Page 35 of 90 « First<3334353637>Last »
Topic Options
#23827 - 04/27/09 07:47 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
it's just accepting that it is so improbable it almost equals zero.
As long as you keep the "almost" it's fine by me.

As a consequence, it requires very little faith for believing there is NO god.

As you know, points of view depend on experience. You have your, I have mine. Based on mine, I adopt the auto-theist position on the belief side.

Read again Marc Aurelius quote. I share it (but I don't know if I have the same point of view on it than its autor).
Sharing this point of view means that at the end I don't care about the opinion of any god. Because if it does not exist or is injust it's obvious. And if he's just, I'm confident.
Because I feel guilty of nothing. I live with thruth, honor, courage and justice.

If I ever meet god, he will disappear in a puf of justice!

Edited by Fabiano (04/27/09 07:52 PM)
Edit Reason: one sentence suppressed.

#23829 - 04/27/09 10:28 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Fabiano]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Agnosticism is completely irrational.

'The christian god' is not supported by any sort of evidence, so only amounts to one of an infinite amount of possible guesses as to the true nature of the cosmos.

As the amount of possible guesses(that being propositions not supported by any evidence)is infinite, so too is the likelihood of any one of those unsupported guesses being true, infinitesimally small.

And thusly and for all intents and purposes, indistinguishable from 'false'.

In the end, though, this question should not really matter to one who lives in the here and now. Beforelife, afterlife, all that is really knowable is this life.

Live it or don't.

#23830 - 04/27/09 11:00 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Tommy Offline
stranger

Quote:
Look at being a public satanist from another perspective; he who is open about everything has very little to lose. He who has very little to lose has no great ambitions.
Of course there might be exceptions to the rule but mostly -in the real world- being completely open IS at your disadvantage.

I guess I'm one of the exceptions you mentioned because in my «real world» I have no disadvantages (at least for now) related to openly expressing myself as a Satanist. Also, different ambitions are damaged by different causes and mine can't be damaged by Satanism.

In other way, I do deal with very open minded people everyday, and that must be why I'm prejudice free.

So I do understand your situation and I guess you're dealing with two kinds of people now: the ignorant student and the stubborn idiot. The first is the one who, not knowing what Satanism ir really about, is willing to learn so he can then be able to like or dislike our philosophy. The second is the one who is so tangled up on the mainstream lies, that he will never listen to what you have to say even if it is the most logical thing he's ever heard.

#23834 - 04/28/09 03:04 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Draculesti]
Mr_Reaper Offline
stranger

Loc: California, sf bay area (south...
 Originally Posted By: Draculesti
 Quote:
In public, I say I am agnostic Atheist. If they inquired more about my personal beliefs, I say that I fall inline with the Satanic beliefs, however are not Satanic.

Agnostic Atheist...hmmm...a bit of an oxymoron right there. By (a) definition, an agnostic is "One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true Atheism." Heh.

Agnostic Atheist is an actual term meaning you are agnostic bust strongly slanted towards the athiest side. Instead of saying "there is no god of any kind, it isnt possible because there isnt," is a 'strong athiest.' Where as an Atheist who would say "If god were to prove himself to me i would believe it"- this is an agnostic athiest, the person leaves room for a god to prove itself to that person (a '6' on the 1-7 athiesm scale by richard dawkins). imho, anyone who is either a 1 or 7 is wrong in reasoning.

#23835 - 04/28/09 03:16 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
Mr_Reaper Offline
stranger

Loc: California, sf bay area (south...
Saying that there is a possability for a god to exist and a possability for one not to exist is irrational? Sounds to me like an uneducated person staying neutral-- rational.

#23842 - 04/28/09 05:00 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
Fabiano Offline

Dan,

I agree with your infinitesimal calculation.

But if the only conception of God you're able to grasp is the Xian god, for sure, the result you obtain is zero.

And happy to see you share what I express in my last post and which is finally the only thing that matters : We do not care about the opinion of any god !

