Page 33 of 91 « First<3132333435>Last »
Topic Options
#23090 - 04/08/09 03:22 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Nemesis]
6Saint6John6 Offline
stranger

Loc: Wisconsin
I'm an open Satanist, but by no means do I completely advertise it, yeah I wear my mediallian but, one thing the school I am at teaches is employability. Theo nly thing that I relate to your definition to the open Satanist, is my hair. It is long. I look down upon mohawks. They look stupid. And I am studying to become a bricklayer then a game designer. I am in no form trying to become any kind of martydom. I refuse to be one. I merely say I'm a Satanist, nothing more. I asnwer the questions I get and I accept the critisim and fear. But by no means do I look anything like your definition.

#23092 - 04/08/09 03:58 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Saint6John6]
Jake999 Offline

If you think your hair has anything to do with being a Satanist...
If you think your music has anything to do with being a Satanist...
If you think your clothes have anything to do with being a Satanist...
If you think your car, your boat, your dog, your pet monkey...

You're not. Satanism isn't an outward appearance. That's the stuff of wannabes and posers. Satanism is as organic as life.

#23110 - 04/09/09 08:44 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jake999]
6Saint6John6 Offline
stranger

I know my music or hair has nothing to do with Satansm. My hair has been long for like... As long as I can remember. I've only been a Satanist for uh 8 years now. I grew up on metal music. So I know it has nothing to do with that, I was just merely stateing I fit what the public views a Satanist to look like. Its funny but at the same time its ironic how fast they exclude me from thigns at times.

#23131 - 04/09/09 02:01 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Saint6John6]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
 Quote:
Its [sic] funny but at the same time its[sic] ironic how fast they exclude me from thigns [sic] at times.

In this case, perception is everything. The way people perceive you is often the deciding factor between a promotion or extended tenure in the mail room.

As Jake says, Satanism is not about outward appearance. To be a Satanist is to ACT like one. A Satanist can dress up in a suit and tie (decidedly unSatanic, I know ;\) ) and still exude, through his/her demeanor, the Satanic principles. Does a Satanist have to be mean to everyone and have a perpetual scowl? Certainly not. The Devil is a gentleman. He is cordial upon first encounter. However, when dealing with a conniving, backstabbing co-worker for instance, he smashes him on the other cheek, "blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom - with compound interest liberally added thereunto." THAT is the essence of Satanism. You can have your Satanic rebellion without resorting to donning a costume.

So that really renders this discussion moot, does it not? A true Satanist cannot hide what he is from others because he IS Satanism. Satanists may not be verbally forthcoming with a confession of being as such, but they act as Satanists at all times, in every situation they face, and every person they meet, which is why one cannot "dress the part." Unless maybe I am wrong?

Edited by Draculesti (04/09/09 02:38 PM)
Edit Reason: Note to Morbid Rex: if it was unclear, I was being sarcastic. Perhaps a winking emoticon?

Homo Homini Lupus

#23132 - 04/09/09 02:10 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Draculesti]
Morbid Rex Offline

Un-Satanic? On the contrary I picture the Devil to be quite the dresser. The clean cut gentlemanly look can be quite powerful when used correctly.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#23133 - 04/09/09 02:33 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Draculesti]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Last Saturday I ended up in some pub talking to this dude. He looked a bit like a 40 year old hippie. So we're sitting there, drinking a bit too much and chatting some trivialities. At one point he says; "People generally like me; they are always happy to see me and enjoy my company but you know what, most are losers and the world is filled with opportunities. The only thing you need to do is play your part and take your share. Suddenly he didn't feel very Woodstockian. Looks might indeed confuse, acts and opinions seldom do.

D.

#23135 - 04/09/09 04:19 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
6Saint6John6 Offline
stranger

Well I just havel ong hair, I play the part, as you say. I dont dress in robes or anything. I just wear normal clothes. Yeah sure I stand out becauze I'm surrounded by people who wear really preppy clothes, and I prefer a a t shirt and a good pair of Levi's. I act the part, almost ecactly the way you said. There's so many people like that in the dorm I am. Its funny. They try that with me, I dont even let them finish because I 'Smash them in the face" lol. Blow for Blow. but If it is their first time, I am nice to them in some degree. I dont carry out all of what they did. Like if they tried to steal from me, I'd take something of theirs, and yes I am aware that the Rules state Do not take anything from another unelss it is a burden that screams to be relieved, But After they have their little episode on how the object is stolen, I simply strole in and give it back and tell them, I gave you a warning. Next time wont be so nicve. And you can never pin it on me because I'll never be caught. So far, The people I've done that to have all taken heed to my warning. They think I'll curse them or send a deamon on them or something. That part kinda pissed me off, but I remember how the public eye is towards the Satanist crowds.

#23141 - 04/09/09 07:41 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jake999]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Funny how long hair should be associated with Satanism when the the most prominent Satanist in the world was a baldie...

And my pet monkey is VERY satanic, thank you very much.

