Page 39 of 91 « First<3738394041>Last »
Topic Options
#24495 - 05/12/09 01:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: JohnTurk]
imagodhater Offline
stranger

Loc: Now:Ft Bragg, NC-Soon Germany
I am rather new to giving myself over solely to my Atheist belief, but I have been leaning towards this for the better part of 15 years. To answer the original posts question of whether or not to go public, that is something only you alone can answer. Dr. Lavey stated in the Satanic Bible that it is fine to go public with your belief but you should take into account the possible consequences of it beforehand. If you tell your family and they disown you was it worth it? If you tell your coworkers and you end up fired was it worth it? The Satanist philosophy is one in which you should take care of the number one person, yourself. We answer to no one except ourselves and therefore you should only do what will make you happy, mentally less restrained, and better off in the long run! Personally, my wife is the only who really knows what I am thinking. My oldest daughter is beginning to see it as well as she is old enough to figure it out. My mother is beginning to figure it our as well but she's not really religious herself. I have not told anyone else for the fact that I grew up in church with my grandparents and at their advanced age I do not wish them any mental hardship. I'd rather them die with the knowledge that I was still a christian so they don't have mental stress worrying about their favorite grandson. My wife is also a devoute christian and is finding out just how opposite we are, and wouldn't you know it...our bedroom life is getting better because of it. All angels need to ride a demon once in a while for the thrill ;-)! Anyways, this is my first post to the site so take it or leave it, I don't really give a shit!

#24499 - 05/12/09 04:02 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: imagodhater]
SikPhil Offline
stranger

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Anton did say it was your choice if or if not you would like your religion to be known and yes at times difficulties can arise when other individuals become aware of your belief system. Personally throughout the last 14 years my entire family has been hip to the fact that I am a satanist. They never bring it up maybe they do not know or their really clever fu*king actors. But in all honesty I understand how not all people are the same when they become aware. But that is just ignorance. Freedom of religion..Damn isnt that shit in the constitution. America and certain other civilizations are in abundance of bigots and hypocrites. This fact we can probably never change. Their in their own world. F*ck 'em.
#24515 - 05/13/09 04:02 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Asmodevs Offline
stranger

Very good. I prefer Occam's razor.

I think the real issue I'm dealing with here is that I have issues of maintaining somewhat static images of myself. I really want to belong to this religion or that philosophy and meet like minded people by claiming 'I'm a *this*' or 'I'm a *that*.' But nothing sticks. None of it defines truth for me. It's all bullshit as far as I'm concerned.

I used to enjoy philosophical discussions when I could find people that could get past the climax (or conflict) of semantics and get into the deeper areas of our minds. I think I came back here trying to recapture that. Lately, though, I can't remember what I type 10 minutes afterwords. And I think this is because... I just.... don't care anymore.

and that's about it.

#24516 - 05/13/09 05:14 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Asmodevs]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
For most of my life, I have kept my satanic beliefs and practices to myself. It has only been recently that I have attempted to contact others with similar beliefs. I have mixed feelings about this. There are those who sharply criticize me or scoff at me, otherwise annoying me. There are some people who contribute, perhaps by sharing ideas, sources, etc. I could have gotten most of this information anonymously by perusing books or reading articles on the internet. I have felt the energy of people who genuinely have tried to help me. I suppose this cannot have happened unless I reached out somehow to others.
The proverbial cat is out of the bag. there is no turning back now. I have made new enemies as well as friends.

Edited by Satansfarm (05/13/09 05:15 AM)

#24523 - 05/13/09 11:55 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Asmodevs]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Where did you ever get the idea that Satanism is about truth? The bible or the qur'an is about truth but Satanism is nothing but a manner of living, a manner of thinking. One specific form of the LHP. Do not confuse how satanists look upon TSB -or should look upon it- with how christians look upon their bible. What Lavey did was write down his manner of thinking and his manner of living. It is not the gospel and seeing it as the end and all is rather silly. There is no difference between thinking that a book that is 40 years old says it all, or one that is 2000 years old. In the last 40 years, we evolved, science evolved, philosophy evolved, in fact about everything evolved so at the same pace, Satanism evolves.

So forget about Satanism and truth, we all make up our truths as we progress along our path. Truth is flexible and changeable.

Oh, and the perception you try to paint about you not caring; words need to be backed up by actions. The very fact that you even argument your views here contradicts that position. It's a nice try, I've seen (so-called) nihilists before here but if they really were, why bother registering?

D.

#24526 - 05/13/09 01:05 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
There is no difference between thinking that a book that is 40 years old says it all, or one that is 2000 years old. In the last 40 years, we evolved, science evolved, philosophy evolved, in fact about everything evolved so at the same pace, Satanism evolves.
D.

I'll add, for those (like me) whose core essence resonates to the words of Dr. LaVey, that there is NOTHING wrong with locking one's life into the philosophy of Satanism as LaVey defined it. If it works for you, then it works for you. BUT if you lock your whole being into the 272 pages of The Satanic Bible and consider nothing else to be worthy of consideration, then you have become the antithesis of what Dr. LaVey set out to establish as Satanism as we came to know it.

