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.