Page 36 of 90 « First<3435363738>Last »
Topic Options
#23883 - 04/29/09 01:50 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
no. I am not an actor or a charlatan. public relations and a fair amount of sales technique is part of my job though, and one must be able to shift gears quickly and make the customer "like" you enough to instill trust, and to get them to part with their hard earned cash.
the gist of my post was that it does not matter what I believe or disbelieve. to proclaim myself as a satanist in my day to day dealings with mainstream life would be directly at odds with my own personal goals, therefore nullifying any satanicness I might have felt I possessed.
comb your hair, tuck in your shirt, smile to the christians, and spend their money on drugs and chinese hookers. people that wear giant baphomets in the workforce or in line at the bank or in front of a judge are essentially clowns, and no better than anyone else clinging to an identity or infected by a subcultural fashion.

#23885 - 04/29/09 02:55 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Bacchae]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Pretending to be a God fearing Xian has helped me out on a few different occasions. Looking nice and clean cut with a cross necklace is better court attire than a "Satanic uniform". It has also helped me get in the good graces of my girlfriend's parents. Not that it really matters too much, but I prefer to have my significant other's family like me.

Being yourself is good, to be sure, but sometimes it is better to be what other people want you to be. When I was younger I would be all gung-ho "Yeah, I'm a Satanist - FUCK YOU!" I quickly realized that counter productive pride is exactly that.

It sucks that we live in a world where people are judged on appearance and how a title like Satanist comes with such negative connations, but this is the world live in. Like it or not the US is a Xian nation. Rebellion is cool and there is a time and a place for it, but assimilation has its advantages too.

If you want to be very forth coming about your philosophical leanings and can still make a decent living and avoid public scrutiny, great, but don't count on it.

#23897 - 04/29/09 10:48 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
bornoffire999 Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: tn
Well i am not one to hide what i feel.In the recent months i have become confident with my new found mind.I had an old tatoo on my forearm and been considering covern it.well i did with a 4in radial Pentagram.slayer stle.slayer was the main reason i have came to be what i am now.i have been listening to black metal for 20 years and never heard what the songs meant untill recently.i always advertise my music with pride.hell hammer viper,celtic frost.i have no shame.Something came over me this year like a spiritual awakening.i have a no problem advertising what i am it makes me feel alive and powerful.i have a birthday this year ive been awaiting my whole life.090909.i knew i would trancend but i had no idea it would be this powerful.hail satan.
#23901 - 04/29/09 11:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: bornoffire999]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
You DO know that Slayer are not Satanists?

Now you are going to have to reevaluate your entire life. What a shame.

Quote:
i have a no problem advertising what i am it makes me feel alive and powerful.

How does that work out for you? You get a lot accomplished, don't you? People are more accommodating to your needs once they know you are a Satanist? (Despite the fact that you are actually just another one of those inverted-Christian types).

Quote:
i always advertise my music with pride.

While I sympathize with your affinity for black metal, and music can be reflective of one's Satanic mindset, the type of music one listens to is not what makes one a Satanist.

There is much wisdom on this forum from the older and wiser members who have commented on this. Unfortunately, it is lost on those who are all too eager to throw in their own opinion before seeing what others have to say on the subject.

Homo Homini Lupus

#23903 - 04/30/09 12:07 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: bornoffire999]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Slayer? The lead singer is a self-professed Catholic for crying out loud.

Heavy Metal is pretty awesome, but it's no place to get your religion from, especially if it's the outrageous over-the-top brands of black and thrash metal.

My advice? Read shit. The Satanic Bible isn't a bad place to start. There's also Rand, Nietzsche, etc. My personal favorite is Lucretius. His "On the Nature of Things" is one of the most Satanic things I've ever read, and he pulled that off two thousand years before a bunch of estranged Norwegian kids started wearing clown paint and shouting "Hail Satan!".

#23916 - 04/30/09 03:04 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: rob_church]
artemis draconis Offline
lurker

Loc: Asheville, North Carolina , Un...
i am extreamly open with my Satanism ,and i am a spiritual satanist though i am a very honorable person and dont really hate that many people , just people who disrespect me for who i am.

