Page 27 of 91 « First<2526272829>Last »
Topic Options
#20513 - 02/16/09 09:59 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Gratikus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

What did bring Europe out of the Dark Ages was the Renaissance, not the Bubonic Plague. In fact, the Bubonic Plague lasted up to the 18th century, way into the Enlightenment.

Your satanic microbiologist scheme tells me you have seen way too many B-movies. The billionaire group lacks satanists while the "cooking at McDonald's" is overrepresented. But spreading Salmonella would be fine too I suppose.

D.

#20515 - 02/16/09 10:33 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Diavolo]
Gratikus Offline
pledge

"The 14th century eruption of the Black Death had a drastic effect on Europe's population, irrevocably changing the social structure. It was a serious blow to the Roman Catholic Church, and resulted in widespread persecution of minorities such as Jews, foreigners, beggars, and lepers. The uncertainty of daily survival created a general mood of morbidity, influencing people to "live for the moment", as illustrated by Giovanni Boccaccio in The Decameron (1353).[18]" - Wikipedia
#20516 - 02/16/09 10:58 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Gratikus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

And what is the relation of this with the end of the Dark Ages?

D.

#20517 - 02/16/09 11:46 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Gratikus]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
You have a billionaire Satanist who is gifted in microbiology.

That is a litlle flaw in your plan.
One is gifted in microbiology if he knows alot about it.
But put in practise it all comes down to chance. You cannot simply create something entirely new. You can only base your new bacteria on already existing ones you modify. And this makes it easy to find a cure.

The dream of creating such a thing like they do in comic books simply is impossible.

#20526 - 02/16/09 04:13 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Diavolo]
Gratikus Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
And what is the relation of this with the end of the Dark Ages?

D.

"Plague is a term applied to an infectious disease that spreads easily and, without antibiotics treatment, can be fatal. The plague has caused more fear and terror than perhaps any other infectious disease in history. It has killed nearly 200 million people and has produced monumental changes, such as marking the end of the Dark Ages and causing the advancement of clinical research in medicine." - eMedicineHealth

#20527 - 02/16/09 04:18 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Gratikus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

You're making less and less sense. First, like I said the Renaissance "culture" is what brought Europe out of the Dark Age. If it was affected by the plague, it would not have been solely an Italian affair but, as was the plague, a global cultural shift. The plague (the 14th century one) was pandemic and spread globally in a couple of years. The Renaissance started in Italy and spread from there. There have been plagues before the 14th century and many after that. A is not linked to B.

D.

#20528 - 02/16/09 04:32 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Dimitri]
Gratikus Offline
pledge

How a Satanist would achieve ultimate power to reverse the status quo is not the point. The point is that, based on LaVey's quote, the status quo would have to be inverted for his vision to be realized. And while every Satanist is free to not give a damn about LaVey's vision of Satanism, they are also free to give every ounce of a damn about it also.

What I find peculiar, in reference to LaVey's quote, "I visualize a day when tridents and pentagrams thrust into the sky from church roofs instead of crosses,ö is that whenever a Satanist does set out with this agenda, his greatest enemy seems to be other so called Satanist.

#20529 - 02/16/09 04:40 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Ringmaster]
Gratikus Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Ringmaster
You are starting to sound like a modern day Hitler. Which don't get me wrong the guy was intelligent as hell but had a method that didn't work.

Besides a world where there were only satanists or only trait xyz is absurd. I say this because there would be no diversity. It would be rather dull to have everyone walking around thinking and doing the same shit day in and day out. There will be few to try and prove your worth to. I say let the sheep be sheep and those that are elite stay elite.

As obsolete society has become it has had its uses and it pros and cons. Those that strive to change for the greater good may have great intentions, but when you step back and take a look at all the things that they will destroy that have brought good things it is nothing more then a fantasy and a utopia.

The fundamental purpose of Satanism is to bring man closer to his true carnal nature. If the idea of living in a world where man embraces his true carnal nature frightens you or disgust you, then you are in the wrong religion. Living in a world where indulgence tramples on spiritual pipe dreams sounds like a dream to me.

