Page 31 of 90 « First<2930313233>Last »
Topic Options
#21443 - 03/03/09 03:09 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: daevid777]
Grandpabeast Offline

Loc: No. Utah. USA
I am a Satanist in public first and foremost by my words actions and deeds. During the work week I have to wear business casual, except on Monday when I can wear jeans and a t-shirt. Personally, I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, but I do what I have to do. I do have long hair in a ponytail, a mustache and goatee. I am only willing to compromise so much... I do wear a Baphomet. It can be a good conversation starter and usually keeps my co-workers and residents who are fundi's from preaching at me. Hey if they can wear their crosses and stuff, I should be able to wear a Baphomet or Pentagram. I save my bizarreness for the club. I'll wear my black Utilizkilt, black t-shirt, tall black boots with buckles and a Baphomet. But, at the club I go to (Area 51) in Salt Lake City, I am usually one of the tame dressed people there. It's a freaky but fun place.

Roger.

#21445 - 03/03/09 04:18 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Grandpabeast]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
I'm not. At work most people are open minded, but there are some people from very conservative cultures, and I need their willing cooperation.
#21447 - 03/03/09 05:27 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: coelentrate]
Rig Offline
stranger

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
I'm openly atheistic to anyone who inquires about my religious stance. I don't flaunt my personal philosophies, but I won't refrain from discussing them if inquired upon. Anyone who is well-read would notice in chatting with me that my personal atheistic philosophies are similar to what's presented in the Satanic Bible.
#21580 - 03/05/09 02:41 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public? [Re: Rig]
KaosKrieg Offline
stranger

Loc: NYC, USA
I feel that being a Satanist in public will actually work against you. Sometimes, one has to be secretive and *gulp* just fit in.

#21826 - 03/10/09 04:45 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nordgard]
Rhapsodyofmetal Offline
lurker

Loc: Albuquerque,NM USA
Well I have a fun story...

Before reading TSB I had a terrible opinion of myself. Felt isolated,ugly,and very depressed. My family,girlfriend,and friends saw me as weak. I read TSB in 3 hours. Re-read it the next day. Again the day after that. Let the ideas formulate and then I was convinced I was a Satanist. I told my Wiccan girlfriend who was very understanding. I told my own Mother,after she speculated something was "wrong" after I started to appear with a "more gentlemanly air" about me. I then told my girlfriends parents(who are VERY Conservative) after they had to heckle me....like usual. They asked "What has gotten into you? You seem to really care less about speaking your mind,lately". I replied,"I have found power". "Power?.."What the Hell do you mean Power??". I leaned back in my chair,crossed my arms,sipped my Coca-Cola, and said..."Satan". It was awesome! Their eyes flinched like I had thrown something at them. I had to make it as dramatic and powerful as possible.

#21834 - 03/10/09 12:08 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Rhapsodyofmetal]
Morbid Rex Offline

I wear this hat in public sometimes. I think I've gotten some frightened look from some people but for the most part nothing out of the ordinary.

I agree with whoever said most people don't even recognize what the symbol means. I had two of my friends who don't know I'm a Satanist parading around in the hat like it was nothing, one of them is an Atheist and the other considers himself Christian.

Neither said a thing regarding the big red Pentagram in the middle of their forehead.

Edited by Morbid Rex (03/10/09 12:08 PM)

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#22000 - 03/14/09 06:15 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Morbid Rex]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Apparently I am a satanist in public, I just had a few people yesterday coming to me in a bar asking whether I was a satanist.
And there was this intervivew of my band for the local news paper a couple of weeks ago where the journalist figured out that I was a satanist and he wanted to include that in the story. So now about a few ten thousand people know about my religious views... ;\)
It doesn't really matter though, it has never bitten back at me. I don't work in an industry where I'd need to appear more civil. I was previously working as a piercer, and now I work as a sales man in a piercing/tattoo shop combined with a rock clothing store.
Next step is getting an education, and from what I've seen, they let all kinds of creeps in the university ;\)

#22009 - 03/14/09 02:34 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
Every now and then I publicly renounce Satanism in order to get the Christian evangelists and catholic priests off my back. Wink wink.
#22021 - 03/14/09 11:27 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
Zakary Offline
pledge

Hmmm...... I think in many instances people would not really understand what you meant if you said you were a 'Satanist'.
Lets face it..... the devil today is either 'a tee shirt' or the 'wearer of a tee shirt' (a Black Metal one)or Osama Bin Laden and the rest of the muslim world. Satanist are gonna have to do something fairly drastic to match the notoriety of Al Qaeda don't you think?
No I think there is very little point waving a flag, it's not the 60's anymore. I think Satanism was a radical departure from the mainstream back in the 60's. Nowadays you can have a story of a possible Satanic ritual and human sacrifice, like the recent one in Italy, and really nobody gives a shit!

