Page 18 of 91 « First<1617181920>Last »
Topic Options
#17632 - 01/05/09 09:27 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jerry]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
 Quote:
yes, i think since christians are all christian in public i should be able to share my views with people

SO what does it matter if they want to display the fact that they can't clearly think for themselves when it comes to the way to live ones life? Why waste your time trying to clear up a sterotype that has been around for years (and will be around for many more) While there may be a motivation of pride to openly display your beliefs it may very well prove to be counterproductive and also destructive. Believe it or not the way people view you has more effect on your life then you would like to think.

Quote:
i enjoy disproving one by one all of the nonsensical, inane things the public has to say about satanists

Why? What does this prove or disprove? NOTHING! Because all it does is give off a aura of personal insecurity (atleast in my opinion) Satanism doesn't need people to clear things up for it. The only thing that really honestly matters is that a satanist understands.

*side note to you*
Let the public think what they want. It is rather funny and I get a laugh out of their misconceptions on Satanism.

#17658 - 01/05/09 09:28 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jerry]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
since usually a person has never met a REAL satanist

What is a "real" Satanist to you? Anyone who considers themselves to be a Satanist believes they're following what they believe to be "real" Satanism. Real is what you perceive it to be, no matter what the topic is. Therefore traditional Satanists would believe they are the "real" Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists would believe they are, and the same is true for any "type" of Satanism. To the Satanist, his "form" of Satanism is the only real type of Satanism there is. It would be quite stupid to follow a religion you think is wrong, wouldn't it?

#17659 - 01/05/09 11:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
Tom Offline
stranger

A true Satanist believes that Satan is a power and not a personification. They use that power to evoke or invoke the magic to attain the ends they wish. If only one spell worked for everyone , then someone would have hidden the information so as to retain all of the power . I believe they are all "Real Satanists " who use whatever spells and power that works for them . Let all worship Satan in their own way. To do otherwise would be biased indeed !
#17663 - 01/06/09 12:02 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mike]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I think by "real Satanist", he was also simply referring to self-identified Satanists- not any sect in particular- ie, people who call themselves Satanists, but for some odd reason don't cannibalize unbaptized infants or hold massive blood orgies.

Of course, I don't care what crazy medieval notions people still have, nor am I dedicated to some lifelong crusade to "clearing up" the name of Satanism (which is impossible).

But it does amuse me to no end when naive/sensitive people are confronted with genuine practiced Satanism... exclamations like, "You mean this is a RELIGION?" and "This can't be legal!". And thanks to our wonderful American religious freedoms, we get to see the look on those poor sods' faces when they realize that Satanism is granted all the legal rights that Christianity is. It's a beautiful thing to see, it really is.

And if I ever by some miracle became famous (Manson-esque popularity here), I'd gladly flaunt my Satanism and become an IRL troll for great justice. But for now, I'm content to laugh at them from the shadows.

#17680 - 01/06/09 02:35 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jerry]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
What do people say about Satanist's these days?

#17681 - 01/06/09 02:46 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
By "Manson-esque popularity" are you referring to Marilyn Manson or Charles Manson? I know it's off topic, but I'm just curious.
#17685 - 01/06/09 03:12 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: daevid777]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: daevid777
What do people say about Satanist's these days?

Same things like 100 years ago.
But without the torches and pitch-forks...

#17687 - 01/06/09 03:35 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Perhaps with torches, guns, the police, and CPS if you have children...

Careful all, "Judge lest ye be judged"... that's a fairy-tale. There is "real wickedness" out there, and for what I know of "evil", it's not coming from "Us".

Edited by daevid777 (01/06/09 03:35 AM)

#17702 - 01/06/09 01:19 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Tom]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
I know this...My reply wasn't intended for my benefit, I was just questioning Jerry to make him think.

#17712 - 01/06/09 09:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Butterz]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Originally Posted By: Butterz
By "Manson-esque popularity" are you referring to Marilyn Manson or Charles Manson? I know it's off topic, but I'm just curious.

Marylin, of course.

But hopefully I can do it without shaving my eyebrows and wearing women's stockings.

#17715 - 01/06/09 09:45 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
The AntiChris Offline
pledge

Loc: Pennsylvania
I may have said this before but I really don't think people care too much, I mean as long as your not putting an inverted cross on the courthouse lawn. I used to be somewhat paranoid but I've been working for Born-Agains for years now with no problems, and I live in Penntucky coal cracken country.

#17717 - 01/06/09 09:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The AntiChris]
The AntiChris Offline
pledge

Loc: Pennsylvania
just to add...

Most people think I'm merely an Atheist with an attitude problem, and really that's not too far from the truth. I take it as a compliment.

#17718 - 01/06/09 09:58 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The AntiChris]
Tom Offline
stranger

All of my close friends and most of my friends in general and the majority of my family know of my beliefs , and the fact that I don't think to highly of God and He doesn't like me either . He plays his games and I play mine ! Both of us seem to be content with that !
#17723 - 01/06/09 10:22 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Tom]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

"I don't think to highly of God and He doesn't like me either . He plays his games and I play mine !"

Hey, um, you know that "God" isn't real, right? Unless of course you are reffering to me. In which case you are correct; I don't think very highly of you.

#17729 - 01/06/09 11:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
I am nothing in public. I find that allows me to get my way more often, which I enjoy a lot more than shocking and mocking (though I have made the revelation in the past as a method of getting my way). I have two kids to support and will soon be embarking on a career in which I need to be taken seriously in order to excel at. I would no more wear a Pentagram or have one tattooed onto me than I would wear Bettie Paige bangs and Doc Martens.

I haven't even told my manfriend. But then again, he's not religious so it's not a big deal.

Page 18 of 91 « First<1617181920>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.007 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.