#23142 - 04/09/09 07:56 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
Funny how long hair should be associated with Satanism when the the most prominent Satanist in the world was a baldie...

LOL! And I had the pleasure of "Norelco-ing his head" on more than one occasion.

#23147 - 04/10/09 12:29 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Saint6John6]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Tick.....Tick.....Tick.....Tick.....

#23153 - 04/10/09 08:35 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: fakepropht]
6Saint6John6 Offline
stranger

Yeah it is pretty funny how they picture a Satanist with long ass hair, when the most reknown one was bald. Ironic really.

#23168 - 04/10/09 06:30 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Saint6John6]
EwanCS Offline
stranger

Loc: Glasgow, UK
Given that I don't strictly consider myself a Satanist, it's not really something I need to take into considerations, although I am always completely open about my philosophical leanings, and if I were to describe myself as a Satanist then, of course, I'd be more than happy to describe myself as one.
#23720 - 04/23/09 06:51 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: EwanCS]
Gemini Offline
pledge

Loc: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I'm not necessarily an "open Satanist," as it were, in that I don't blatantly advertise the fact that I am a Satanist through my clothing, accessories, or general "look". I wear my medallion whenever I feel it goes with whatever I'm wearing at any given moment; I'm always in jeans and a t-shirt. The only thing about my outward appearance that would allude to anything Satanic is that I, keep my hair buzzed (I quit taking a razor to it a few years ago), and sport a goatee - vaguely resembling LaVey's ol' style.

And I fail to see the point in announcing my religious views (or lack thereof) to the entire room anytime the word "religion" is brought up in conversation; with the number of people I interact with on a day-to-day basis, I've seen this done a number of times by a number of individuals.

In fact, generally speaking, the only time I'm wholly open to the fact that I am a Satanist is when I'm asked straightforwardly, "What's your religion?", in which case I inform the inquiring party that I'm a Satanist, and leave it at that. If they probe deeper, I explain whatever needs explaining, to whatever extent I'm comfortable with or tolerant to.

In my younger years, I learned quickly the repercussions of making it blatantly obvious that, "Hey, I'm a Satanist! Fuck you!" For the record, I was quite the idiot at the time, and I paid for it. Simply from announcing my status to the town in which I was reared (population: 600 in southern Oklahoma, mind you), the result was nothing short of the town having its own isolated "Satanic panic," of sorts. I wound up being investigated quite thoroughly by the local police and Sheriff departments; and a good number of citizens made an attempt to have me more-or-less "run out of town."

The point is that I learned a lot from my experience and stupid decisions. I'm more of a private person now, insofar as my personal life and its details are concerned.

(Note: You'll have to look past it if I seem at least somewhat incoherent right now; I'm running on fiftyish hours without sleep.)

-Gemini

#23727 - 04/23/09 07:55 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Avuziel Offline
lurker

Loc: NJ, USA
I am a public Satanist. If anyone gives me trouble about it I warn them to stop, if they persist I will destroy them. No one has ever given me problems about being a Satanist, either they stare at me and I stare back, or they just stay away for whatever reason. I had friends who didn't understand my choice, refused to ask for facts about it and excommunicated me from their world. They'll get theirs for betraying me, but be who you are and if you don't want to be open about your choice then don't. If people ask me if I'm a Satanist I usually tell them to mind their own fucking business. I do always have some sort of Satanic pendant on though.

#23780 - 04/25/09 09:01 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Avuziel]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

If you are talking to someone who follows one of the Abrahamic religions (judaism, Christianity of fucking Islam) and don't feel bothered about thier reaction with you being a satanist, the best way to tell them is to nail down THE most absurd, embarrasing element of their faith and really zeroing in on it in a completely logical, rationale and argumentative manner. Example:

"So you're a Satanist? A devil worshipper?"
"Satanists aren't devil worshippers. Modern Satanists are atheists. Satan is seen as symbolic. You follow Islam, right?"
"Yes."
"So you believe, and i want to just get this right, that an Arch Angel, with either 300 or 600 wings appeared and spoke to some guy 1400 years ago and showed him visions?"
"yes."
"An Archangel? With 3 or 600 wings! And it spoke to this guy? I mean, you actually believe this?"
"Uh... yeah..."
"It's like something out of the Greek mythology, or Viking tales or Lord Of the Rings!"
"Well basically if you look at the philosophy of Islam as Mohammad wrote it-"
"This is the writings that the Archangel told him, was it?"
"...That's what he wrote..."
"And what did the Archangel say?"
"Why do you keep mentioning Gabriel the Archangel? I'm talking about the philosophy."
"Because it's bollocks. It's like Scientology. The belief is reasonable, but the actual mythological crapolla surrounding it is exacltly that! Pefectly rational people will follow a religious belief cutting out, pick N choosing the bits they do and don't want, mainly because of outright embarresment!"

Page 33 of 91 « First<3132333435>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.037 seconds of which 0.011 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.