#22022 - 03/14/09 11:51 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Zakary]
Grandpabeast Offline

I am fortunate even though I am surrounded by allot of Mormons, Roman Catholics and Evangelical Christians at my work, the corporate stance if freedom of religion. There is advantages of being open in my beliefs. I do not go out and advertise it other than wearing a Baphomet but it keeps most of my coworkers at a distance which is fine with me, most of them are a bunch of gossiping, scheming back stabbers... A few of my coworkers are Pagan and I know of at least one other Satanist. There are over 500 staff and 1100 residents. There are allot of Pagan residents and a few Satanist. My being open helps open a trust and bond with allot of my residents, the majority are sick of the fundies preaching to them...

Roger.

#22028 - 03/15/09 10:25 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Satansfarm]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

I lived in San Francisco for a period of about 6 months and never found it to be that heavily religious. From your statement, you make it sound like you are living in the middle of the bible belt! \:D Yeah, 'ol San Francisco is a kick-ass place. Religious intolerance is one thing i would never associate with it.

With regards to being a Satanist in public, the question needs to be asked "What do i get by openly being a Satanist in public?" because apart from personal satisfaction of not having to hide your religious beliefs, i personally don't see a point in it. it's as bad as the Orange crucifix cretins from The Jesus Army (UK) proudly flaunting thier day-glo crosses to profess their love of their mad redeemer!

#22570 - 03/26/09 10:13 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: FromGehenna]
Grandpabeast Offline

FromGehenna, the "Bible Belt" is tame in some ways, I live behind the "Zion Curtain" of Northern Utah, prime Mormon country... I take pride in who and what I am and refuse to live my life in a closet. I would rather be hated for what I am, than accepted and admired for that which I am not...

Roger.

#22576 - 03/26/09 11:30 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
I am very open about being a Satanist, but I don't push it on anyone. If asked about my religion I will politely reply my affiliation as a Satanist. I have leanings towards Sanatana Dharma and Tantra but refuse to group myself with "Hinduists" as they are tainted by superstition and bigotry. I usually receive no ill reactions as most people wait until they know you quite well before asking. I am very calm and those who know me also like my sense of humor which comes out after a while. So when it is discovered I am a Satanist it makes them pause.

Usually they ask if I believe in the devil, and I say, I don't believe in god or a devil. I also may add, if I like the persona and don't want to hurt their feelings too much, that I am interested in science and have a reasonable respect for the concept of god as an idea that has been with humankind since the dawn of time - that it is a phenomenon not properly understood, yet certainly worth exploring. If they bring up the bible I tell them I don't read it and I prefer Hans Christian Anderson for my fairytales.

I have told people very high up on the chain of command, regional managers, etc. that I am a Satanist. They were Christian and went away peacefully and even offered to recommend me for another position with the company since I was moving. I am a self-employed artist though so my freedom to speak the truth is obviously a luxury others may not be able to afford.

I had a casual conversation with a Catholic co-worker walking down the hall at work. She told me she was going to a new church and felt afraid of the pedophile priests. (She knows I am a Satanist and is very curious) I told her my opinion, that I thought Catholics were a creepy death cult, and then I said if it worked for her it was good. Then I said "You're talking to a Satanist so I'm pretty much the devil, come to the dark side, we have cookies!" and she laughed.

Things are not all that bad amongst non-extremists. And I know how to work the court system in the case of any religious discrimination. The U.S. is really a good country to live in as a Satanist.

Originally Posted By: Rhapsodyofmetal
Well I have a fun story...

Before reading TSB I had a terrible opinion of myself. Felt isolated,ugly,and very depressed. My family,girlfriend,and friends saw me as weak. I read TSB in 3 hours. Re-read it the next day. Again the day after that. Let the ideas formulate and then I was convinced I was a Satanist. I told my Wiccan girlfriend who was very understanding. I told my own Mother,after she speculated something was "wrong" after I started to appear with a "more gentlemanly air" about me. I then told my girlfriends parents(who are VERY Conservative) after they had to heckle me....like usual. They asked "What has gotten into you? You seem to really care less about speaking your mind,lately". I replied,"I have found power". "Power?.."What the Hell do you mean Power??". I leaned back in my chair,crossed my arms,sipped my Coca-Cola, and said..."Satan". It was awesome! Their eyes flinched like I had thrown something at them. I had to make it as dramatic and powerful as possible.

haha that is very cool, good story!

Edited by 97and107 (03/26/09 11:39 AM)

#22583 - 03/26/09 02:53 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
ShannonM Offline
lurker

Well, yes and no. Im a high school teacher, so I can't bring ANY type of religion into the classroom. But I have admitted it to a few former students who I have become friends with in the years since they left school. But in general, no, I'm not too open about it in my daily life. HOWEVER, I have become completely open about it online, like in forums or groups. There I don't hide it at all. I am not ashamed of it, so why should I ? If someone ends up seeing it online sometime, oh well.
#22596 - 03/26/09 07:41 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ShannonM]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
Im semi open about it. Once i get to know someone i'll disscuss it with them however im very careful who i tell obviously as i could affect my career as certain universities frown on Satanism.
Page 31 of 90 « First<2930313233>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds of which 0.01 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.