#23919 - 04/30/09 03:30 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
Slayer are still a satanic band in my eyes. Kerry King writes the lyrics for them, not Tom. Anyway I do agree that music is no place to get your religion from, but a lot of bands (Slayer being on of them) do send a pretty big message regarding religion. Just like an author of a book, musicians can sway peoples minds as well. Tell me you don't feel all warm and fuzzy when you listen to Deicide. ;\)

#23925 - 04/30/09 07:02 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: bornoffire999]
bornoffire999 Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: tn
well here is the point i was making on black metal and slayer.i'm not here to tell anyone a direction or make accusations on how strong there mental capacity is to understand something.there are many forms of Satanism.so i am beginning to pull in a direction towards it.through the images placed by bands such as these i was able to seperate myself from the hold of fear.that was my point. and to be able to walk arround in a community of holy rollers where your buisness growth and your childrens future could be at stake.then i would say i am much more able to be an individual than most.where i am in the beggining is of no importance nor how i got here it will be decided in where i end up.you speak intelligent but your mind is clouded with self gratification to belittle someone which you will not accomplish with me.if individualism is the key than i have accomplished much long ago.
#23932 - 04/30/09 08:26 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: bornoffire999]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: bornoffire999
there are many forms of satanism.

There is one form of Satanism, yet many different interpretations. Once we lose the actual meaning of a word and open it up for interpretation, many of these will be wrong. This causes further confusion as a title that should need no further explanation gains a prefix. One shouldn't need to further define the word Satanism to better fit themselves.

This individualism you speak of, is this why you chose to reply to yourself?

~T~

Looking at how you present yourself here has opened my eyes a bit wider.

Thanks

Edited by ta2zz (04/30/09 08:29 PM)
Edit Reason: added a thought

#23943 - 05/01/09 01:38 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: bornoffire999]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Quote:
well here is the point i was making on black metal and slayer.i'm not here to tell anyone a direction or make accusations on how strong there mental capacity is to understand something.there are many forms of satanism.so i am beginning to pull in a direction towards it.through the images placed by bands such as these i was able to seperate myself from the hold of fear.that was my point. and to be able to walk arround in a community of holy rollers where your buisness growth and your childrens future could be at stake.then i would say i am much more able to be an individual than most.where i am in the beggining is of no importance nor how i got here it will be decided in where i end up.you speak intelligent but your mind is clouded with self gratification to belittle someone which you will not accomplish with me.if individualism is the key than i have accomplished much long ago.

For Fuck's sake. Learn some basic grammar. I'm tired of reading your bullshit.

Seriously, dude, you are more than old enough to be able to compose a sentence correctly and spell properly. I'm fuckin' drunk and I guarantee you that when I come back here sober I will not have disappointed myself with poor spelling and grammar.

As for you post(s):

The main difference between music and those wonderful things called books is almost always IQ. By that I mean that any idiot can listen to a song but in order to grasp concepts in a serious piece of literature, one must have a certain amount of intelligence. If you are getting your Satanism from music then don't get all butthurt when everyone makes fun of you. A life-long catholic doesn't know shit about Satanism. If he did, he'd be a Satanist and not a Catholic.

Separate yourself from the hold of fear? Did I miss something? Wtf were you afraid of in the first place? So you listen to a song and suddenly you're fearless? That's just stupid.

Quote:
and to be able to walk arround in a community of holy rollers where your buisness growth and your childrens future could be at stake

A little paranoid? What the hell threat do they pose? Come on! I live in freakin' Arkansas and I'm not bothered/threatened a bit by my southern baptist neighbors. But then again, I could just as well be a serial killer as a Satanist...I look just like everyone else.

If you have half a brain it doesn't matter if you are surrounded by Satanists, Christians, or hardcore jihad-screaming islamics. There are certain core concepts to Satanism and you can practice/rear your children with these ideals without anyone ever being the wiser. Only an idiot would parade down my streets declaring their unholiness...yet I get along even better than "just fine". I'm broke as a joke, there's that (but I'm a single mom college student so it's expected)...BUT...my thoughts and opinions are respected and when I tell someone around here something, they sure as fuck listen because I have an impeccable track record when it comes to advising and advice.