#20530 - 02/16/09 04:42 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Diavolo]
Gratikus Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
You're making less and less sense. First, like I said the Renaissance "culture" is what brought Europe out of the Dark Age. If it was affected by the plague, it would not have been solely an Italian affair but, as was the plague, a global cultural shift. The plague (the 14th century one) was pandemic and spread globally in a couple of years. The Renaissance started in Italy and spread from there. There have been plagues before the 14th century and many after that. A is not linked to B.

D.

Like I said, the Black plague helped bring about the end of the Dark Ages, specifically by dealing a blow to the Catholic Church. There are many historians who would agree with me, we just have to agree to disagree.

#20531 - 02/16/09 05:05 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Gratikus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

We will disagree yes. There aren't many historians, in fact the Bubonic-Dark Age is only a theory a few subscribe to and it is regarded as highly unlikely. For reasons I stated and due to the fact that the first conditions for the era of Renaissance were already created more than a decade before the Plague. Schooling was slowly forming, new and old knowledge was (re)discovered and imported by the Crusades, science was on the rise. All those factors were already there in what we call the late Mid-Ages. Even if there was no Bubonic Plague, Renaissance was sure to happen.

D.

#20537 - 02/16/09 08:02 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Gratikus]
Gratikus Offline
pledge

The overt Satanist's legacy is an extension of LaVey's vision of Satanism replacing the religions of the righteous. In the future, don't be surprised if overt Satanist seek to take a direct hand in human affairs. Satanism is very much about knocking down that next forbidden door, and after a few generations of overt Satanist, I predict some future overt Satanist will become board and restless with the same old tired horse and pony show of simply shocking people. The overt Satanist of tomorrow will want nothing more than world domination. A laughable goal to many Satanist here, but to some, it will become the holy grail of absolute indulgence and power.
#20539 - 02/16/09 08:32 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Gratikus]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Gratikus
I predict some future overt Satanist will become board and restless with the same old tired horse and pony show of simply shocking people. The overt Satanist of tomorrow will want nothing more than world domination. A laughable goal to many Satanist here, but to some, it will become the holy grail of absolute indulgence and power.

You seem to envision a planetary priesthood. Am I right? If so, do you see this priesthood competing directly with the other world faiths for the same thing these other faiths want; namely, membership?

#20577 - 02/17/09 03:28 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Zoid]
Gratikus Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Zoid
I predict some future overt Satanist will become board and restless with the same old tired horse and pony show of simply shocking people. The overt Satanist of tomorrow will want nothing more than world domination. A laughable goal to many Satanist here, but to some, it will become the holy grail of absolute indulgence and power.

You seem to envision a planetary priesthood. Am I right? If so, do you see this priesthood competing directly with the other world faiths for the same thing these other faiths want; namely, membership?

Human civilization will be in a better place when it's faith is put in man, but in order for this to happen, man must be worshiped as God. A priesthood that directs the herd's worship into super men sounds splendid to me. In fact, when you stop to think about it, a good amount of the world's conflicts (bullshit) is wrapped up in the petty toilings of the herd-Gods. The priesthood of the herd-Gods are doomsday philosophers who subconsciously and consciously BRING ON a great fiery end to the world. A counter priest hood to this is not only welcome, but is a necessity for the survival of the human species. With that said, I am in no way na´ve, and so I know that the means to achieve this Satanic preisthood will not be accomplished through typical preaching or slick websites.

#20585 - 02/17/09 05:29 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Gratikus]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
Human civilization will be in a better place when it's faith is put in man, but in order for this to happen, man must be worshiped as God. A priesthood that directs the herd's worship into super men sounds splendid to me.

Nietzsche's ubermensch might indeed be a functional object of worship for humans who need to worship something, although some of the important details here are murky for me. What do you consider the attributes of the ubermensch and what, in your vision, would be the Satanist's attitude toward this ideal? Is the ubermensch something that would always be in the future, always strictly a Platonic ideal, or do you envision humans walking the earth who would be viewed by others and perhaps themselves as manifestations of the ubermensch?

#20589 - 02/17/09 05:46 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Zoid]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Nietzsche had someone like Napoleon in mind when he personified his ▄bermensch and while kinds like his will always be worshiped by others and followed, I doubt they'll get a godlike status in most people's minds. Personally I think if a new Overman appears, and they won't come in bulk, I doubt they'll be concerned with something trivial like Satanism.

D.

Page 27 of 91 « First<2526272829>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.039 seconds of which 0.009 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.