Be sure I live it.

#23845 - 04/28/09 12:27 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Fabiano]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

But how desperate is a person to be that when the probability for the Christian god is zero, he has to invent a new one to at least have some chance? Isn't that the strongest argument against non-caring?

Now that's the real question. ;\)

D.

#23850 - 04/28/09 01:48 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
I am surprised how far this thread has lasted, all while staying relatively on topic. it is a question many of us oldsters would pay little attention to, but clearly affects others.

last night i purposefully mocked and slandered Satanism, satanists, non-christians, heathens, etc... and i did it to make money. i went home with 4 hundred more dollars in my pocket than i started the day with.

and that's the way you do it kiddies.

#23853 - 04/28/09 04:46 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Mr_Reaper]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Mr_Reaper
Saying that there is a possability for a god to exist and a possability for one not to exist is irrational? Sounds to me like an uneducated person staying neutral-- rational.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. The fact that the logical reasoning I presented in support of this assertion seems to have completely escaped you really makes 'what you think' completely irrelevant.

Here is your chance to prove you are even a quarter the thinker you presented yourself as in that self congratulatory introduction post you squeezed out. Make a cogent argument against what I said. Something worthy of discussion.

It's time to see if you can cut the mustard.

And for Satans sake man learn how to spell or run a spellcheck before you post.

#23856 - 04/28/09 04:54 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Fabiano

But if the only conception of God you're able to grasp is the Xian god, for sure, the result you obtain is zero.

Well, this line of logic works equally well for any proposition for which there is no evidence. The christian god is just one example. Any faith based assertion rests on this same epistemological ground.

#23863 - 04/28/09 05:49 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
I would like to grasp the Xtian god by the neck, bash his /her/its
head against a rock, then toss his/her/its sorry ass over the rails of the golden gate bridge. But there is no god, so, unfortunately, this will never happen. winky winky.

#23870 - 04/28/09 08:06 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Satansfarm]
Nightmare Offline
pledge

Loc: San Antonio TX
 Quote:
We do not care about the opinion of any god !

I believe there is no god at all but that God is nothing more than a psychological crutch. God is used as a crutch when the religious person can't deal with life's tough realities. God listens to prayers and removes bad conscience when the religious person has commited something that he imagines to be sinful. Sometimes God is even used as an excuse or explanation for evil deeds that we otherwise can't understand: "It's simply the will of God!" So all the talk of what gods think are bullshit there is no god and there never was. The idea of god or a higher being is an illusion, a form of wishful thinking caused by human weakness. so the opinion of god is realy the opinoin of socioty in mass form.

According to some critics of religion it is only mature and rational human beings, that have risen higher on the evolutionary ladder who is above the fantasmagoria of religion. According to them we need to guide the psychological energy that's directed towards the illusory God and heaven back to the real, material world.

#23874 - 04/29/09 12:18 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Bacchae]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Hey All !!!!!

Re READ Bacchae POST!!!!!!!

Understand it!!!!!!!

As for the vegtable soups of god or no god what ifs or maybes...
It boils down to one simple thing...

Pick a side and get off the fucking fence!!!!!!!
Sitting on a fence just gets you a pole up your ass.

I like to just get to the heart of the matter so to make it simple and clean.

Do you get it?

Morgan

#23875 - 04/29/09 03:22 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Morgan]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Pick a side and get off the fucking fence!!!!!!!
Sitting on a fence just gets you a pole up your ass.

I wouldn't even pick a side.
Simply keep it on: make your life easy, stay out of trouble and enjoy what you are doing.
Fuck god, fuck atheists, fuck agnostics.. discussing there might be a god is wasting funtime..

#23880 - 04/29/09 09:33 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Bacchae]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Please don't tell me you duped people one of those old "I used to be an evil Satanist but then I found JESUS!" story....

Page 35 of 90 « First<3334353637>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.037 seconds of which 0.013 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.