Page 32 of 91 « First<3031323334>Last »
Topic Options
#22619 - 03/27/09 02:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
JudgeFudge Offline
stranger

Loc: Hills of Appalachia.
 Originally Posted By: dark_wind
If you're reading this, you're probably a Satanist. But do you admit it? Does your family know? How about your friends? Or maybe you're the sort of person who wears a giant pentagram on their shirt for the world to see.

I personally have never seen the point in telling people I'm a Satanist, partial to cognac, homosexual, etc. I mean what's the point? If people want to know, they will ask. It's not really an issue for me if everyone knows or only I know.

With that being said most of my friends know.

#22696 - 03/30/09 10:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JudgeFudge]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Sometimes "conversation" can be a good reason! x_x

But I love conversation so maybe that's just personal.

#22697 - 03/30/09 11:03 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 97and107]
SikPhil Offline
stranger

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
It is irrelavent wether Satanism is in the public eye or not.We are not here to do the work of mere mortals.Therefore I personally try to stay quite about it.To each his own.
#22776 - 04/02/09 08:26 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: SikPhil]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
What are you referring to with "We are not here to do the work of mere mortals"?
I'd think that I am here to do the work of a mortal since I am a mortal, and I don't do others' work for them. Unless paid of course. But no God has yet asked me for a favor, so I'll stick to mortals for the time being.

#22793 - 04/02/09 03:41 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
cheryablinsk70 Offline
stranger

I only tend to tell people when asked, unless I'm involved in some kind of philosophical or religious discussion. I seem to remember Peter Gilmore saying something in an interview about how a lot of people don't choose to reveal that they are a Satanist, because it might harm their reputation, and by extension, their career or other elements of their life. I think it would be against the philosophy of Satanism to harm oneself in that manner simply for the sake of pride.
#22796 - 04/02/09 04:12 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: cheryablinsk70]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: cheryablinsk70
I think it would be against the philosophy of Satanism to harm oneself in that manner simply for the sake of pride.

Yes, that is what is meant by "counter productive pride". There is nothing wrong with taking pride in things, so long as you actually have the right to take pride in them and that pride doesn't harm you. Alot of people, when the actually learn what Satanism is can at least say that it makes sense, even if it "isn't for them". However, many people simply hear the title Satanist and automatically revert to prejudices, pre-concieved notions etc.

#22799 - 04/02/09 04:37 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
cheryablinsk70 Offline
stranger

Oh, absolutely. Taking pride in your accomplishments and in aspects of your personality and identity is not a bad thing at all. And it's definitely true that when a lot of people hear "Satanist" they think sacrificing babies, killing animals, and perverted public sex acts (maybe that's an overstatement as it applies to a lot of people, but you get the point). I'd say it's pretty obvious how that could get in the way of someone's personal progress.
#22925 - 04/04/09 10:24 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
DREX Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
i believe anyone who claims to be a satinist but will not admit it to his close friends or relitives is a fraud and needs to just admit it. I am a satanist and i have no problem with telling people I am... if they ask but i have people in my school that go around talking about how cool they are because they are "Satanist" or wiccan or in some kind of demon summoning group i hate them. dont be those people but admit it when asked.
#22929 - 04/04/09 10:43 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: DREX]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Religion or lack thereof (or, in the case of Satanism, a philosophy) is a PERSONAL thing. YOU YOURSELF make the decision whether you do or do not deign to inform others, even family and close friends, of exactly what your beliefs/non-beliefs are. My advice would be to only inform those who YOU deem worthy. It is foolish, childish, and frankly idiotic behavior to out yourself as a Satanist simply for the shock factor or to establish your "unfuckwithable-ness." It is not lying or cowardly to keep such things to oneself. If only Christians were as tight-lipped, I might have more respect for them; unfortunately, they feel the need to loudly proclaim to the whole of the earth, indeed the stars themselves, of their religious piety, which comes off merely as posturing and grandstanding. As Satanists, I feel we are better than that.