Satanism demands study and it demands that one be aware. You can't be aware unless you open your mind to "the other." You don't have to accept what "the other" has to offer. Quite frankly, I see most of the things that I see posted as "Satanism" to be the product of delusion or mitigation, but it all gives me insights into either where I stand as a Satanist in my own right, or where I might find a method of enhancement to the philosophy that rules my life. And because I simply find something of use to me that ISN'T strictly LaVeyan in concept or application, doesn't diminish me in what others might call "LaVeyan Satanism." It simply means that I've found a tool that I can use, or one that might be considered if the need arises.

So does that mean that I'm going to change my core ideals because I've found something to enhance them? Of course not, and especially if that finding leads to my diluting of my personal acceptance of them. Hypocrisy works well for the deluded, but not so well for the "true believer." I can UNDERSTAND how one might decide that each of the Infernal Names from Abbadon to Yen-lo-Wang is a specific entity unto itself, a demon or a Satanic servant of some kind, and still KNOW that they were meant to be nothing more then literary representations of man's inherent qualities for better or ill. I can UNDERSTAND those who feel the need to indulge in drugs and pharmaceuticals, yet I can KNOW that they're not what Satanism as I know it is about, based on the words included in the Ninth Enochian Key AND what LaVey has written about that beyond The Satanic Bible and other books extant.

AND how would YOU know about what he's said unless you expand your knowledge beyond The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Rituals? There are 40 years of developments, thoughts, philosophical milestones, and fine tuning in Satanic thought even within the construct of The Church of Satan. LaVey's innovation only becomes static if we succumb to the siren call of inertial thinking. Fix your gaze on the North Star and you'll find your way, but if you simply find the North Star and never move toward your destination, you'll only stay where you are.

#24528 - 05/13/09 01:12 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jake999]
love.light.peace Offline
Trolling Hippy
stranger

I'm not a Satanist in public. I'm more of a religious delicatessen- I take certain principles from certain religions and apply them to my existence when it suits my needs.

I'm not sure if I'm a Satanist or if being a Satanist would be right for me. I don't like wearing black as it's awfully depressing and I go all squeamish when I see blood.

#24529 - 05/13/09 01:14 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: love.light.peace]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Who ever said Satanists have to wear black, or be fond of blood? I think your views on Satanism are a little misguided.

#24531 - 05/13/09 01:23 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: love.light.peace]
Saligia Offline
stranger

Loc: Manchester, England
I recommend you read through the Satanic Bible, there's no blood sacrifice and black clothing is optional.

Forget anything you might have heard about bloodthirsty satanists drinking chicken's blood and burning churches, such activities have no place in LaVeyan Satanism.

As a side note, if it's "light and peace" that you're looking for, you're probably in the wrong place.

#24532 - 05/13/09 01:59 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Saligia]
Jake999 Offline

LOL! Hell, Even Dr. LaVey wore colors. Of course, his basic day to day outfit was black on black, but seldom would he not enhance it with a colorful jacket and tie. and he even wore colored shirts. (How UNSATANIC!!!!) PROOF you say? Here's a shot I took of him at home in the Black House.

#24533 - 05/13/09 02:17 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jake999]
love.light.peace Offline
Trolling Hippy
stranger

Popular culture has misled me again. If you can wear colors then this satanist gig might be my thing.

#24538 - 05/13/09 02:54 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: love.light.peace]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Again, attire, no matter its color, has nothing to do with Satanism. You could wear fuck all for goat's sake and still be more Satanic than the average black wearing wannabe. Satanism, unlike Christianity and other popular faiths, is not fashion to be worn.

Of course, all of this has already been covered in this very thread, but nobody wants to read thirty-some odd pages, right?

For fuck's sake...

Homo Homini Lupus

#24574 - 05/14/09 02:41 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Draculesti]
Asmodevs Offline
stranger

Here are my most recent references for all the smack I've been talking:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com
You can argue the logic of the ultimate scope with this one. I just don't see why you wouldn't welcome any change such as what is proposed here. I recommend 'Addendum' and then the orientation.

http://www.well.com/~jct/
If you read *ALL* of U.G.'s work here I believe you'll find it impossible to argue his logic. It tops everything.

I've found that these 2 philosophies support each other very strongly... If you know the material thoroughly you'll understand what I've been trying to say.

#24645 - 05/16/09 12:36 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Asmodevs]
Asmodevs Offline
stranger

If Satan lived on Earth... would he not provide abundance to the whole world because it would ultimately benefit himself to the highest degree?

I'd sure as hell like to think that this would be the case.

I'd like to think he'd show up where 'god' has not... and correct our misunderstandings. That he has the power to make it lush and beautiful for himself... or he can neglect his powers and live in shit.

#24646 - 05/16/09 01:11 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Asmodevs]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
When will you people begin to understand that Satanism has NOTHING..I repeat...NOTHING..to do with devil worship, gods, deities, heaven, hell, or any other superstitious fictitious mythological nonsense.

All that bullshit is exactly what Satanism exists to oppose!

This recent influx of reverse christians is quite annoying.

Page 39 of 91 « First<3738394041>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.01 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.