As you evolve, you will find that the sheep are your best friends.

Quote:
where i am in the beggining is of no importance nor how i got here it will be decided in where i end up.

So you say. I counter with this: Where you start plays a large part in where you are going to end up. Just because you are *here* doesn't mean shit. I could paper my living room with the list of noobs who have been banned for simply being a douche. (have I ever used that word before??? Drunken minds want to know!) Of course, I'm an old timer and I've been here since before this current incarnation existed...but that's beside the point. My point is...sorta...that just because you found your way to the absolute best Satanic forum on earth (you can pay me for the plug in sex, Rick) does not mean that you are automatically awesome and better than those you turn your nose up at. As far as that goes, I know loads of Christians who can spell and know the rules of grammar...so in a way, I'd rather read what they have to say than what you have to say.

And if the effort you put in your posts is any reflection of the effort that you put into your life, I'd say you're not going to end up very far from where ever it is you started....and I'm also going to speculate that you started low.

Quote:
you speak intelligent but your mind is clouded with self gratification to belittle someone which you will not accomplish with me.

What is this? Some attempt at sounding regal? No one has to belittle you. You belittle yourself with the way you present yourself. Screw Nietzsche, et al., you need to read Harcourt-Brace-Jovanovich. They have some wonderful 2nd grade texts on how to compose a sentence in order to maximize understanding of your ideas...

Quote:
if individualism is the key than i have accomplished much long ago.

I have to throw my ever-famous "bullshit flag" here. What - exactly - have you accomplished? The only thing I have seen that is unique to you is your inability to relate your ideas in a competent manner....

But then again, I may have a mind clouded with the self-gratification of being better than you when expressing my thoughts...

#23947 - 05/01/09 04:28 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: ta2zz]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
There is one form of Satanism, yet many different interpretations
I can only agree with that. Only with the many interpretation I have a little trouble..

Indeed as you said there is only one form. But the fact there are "other forms" does not mean there only are other interpretations. Some just don't gasp what it is about, change the definition for various reasons (a still hidden belief in a god, fear,..) so they can "fit" in.

#23948 - 05/01/09 05:04 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'd like to disagree and turn it around:

There is only ONE interpretation of Satanism but there are MANY forms.

What differs one Satanism from another is not the form in which it displays but the interpretation of Satanism, which is the core of that form. It also explains how, as an example, some Laveyan satanists can be wrong even when all the outer displays seem to be correct. At the same level, a visibly incorrect form -to some- like theistic Satanism can be correct, contrary to what it displays, because their interpretation of the core is.

D.

#24181 - 05/05/09 12:12 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
COSMIC Offline
lurker

Loc: FLORIDA
YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE! DO NOT BE SUBMISSIVE TO THOSE WHO YOU THINK MAY JUDGE OR COUNTER JUDGE YOU! ONLY ONE CAN TRULY JUDGE YOU!....ARCHANGEL.FALLEN
#24182 - 05/05/09 12:16 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: COSMIC]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

And how far do you think that line of thinking will get you?

Also, typing in all caps doesn't lend any credibility to what you have to say. Just a helpful hint.

#24188 - 05/05/09 08:20 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ParadiseLost51 Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
And how far do you think that line of thinking will get you?

Also, typing in all caps doesn't lend any credibility to what you have to say. Just a helpful hint.

As some who debated in High school, stating your point louder than your opponent does not make it anymore credible!
Ex: JESUS IS AMAZING! EVERYONE SHOULD BE A CHRISTIAN!
really doesn't make it make anymore sense does it? nope...still bullshit...

Going off the topic though, yes, I am a proud Satanist, and I am not afraid of other people finding out. I read the Satanic Bible in public and I am not afraid to let even devote christians know of my beliefs. I get a small rush when they ignorantly pray for my soul! I do not, however, take anything too far, such as literally attacking people with my beliefs. I'm not a christian after all! ha! But I must digress. I believe that if you are afraid of people finding out who you really are, then you shouldn't be that. in other words, be proud of being a satanist or don't bother being one!

Page 36 of 90 « First<3435363738>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.039 seconds of which 0.011 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.