Homo Homini Lupus

#22935 - 04/04/09 11:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: DREX]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Tell us how that works out for you when you find yourself out of a job, beaten up in a bar(when you are old enough to enter one of course), shunned by family and friends. Oh I know, it doesn't matter because I am a SATANIST. Wave your freak flag high. Just remember, not everyone likes that flag and some are willing and able to block your access to a better life or personal fulfilment just for flying that flag. Do yourself and your fellow satanists a favor, remove the "scary" bumper stickers from your vehicle and only wear your baphomet necklace when meeting with others that claim the path and when engaged in a group ritual.

#22954 - 04/05/09 12:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
I am an Evil, proud Satanist.

#22958 - 04/05/09 02:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
Morbid Rex Offline

Originally Posted By: fakepropht
Tell us how that works out for you when you find yourself out of a job, beaten up in a bar(when you are old enough to enter one of course), shunned by family and friends. Oh I know, it doesn't matter because I am a SATANIST. Wave your freak flag high. Just remember, not everyone likes that flag and some are willing and able to block your access to a better life or personal fulfilment just for flying that flag. Do yourself and your fellow satanists a favor, remove the "scary" bumper stickers from your vehicle and only wear your baphomet necklace when meeting with others that claim the path and when engaged in a group ritual.

Exactly.

We Satanist are the minority in a Judeo-Christian controlled society. A very misunderstood minority at that. If you want to announce to the whole world your a Satanist you're free to do it but you have to face whatever consequences come along with it. And being that self preservation is the highest law in nature I'm in no hurry to out my religious beliefs to the next crazy God-fearing under educated Homo Sapien I see.

In a Christian majority society full of people who have no idea what Satanism is or what it means to be a Satanist announcing your a Satanist to any Joe Schmo you see is like sneaking into a KKK meeting and then telling everyone you're Black imo.

Edited by Morbid Rex (04/05/09 02:18 PM)

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#22964 - 04/05/09 04:28 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Amina]
DREX Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
You are right. You CAN find redneck bible belt towns

yeah tell me about it i live in the middle of nowhere in VA and people will actualy run from me because they have all seen the tatto i have on my back and they all know im a satanist

however i dont like the term redneck its more like a hick town redneck can be used as an insult just saying tho

#23085 - 04/08/09 01:06 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
6Saint6John6 Offline
stranger

Loc: Wisconsin
I beleive if you hide behind a cloak of silence about being a Satainst, your scared of it. Iether scared or ashamed. Theres nothing wrong with being a Satanist, as we all know. I am open and very publis about it. Why be scared? Those who love you would accept you! If they didnt they dont love you for you, and they want you to be someone other then yourself. That is not being a Satanist. That's being a scared baby cowering behind his mother. Be strong! Take Charge of who you are and accept it!

#23089 - 04/08/09 02:20 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Saint6John6]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
The problem with being so "open" about it, St John, is that oftentimes, one's success is hindered by being "different". Now, unless you're a musician or an artist, being turned down for high-paying jobs because you flaunt your Baphomet or Pentagram is taking the road to martyrdom. It's stupid and can set you back financially or politically. It's all well and good to be a highly visible outcast when you have nothing to lose, or have not experienced being turned down for a high-paying position, denied entry into expensive, upper-caste places because you dress and act like a 15 year old, and most importantly, not being taken seriously because of doing so.

The question is, who would you rather be? The undercover, "sleeper" Satanist who owns his own company and a private jet, has a house in the Hills, all the pussy (or dick) you can eat, and a private island?

Or the pierced, tatted, mohawked Satanist who lives in a trailer park, has a fat girlfriend with 3 kids, and works at the McDonald's drive thru because no one else will hire him because of the way he looks?

Now, if you want to keep the rebellion limited to your own free time, like the weekend, that's one thing. But if you move in the same circles as your boss or coworkers and they see you looking like a Hot Topic model or frequenting shady establishments, word will get around, and your reputation may be put in danger.

Page 32 of 91 « First<3031323334>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.036 seconds of which 0.01 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.